Strikeout fix-finally can k some batters

boulet430

Yes, I'm definitely interested. I'd love to get a few more K's...My pitcher do well as far as getting outs, but my K numbers are low.

That's my problem.

And let me clarify that this is not about throwing cheese three pitches in a row and getting a strikeout. I guess the better explanation for my problem is that when I throw fastballs the cpu makes contact most of the time instead of taking it or missing the pitch. I still normally use the breaking pitches to get the k, although pitchers such as Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson often use the four seamer to get a strikeout.

I have tinkered with lowering the CPU contact ratings and found that it resulted in easier games for me.

High hea is what I get most of my K's with. A fastball just above the strike zone will nail most batters. If not, I'll throw a sinker or slider down below the strike zone. Most batters will chase bad pitches with two strikes.

Most of my K's are on change-ups... and more than half are caught looking and not swinging. It's tough to get the CPU batter to swing and miss a two-strike fastball. Guys like R. Johnson, Clemmens, and Pedro should have enough "stuff" on their fastballs to get swinging strikeouts more often than I'm seeing it.

Most of my K's are on change-ups... and more than half are caught looking and not swinging. It's tough to get the CPU batter to swing and miss a two-strike fastball. Guys like R. Johnson, Clemmens, and Pedro should have enough "stuff" on their fastballs to get swinging strikeouts more often than I'm seeing it.

Agreed Rod. And let me say again to the posters who continue to post in here about how they get ks, I'm happy for you. That is not what this thread is about. For those of us like myself, Rod, and Spitoon who notice the issue, I'm working towards a solution. For those of you who seem to have no issue, great.

rod, I know this is the wrong thread, but any word on any fixes for the homerun shortage? thanks Tried to edit the values for 19-21, but no change.

I have that same issue Kumala. Im torn as to what to do. I really love the feel of the game with Roddata but am unhappy with what seems like an inability to drive the ball. :(

boulet, well I made some changes to the datafile and now am able to hit some homers. I edited the 30 and 31 values in the batterai section and changed it to this.

30 0.831

31 1.310

The other datafile I am using is my datafilemix 6 with rods 2004 batter values and rods 2005 audioai and batter ai fixes works great together

i dunno i never found it all that difficult to get strikeouts and i RARELY throw it out of the zone, i use Oliver Perez alot and i don't have all that much trouble, and yea i'll use the fastball to get k's too, usually on righthanders only though, up and inside will usually work. I'm using the Ultimate Roster 2.3 with no sliders.

I have that same issue Kumala. Im torn as to what to do. I really love the feel of the game with Roddata but am unhappy with what seems like an inability to drive the ball. :(

I am putting the finishing touches on a "final" version. I have beefed up the "power" and overall offense while maintaining the improved ball physics, short fly balls, dribblers, etc.

Agreed Rod. And let me say again to the posters who continue to post in here about how they get ks, I'm happy for you. That is not what this thread is about. For those of us like myself, Rod, and Spitoon who notice the issue, I'm working towards a solution. For those of you who seem to have no issue, great.

Well said boulet430...I'm pretty sure I have a good style of pitching that should result in strike outs...mixing pitches/locations/speeds etc...it's just that the CPU seems to make too much contact...

I don't want K's at the expense of hits per se, I'm happy with my pitching results other than they're low in the K department. I'd just rather trade some of the weak ground balls or foul pops on 2 strike pitches for K's.

It's compounded by the fact that my 'walk mod' seems to lower even further the ability to get K's. So that fine balance between BB's and K's is skewed...

Well said boulet430...I'm pretty sure I have a good style of pitching that should result in strike outs...mixing pitches/locations/speeds etc...it's just that the CPU seems to make too much contact...

I don't want K's at the expense of hits per se, I'm happy with my pitching results other than they're low in the K department. I'd just rather trade some of the weak ground balls or foul pops on 2 strike pitches for K's.

It's compounded by the fact that my 'walk mod' seems to lower even further the ability to get K's. So that fine balance between BB's and K's is skewed...

I hear you Spitoon. I have been tinkering with it quite a bit but am getting mixed results. The problem that I run into now is that the hitters swing at the fastball feebly way too often. I will continue to tinker though and see what I get. I defintley think I'm on to something as I have seen my strikeout numbers increase dramatically.

I tried editing some player's numbers giving them more than normal movement numbers...just in game, so I'm not able to change the Fastball movement...I'm not sure of the results yet as I've only played 6 games, although I don't think it's done much.

Just as an observation:

I have very little trouble getting 2 strikes on batters, but it seems as though they get a contact upgrade with 2 strikes. Now, this is not entirely unrealistic for some batters if they are concentrating on making contact with two strikes, but it seems that everyone gets this boost, and it is significant.

I tried editing some player's numbers giving them more than normal movement numbers...just in game, so I'm not able to change the Fastball movement...I'm not sure of the results yet as I've only played 6 games, although I don't think it's done much.

Just as an observation:

I have very little trouble getting 2 strikes on batters, but it seems as though they get a contact upgrade with 2 strikes. Now, this is not entirely unrealistic for some batters if they are concentrating on making contact with two strikes, but it seems that everyone gets this boost, and it is significant.

I agree. Again, I think this goes back to the fact that this game was designed from the ground up as an "arcade / console" experience. The emphasis is on lots of contact, fewer K's, and lots of HR's.

The game engine is powerful, and I think quite capable of producing a serious simulation - but not necessarily on the defualt datafile settings.

Last night I struck out 14 in 7 innings with Johan Santana. Unfortunatley I feel like the cpu had no chance. Perhaps it was the team I played I don't know. Still testing.

That's a dramatic improvement.

I know what you mean about feeling like the "cpu had no chance". I still cannot get the "feel" and "balance" for pitching I had with High Heat. Even with a tiny pitch meter and human control at -40, I can shut down the cpu team (and I use the keyboard). I don't get many K's, but I give up few runs.

I can increase batting values to make the CPU team hit better, but then my team puts up 12 runs a game.

Most I ever got was a game with Halladay and I got 17 K's.. but it's so rare for me to get high K numbers.. usually the CPU makes contact when they have 2 strikes on them and hit a weak grounder or flyout.. usually in a game I get 2-5 K's for my starter

That's what we are attempting to address Cyber. We feel your pain.

And Rod, it was even worse last night than usual. For some reason, the CPU swung at almost everything, even pitches way out of the zone. I threw a 14 inning shutout and it was ridiculous. Santana had all the ks, and the rest of the relievers got 1 between 5 of them which does lend support to my method being effective. However it seems to have had some sort of adverse effect on plate discipline.

edit: I got a 3 pitch strikeout on changeups by Santana and then followed it up with a 4 pitch strikeout. All on changeups.

I will test more today and see if other tweaks are required.

rod, what areas did you edit to make more power. If you tell me I will edit those values myself. I am using yours with my changes but I would like to incorporate your changes into the one I am using. I have my cams installed with your datafile, so I would rather edit the values instead of copy and pasting the cams again. if it is no trouble to you. thanks again for meeting the needs of us mvpers.

rod, what areas did you edit to make more power. If you tell me I will edit those values myself. I am using yours with my changes but I would like to incorporate your changes into the one I am using. I have my cams installed with your datafile, so I would rather edit the values instead of copy and pasting the cams again. if it is no trouble to you. thanks again for meeting the needs of us mvpers.

Go to this section: 0x2ebaa4d1 45<batterai>

I found this section influences the hitting in the game more dramatically than any of the other sections. This section controls "quality of contact".

These are the key modifiers: item # 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 30, and 31. Increase the value of any or all of these to increase quality of bat contact. Example: increase an existing value of "0.850" to say, "0.950".

By increasing these, you can globally increase the quality of contact for each batter - that leads to more harder hit balls (more power).

Also, set item #13 to "0.000" if it already is not.

Rod, in my mod I kept 15-24 the same and I changed 31 to 1.310.

in the batter section I increased #19 to .25, #20 to .15 and #21 to .05. I then increased inside power to 1.20, hot spot to 1.4 and outside power to 1.00. And I also lowered rpm to .700000 and 1.50000. seems to make a great difference without changing the things you created in the first datafile.

but anyway send the updated version and I will install the cams and send it back to you. thanks

Archived