His Airness Cometh...A Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty.

DJEagles

Riccardi holds press conference, backs up decision to sign Rocker

The Associated Press

J.P. Riccardi, who has made some shrewd moves this offseason, has been taking alot of flack recently for signing for major leaguer John Rocker to a minor league contract. Rocker who is now toiling in A ball, for the Dunedin BlueJays, recently had a Sports Illustrated interview with Tom Verducci. In it he admits to his past wrongdoings, and expresses some remorse for his actions.

"I think John really has made an effort to change, and I think after time people will see that." Riccardi went on to explain his actions further,"Rocker deserves another chance, he was young and stupid, I think he has matured as a human being!"

Time will tell if Rocker has changed, and for the good of baseball, and for his own sake, let's hope he has.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season begins, Jays have losing week!

Jays Record (week ending April.9, 2005) 2-3, 3rd place.

Team Batting Average: .268

Team ERA: 13.98

A.L. Player of the week: Erubeal Durazo, Oak. .474, 3HR, 5rbi.

N.L. Player of the week: Adam Dunn, Cin. .444, 3HR, 6rbi, 1SB.

Jays player of the week: Barry Bonds, .400, 3HR, 7rbi, 5r, 1 triple.

Quote of the week:

"I'm not sure what's wrong right now! I feel great, but the hitter's are lighting me up like I'm throwing a beach ball! I have got to right this ship before it gets out of control." - Roy Halladay on his unsightly 15.32 ERA in two starts.

Clemens rocky, Hillenbrand hits out three in win!

Blue Jays:9 Red Sox: 6

WP: Roger Clemens(1-0) LP: David Wells(0-2)

Player of the game: Shea Hillenbrand (3-4, 3HR, 4 rbi.)

Clemens: 9IP, 10H, ER 6, 5K, 3HR, 6.00ERA.

SP Roger Clemens overcame a shaky first and second inning today, and rebounded nicely to beat his former team the Red Sox. DH Shea Hillenbrand slammed out three home runs in the victory, and OF Micheal Jordan, and SS David Eagles both had two stolen bases in the win.

Quote of the game:

"I pitched pretty bad today! Lucky to have gotten the win. People don't think I can hear the whispers behind my back about my age...don't count me out yet, I want to prove to these fans, and this city that I can take them to a world series!" - Roger Clemens on his pitching performance against the Red Sox.

White Sox trade disgruntled Thomas to Orioles for Palmerio

Associated Press

The White Sox announced today that they have traded longtime Sox player and superstar Frank Thomas to the Orioles for 1B/DH Rafael Palmerio. Thomas who has been vocal about his diminished role with the team, requested a trade in spring training.

The Orioles, in need of some pop in their lineup traded Palmerio, who has struggled at the plate so far in this early season.

Rocker wins in extended spring training game

mlb.com

Former major leaguer, John Rocker won today in a spring training game against a team of Jays minor leaguers. Rocker struck out 6, while allowing 3 hits, and one earned run, a homer by 3B John Hattig.

Rocker, who is trying to make it back to the majors after a three year layoff, will begin his season with the Jays single A affiliate the Dunedin Blue Jays.

I haven't been able to play much MVP this past week, as work commitments, and buying my first house with my wife, has taken over my life. Hopefully, I will be able to update this more today and tomorrow.

Jays trade Hinske to White Sox for Podesnik[

April.11,2005

mlb.com

Jays General Manager J.P. Riccardi annouced today that he has sent 1B/DH Eric Hinske to the Chicago White Sox for OF Scott Podesnik. "We had a very crowded infield, and we needed to also increase our speed on the basepaths, and Scott was a great fit for us!", Riccardi explained," I love Eric's work ethic, and I think he will have a great future in Chicago. This trade now gives us what we need, and we are able to move Barry Bonds to the DH position."

Jays when huge in first game with Podesnik

Oakland

The Jays won today in an offensive showing, beating the A's by a score of 9-3. Newly acquired OF Scott Podesnik was the player of the game, going 2-4, with a run scored, and two triples.

WP-Gustavo Chacin (1-1), 8ip, 6H, 3ER, 4K, and a 5.63ERA.

LP-K.Saarloos(0-1), 10.61ERA.

Jays Player Of The Game: OF Scott Podesnik, 2-4, 1R, 2 3B.

Quote Of The Game:"I felt good today! I like the makeup of this team! I hope to be with Toronto for a long time...it's going to be an exciting season!" Scott Podesnik on today's game, and trade to Toronto.

If anyone can explain to me the code to post pics, that would be a huge help! I assume I have to host them on image shack?

I got 3 white sox that I traded for in my Jays dynasty now.. Podsednik, Konerko and Rowand and I'm trying to get Garland off their hands.. he's been decent but nothing special for them in the dynasty going 5-5 though 14 starts.. I may acquire him and tweak his attributes to match real life

Well I went with what the Jays lacked and acquired them.. the needed speed at the top of the line-up.. hence Podsednik.. amore power (Konerko.. then recently Rowand).. I got Ben Sheets to improve the starters.. I could use another one which is where Garland is gonna come in.. Batista has been solid as a closer so I'll stick with him

Jays Player Profile: SS David Eagles

me0vh.png

www.TBlueJays.ca

The Toronto BlueJays surprised everyone this offseason whhen they signed 29 year old Canadian, David Eagles to a one year contract. Eagles who has never played higher then senior ball, attended a scouting clinic in his hometown of Saint John, back in the fall of 2004. Playing last season in the Southern New Brunswick Senior Baseball League, for the Saint John Alpines, Eagles was a stand out at shortstop hitting .429, with 12 home runs, and 27 RBI in 25 games.

TBJays: So David, congratulations! How has it changed your lifing playing in the majors?

Eagles: Well it is the most amazing feeling in the world. This is the big leagues, kids dream of this their whole life! Before this, I was a chef in a small bistro playing senior ball. Attending the clinic last fall...I did that on a bet, never once thinking it would lead anywhere!

TBJays: Well obviously the scouts saw something amazing in you, and with your play in spring training, here you are.

Eagles: Yup, every morning I pinch myself...if this is a dream, I don't want to ever wake up.

TBJays: With the season only being a little over a week old, what has been the highlight so far?

Eagles: I'm sure most people are gonna think I am going to say that the homer I hit at Tropicana Field, and don't get me wrong it was amazing, but I think it had to be the first time I put on this uniform...I brought ack memories of 1992-1993....Carter's series winning homerun, Timlin flipping the ball to Carter for the win in 1992...it's history, and now I am a part of it!

TBJays: I am sure the fans are happy to have you in that uniform, it suits you! We look forward to having you make some history of your own this season. Good Luck David, and have a great season!

Eagles: Thanks.

Jays beat Athletics 9-6

phillips5uw.jpg

Jays C Jason Phillips hits a two run homer.

tsn.ca

The Toronto Blue Jays defeated the Oakland Athletics 9-6 today, on the strength of a two run homer by catcher Jason Phillips. Jays SP Rich Harden was tagged for 6 runs by his former team, giving up four homers in the win.

Player Of The Game:Corey Koskie, 4-4, 1run, 1rbi.

Quote Of The Game:"I haven't had much of a chance to play much so far this season, so it was great to be able to contribute in the win! We have a great group of guys here, so I suspect we are going to make some noise in the east!" -C Jason Phillips on his two run homer.

Jordan's two homers propels Jays past Athletics

jordan1ej.jpg

Jordan hits second homerun of the game.

Associate Press, April.13, 2005.

Toronto 8, Oakland 6

SP-Jeff Francis (W-1 L-0, 7.2IP,9H, 1K, 4ER, 6.0IP, 6.00 ERA)

LP-Joe Blanton (W-0 L-1, 6.2IP, 9H, 6K, 6ER, 6.17ERA)

SV-Vinnie Chulk (SV-1, 1.2IP, 1H, 1K, 0.00ERA)

Player Of The Game: RF-Michael Jordan (3-4, 2HR, 2R, 3RBI, 4SB)

Quote Of The Game:"I feel like a veteran playing this game! For whatever reason I am feeling great out there! Hopefully as the season goes on it'll only get better...basketball is in my past, baseball is my future!" - Michael Jordan on his hot start after being out of competitive baseball for over twelve years.

After the game the Jays traded AAA minor league 2B Jrank Menechino to the Rangers for AAA RP Jeff Zimmerman.

Jays AA Starting Pitcher John Rocker suspended for three days after altercation with fan

Associated Press

New Hampshire Starting Pitcher John Rocker was suspended for three days after flipping the middle finger to fans after a game against the New York Yankees AA farm team, Trenton today. The fans were on Rocker's back the whole game, which resulted in Rocker flipping the fans.

Rocker whi is attempting to make a comeback to the major league is sporting a 3.80ERA, and a 1-1 win/loss record after two games.

Toronto Blue Jays announce they will play three "home" series in Montreal

tsn.ca

Team President Michael Jordan announced today that the Blue Jays will be playing three home series in Montreal beginning April.22-24 against the Baltimore Orioles. "It's ashame what happened to baseball in Montreal. Montreal is a beautiful city, and the Blue Jays look forward to bringing a little baseball back to the die hard fans." Jordan went on, "I understand we aren't the Expos, the Expos can never be replaced, but I hope that the fans will embrace us, and for those three series make us their own!"

The three series are as follows:

April.22-24 vs. Baltimore

July.14-17 vs. Tampa Bay

August.26-28 vs. Cleveland

All games will be played at Olympic Stadium.

Park fires two hitter in win over Jays

rangersball0vh.jpg

The Texas Rangers celebrate an outstanding pitching performance by Chan Ho Park

Arlington, Texas

April 14, 2005

The Toronto Blue Jays were shut out today, by an impressive pitching performance by Rangers starting pitcher Chan Ho Park. The Jays mustered just two hits off of Park, while the Rangers smashed out nine hits and 2 home runs off of Jays starting pitcher Roy Halladay. Rangers 1B Mark Texieria smashed a homerun, and 3RBI in the victory.

Winning Pitcher: SP Chan Ho Park (1-0, 9IP,2H,0ER,9K,0.00ERA)

Losing Pitcher: SPRoy Halladay(1-2, 7IP, 9H,4ER,5K,2HR,11.64ERA)

Player OF The Game:SP Chan Ho Park

Quote Of The Game:"That was a hard game to lose. Doc really didn't pitch that badly at all...it's just that Park was dominating! I am not concerned at all about this team, we will learn from this game, and move on!"-Jays Manager John Gibbons

Archived