Bat Selector Version 3.0 is up!

spitoon

-----------------------------------------------------------

Spitoon's Bat Selector for MVP 2005 V 3.0 - May 2005

This is an entirely re-written version of the bat selector. I've changed theselection process to be a bit more flexible. Now you choose the plain bat first, and then decide to add pine tar or tape to it. I've also added a few more bats, and touched up some of the older ones. There are now 27 different bats to choose from, with 6 options each for a total of 162 bats in the library.

Spitoon's Bat Selector for MVP 2005 V 3.0 - May 2005

This is an entirely re-written version of the bat selector. I've changed theselection process to be a bit more flexible. Now you choose the plain bat first, and then decide to add pine tar or tape to it. I've also added a few more bats, and touched up some of the older ones. There are now 27 different bats to choose from, with 6 options each for a total of 162 bats in the library.

i love it!

what files deos this mod edit again? im having problems, and i cannot find your previous mod, and i have my entire game backed up, so hopefully if i replace whatever file it is with my backed up files, i can get my problem fixed.. thanks.

This mod is applied to the initstaz.big file.

It won't change anything you have already done to the file, it will just add the bats you choose to your existing initstaz.big.

I'm getting an error message with mine when I try to pick which bats I want in the game. A "cannot run MS-DOS program in the windows directory" error...or something along those lines. And it asks me to close or ignore the problem. So it's not working for me right now. :(

A "cannot run MS-DOS program in the windows directory" error...or something along those lines. And it asks me to close or ignore the problem.

For those of you getting the above error message, check out THIS LINK.

It appears as though you may have some missing files.

"you make em, i break em"-my new motto spitoon, how you like it? lol. i promise not to post screen shots of broken bat base hits any more.

No, post away, I get so few broken bats for some reason...I think it's a cool feature, I just wish it would happen a little bit more often...not too much, but a little more.

If someone can post pics of what each bat looks like that would be great.

The description of each helps, but for some i can't visualize what it will look like.

There are 162 of them...changing 8 at a time, running the game, snapping pics, shutting down the game, cutting and pasting and posting them here would be quite a task...

It's really quite simple, white tape (like hockey tape), black tape (like hockey tape), white tape in a criss cross pattern (I think Griffey Jr. tapes his bats this way), and pine tar.

I'd suggest just trying 8 out, if you don't like them change them, or replace the stock initstaz.big and go back to EA's bats.

no, no..i mean just the basic look of each bat.

EX: "Natural x bat". then a pic of it

"Red/black Easton" then a pic

don't worry about the tape... i'd just like to see what each one is instead of installing em...seeing them...not getting the right one...instlling another ...start up the game again...over and over...

or even better/easier...do you have a web site of bats that are what you are using as your resource? that would help too.

or just post the .bmp files of each of the bats you plugged into your game...that would work too. :wink:

no, no..i mean just the basic look of each bat.

EX: "Natural x bat". then a pic of it

"Red/black Easton" then a pic

don't worry about the tape... i'd just like to see what each one is instead of installing em...seeing them...not getting the right one...instlling another ...start up the game again...over and over...

or even better/easier...do you have a web site of bats that are what you are using as your resource? that would help too.

or just post the .bmp files of each of the bats you plugged into your game...that would work too. :wink:

The majority of them are HERE and HERE.

As biker jim suggested, you can just look at the .bmps in the bmp folder, they don't look like a bat because they are just the skins, but it will give you an idea of what they look like.

Archived