Some teams/eras not represented well in TC...

capa

I broke down the current TC2 team list and took a look at the teams AlexTony listed as being done for TC3, and it appears we do not have good representation for the following teams/eras:

Braves: pre-1957 (were Boston Braves in NL up to 1952)

Orioles: pre-1964 (were St Louis in AL up to 1953) and post 1970

White Sox: post 1965

Reds: pre-1961 (and they go all the way back to 1882!)

Royals: post 1977

Pirates: post 1979

Devil Rays: UGH...none at all (should there be??)

Rangers: post 1974

Blue Jays: pre-1992

All other teams have a fair representation across the decades. Maybe a few only have one or two teams, but most have 3 or 4 entries across the past 100 years.

C

man Capa, I did the same thing without looking at the post. also, here is a list of the decades and amount of teams represented:

1900 - 1919 11

1920 - 1929 4

1930 - 1939 3

1940 - 1949 7

1950 - 1959 5

1960 - 1969 26

1970 - 1979 13

1980 - 1989 13

1990 ^ 9

there were simply not as many of the earlier teams: 1900 - 1959, eight

teams per league, 16 total and we have most of the key players on one team or another.

they are also the hardest to find pics for

the 60's are very well represented with 26 clubs

so i have been trying to concentrate 'mainly' on the 70's -80's and a few

90's. as most playing the game can identify with those teams pretty well.

getting help from jewgrass and hopefully we can rap this part (team rosters) by month's end. i will seek to find a few more rosters from

some capable people who may have a few that can be put in

That's funny! I see we are on the same page.

I have been hoping to set up like 3 distinct and separate leagues:

1900-1949

1950-1979

1980-present

or something along those lines. It is almost impossible to do though, especiall for the first set due to the old league structure of 8 or 16 teams. The game makes you have 30 team leagues which ruins it for any kind of pre-modern day era league setup. Now that's one mod I would pay for! Create your own league structure.

Also critical to an exercise like this is the ability to rename teams and reassign uniforms. I think Fuzz's editor allows for the unis, but no way to rename/move teams to new franchises - like using the 55 Dodgers in Colorado's slot, etc... I was hoping Fuzz would release an updated Studio version of his work last year which allowed us to do all that, but I don't think that is happening.

C

I can do more rosters if you guys want. I'm quite anal and like to have all the appearances and stances right, which is why I took so long on the 93 Phillies. But if that is secondary, I'd be happy to do some of the older teams.

Thanks to MLB All Access most of these teams have archived games, so getting the stances/deliveries right is easy for the majority of the players. I wish Peter Bernard would get back to me, I'd love to get him to do some more faces for me.

You know, another big possibility in all this is Stecropper (Don). I know he is working on literally hundreds of teams as he is trying to do a complete 60's and 70's set...not sure about other decades. he may be able to offer up quite a few clubs to fill in the blanks.

I can do more rosters if you guys want. I'm quite anal and like to have all the appearances and stances right, which is why I took so long on the 93 Phillies. But if that is secondary, I'd be happy to do some of the older teams.

Thanks to MLB All Access most of these teams have archived games, so getting the stances/deliveries right is easy for the majority of the players. I wish Peter Bernard would get back to me, I'd love to get him to do some more faces for me.

Great! Check out my first post...if there are any teams you can do that pertain to those first 3 or 4 teams in the post for the "missing" years, that would be great!

C

I'll have a couple more teams done by the end of the weekend, then I'll look into doing some of those older teams.

Ideally I'd like to get some pre-1900 teams in, but I don't know if anyone can find pics and/or uniforms...

I'll have a couple more teams done by the end of the weekend, then I'll look into doing some of those older teams.

Ideally I'd like to get some pre-1900 teams in, but I don't know if anyone can find pics and/or uniforms...

I think if we can get more teams post 1980 for these, it would be good:

Orioles

WhiteSox

Royals

Pirates

Rangers

I'm working on the 83 Orioles right now. As well as the 91 Twins and 64 Cards.

Oops! That's right -- I forgot you mentioned that in the Phase 3 W.I.P. thread. Alex Tony has already sent me your '93 Phillies .met file along with a portrait set for them.

update

this is how the teams are 'looking' in terms of being added to 'TC' p3:

50 phils

51 nyg

52 A's

62 giants

64 St L

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 A's

91 twins

93 braves

93 phils

95 rockies

97 marlins

99 indians

25 to speak of

maybe an early 1990's Texas and Pittsburgh team would go well

I haven't been around in awhile, sorry about that, it's a busy time for me right now. However, before I took my 'break' I was working on '92 Pirates uniforms.

We put the 91 Pirates in rather than the 92 team since they won 98 games...oops...

C

Archived