• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

here's a trade that I can make:

CWS Trade:

Contreras, Crede, McCarthy

for:

Eric Chavez and Kirk Saarloos.

I'd be taking on a lot of money ( bout 6 mil ), but I really lack a left handed batter in my lineup. I'm still not sure, I might just stick it out with the team I have now and see what the off season brings.

As the Nationals, I traded:

Gave:

Jose Guillen, Vinny Castilla, Christian Guzman

Got:

Miguel Tajada

It was a great deal for me 8), as I just put Jamey Carroll at third, Tajada at SS, and Church as a starter in the outfield. Worked out great!

I'm having no success trading Scott Hatteberg in one of my dynasties. I'm trying to get some money (Hatteberg's salary is $1.3M) because I only have $3.4M of cap room and I need to resign a couple of players so they'll quit complaining (Huston Street, Yhency Brazoban). I already have 2 first basemen (Erubiel Durazo, Daryle Ward), and he's only played in 16 games through late June due to injury. I've tried trading him for a lot of the RP on the trading block, but nobody wants to take on the extra $500K-$1M. Any trade suggestions, or should I just release him?

And btw, I'm trying to trade him for either a pitcher, a player who can hit (power & contact 60-70+) against either a RHP or LHP, or a speedster (speed of at least mid-80s)

then you won't be able to do the trade. You could wait untill the computer offers you something, cuz sometimes they are willing to take on salary, but then they'll probably give you crappy players. Otherwise...you'll have to stick it out.

Kevin don't hate?

Do you try finding a trade in the way I explained in the first post?

Here it is, try again and let me know how it goes.

First I save the game file before making any trades. Then start looking for the players I what off each team for my player. I start at top of the ratings for each team and go down the line. When I find a trade that is accepted. I trade back for the same players. If the AI gives him back then it’s a fair trade. Then I trade the players back again and go to payroll to negotiate a new contract with the new player to see what he will take. If for any reason the AI refuses to talk about the contract or keeps my player at the start and won't give him back it’s probably not in my best interest to make that trade. I STOP and reload the file without saving and continue my search. I keep going down the lists of each team until I have a long list of trades to choose from for my player.

• 3 weeks later...

basically you have to strike a balance between pay and skill level which is the overall meter to make a fair trade that the computer accepts.. typically a user will accept more trades.. or you could just wait until the deadline and the computer will make more trade offers

• 11 months later...

Just wondering if this is a closed topic?

Does anyone play more than 2 or 3 seasons with one team?

It seems to me that after playing 6 seasons all the teams have the same look. Even with all the cyberfaces out there. Fake names and 12 different faces.

I still use the system but only play until the challange is gone and is to easy to win. Even when I sim games I'm winning 120 game a year.

Just looking for some feed back on this?

Archived