His Airness Cometh...A Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty.

DJEagles

Jays get Yadier Molina in trade with Cardinals

yadierjays9bu.jpg

Catcher Yadier Molina trying on his Jays cap

tsn.ca

General Manager J.P. Riccardi pulled off a trade after the Rangers game today, trading CP Jason Frasor to the Cardinals for C Yadier Molina.

"No offense to Zaun and Phillips, but I felt we weren't getting the production that we need out of our catching position. Yadier is a fine young prospect, who will help this team for many years! Jays fans should be excited to have him on the team!" Riccardi announced that Molina would be in the Jays lineup for the next game against the Rangers on April 15,2005.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jays OF/DH Barry Bonds making himself at home in Toronto

barryto2qy.jpg

Barry Bonds

Associated Press

Toronto Blue Jays designated hitter, Barry Bonds was recently quoted as saying he wants to finish his career in Toronto,"I love it here! The town is great, the atmosphere is great, and because of my ability, the games are sold out at The Rogers Center again!", Bonds went on,"The Blue Jays are going to be the class of the league this year...wait and see! Yankees who, Red Sox who?! Barry is gonna be Barry, and you can expect to see some highlights this year!"

The town and city has been reinvigorated by the arrival of Bonds. The Jays have not had a player of his calibre since Roger Clemens in 1997-98, although Roy Halladay is quickly becoming a top player in the league. General Manager J.P.Riccardi has stated that they would love to have Barry retire a Jay, and is something they are commited to working on.

Hopefully the success will continue with Bonds, and he won't sour on Toronto, because this could be one great ride for the city!

Eagles homer in the 11th beat Rangers 9-6

homerdave159fp.jpg

Jays SS David Eagles slams a three run homer to win game

Texas Star

The Texas Rangers let a game slip away last night, when they took a three run lead into the ninth, but couldn't hold onto it.

Closer Fransisco Cordero gave up a three run homer to Jays #B Corey Koskie to tie it 6-6, then SS David Eagles won it for them with a three run homer in the eleventh.

Rangers starter Ryan Drese pitched seven effective innings to get the no decision, while Roger Clemens pitched 10 innings for the win.

Jays Winning Pitcher: SP Roger Clemens(W-2 L-0, 10IP, 13H, 6ER, 5K, 4HR, 5.68ERA)

Rangers Losing Pitcher: CP Fransisco Cordero(W-0 L-2, 3H, 5ER,3BB, 1K, 1HR, 3.72ERA)

Player Of The Game:Jays SS David Eagles(1-3, 2R, 1HR, 3RBI)

Quote Of The Game:"The was the most thrilling hit of my young craeer....WOW! I don't know what else to say...WOW...." -David Eagles on his three run homer to win it for the Jays.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived