64 team classic tournament

Padres67

Because I dont have a life I just completed a 64 team classic tournament against the cpu-using the teams that made it to the world series and 11 teams that were great teams that didnt I played a single elimination tourney along the lines of the ncaa bb-the great teams that were included that didnt make the world series were 64 orioles,61 tigers,70 twins,69 braves,78 red sox,80 astros,86 angels,94 expos, 41 red sox, 77 royals,and 74 rangers. The final 4 were the 29 A's, 75 Reds, 55 Dodgers, and the 94 Expos-who may have made it that year if not for the strike-probably there best year ever. Place your guesses as to which of the 4 teams won. I will post the scores of the final 4 results.

My vote goes to the Big Red Machine of '75....that was a helluva team with Morgan, Rose, Perez, Bench, Concepcion, Foster, Jack Billingham, Pat Darcy, Rawley Eastwick, Ken Griffey Sr., just a great team all around. :) Too bad they beat the Red Sox that year, I'm not too happy about that but such is life. :x Later!!!

Thanks for the guesses-here is the results for the 64 classic team tourney

The North division final was the 75 Reds defeating the 29 A's 3-2. The Southern Division final was the 55 Dodgers over the 94 Expos 5-4, holding off a late 3 run rally. In the championship it was the 55 Dodgers behind Erskine, Koufax and Bessent defeating the 75 Reds 3-0. The last out was a ground ball to Reese who made a low throw to Hodges just as he did in 1955 for the final out against the Yankees for their only world Series Championship. So after 63 games and probably 30 some hours you have my best team ever.

for the last few years I have Madden Tournaments & Love it.

97 Denver wins most of them. I have best out of 3 games and with classics Im going to have best of 3 at home & at road. It will take some time, but well worth it! If you sim now with Classics seems 1919 Whitesox seems the best..

My only problem with MVP 05 is there seems to be too many Intentional Walks!!!

Way to many. no matter who's data file I use.

MrGravyard - Try setting the Team Tendencies in MVPEdit. There is one for Intentional Base on Balls (at least I think there is) and if you set it to Zero you will be fine - Unfortunately they only have that capability at the MLB level and not the Minors as would be necessary for all of Total Classics.

well I have a problem, Edit wont work it did before but now no.

when I click it on it says-Componet'TABCTL 32. ocx or one of its Dependencies not correctly registered: a File is missing or Invalid.

I downloaded Edit again & it says the same thing...

a week ago my son screwed up my computer & I had to do a system restore.

I figure thats the problem..

Excuse me for my complete ignorance here but

how in the $#ll do you setup such a tournament?

I have not found any way to designate teams for a

tournament like this one.

Can I create custom leagues in 2k5??

I wrote it out on paper-played all of them in exhibition mode and just kept track of the scores. I just chose the team I wanted to play with I won about 50% of the games. I could have done cpu vs. cpu-but I enjoy playing so I did it that way-I'm sure others would come up with other results

Archived