His Airness Cometh...A Toronto Blue Jays Dynasty.

DJEagles

February 19, 2005:

NBA Legend Micheal Jordan purchases a 7% interest in the Toronto Blue Jays

Associated Press Newswire

Rogers Cable announced today that Micheal Jordan, former Chicago Bull and Washington Wizard, has ponied up an undisclosed amount of money to buy a minority interest in the MLB's Toronto BlueJays. "I am doing this to honor my late father who was a huge baseball fan." Jordan stated,"After his death I came to a crossroads in my life...a path at the time, I was not ready to take."

Jordan has expressed an interest in working out with the team during spring training, and Jays General Manager J.P. Riccardi has said that he is willing to allow that to happen.

"This is huge news for the city of Toronto...huge news. The fact that a huge american Icon like Mr.Jordan is willing to invest his own money into a canadian sports team is amazing in itself...I look forward to what the future holds for this team, this city, and Mr.Jordan himself." Riccardi went on to state that Rogers Cable will be giving the team a payroll increase of $20-30 million U.S., to be split between 2005-2006 season.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jays sign a trio of minor league Free Agents

Reported on www.TorontoB-Jays.com:

The Jays announced the signing of a Free Agents, who all have signed minor league contracts:

2b Homer Bush signs a AAA contract, and receives an invitation to spring training.

SP Luke Prokopec signs a AA contrcat.

OF Marty Cordova signs a AAA contract with an invitation to spring training.

Bonds wants out of San Fransisco

Associated Press Newswire

Barry Bonds, superstar outfielder of the San Fransisco Giants expressed an interest in leaving the Giants for a smaller market team. "It's about me and my family, nothing more, nothing less. San Fransisco has been great to me...the fans have been great to me, but Barry has to do what Barry has to do." Bonds continued, "Baseball is the greatest sport in the world, and I am it's biggest star...but I need my privacy, and I feel I can get that privacy in a smaller market team."

Speaking on the condition of amonimity, a Giants spokeman, stated that the Giants will try to move Bonds at his request. Bonds has submitted a list of 5 teams he would like to be traded to. The list is the following, Toronto, Washington, Pittsburgh, St.Louis, and Florida.

Fans of the Giants are questioning Bonds' sanity.

BlueJays And Giants swing Mega-Deal! Bonds coming to Toronto!

The Toronto Star

General Manager J.P.Riccardi announced a huge deal for the Toronto BlueJays today! The Jays swapped OF Gabe Gross, and SP Miguel Batista to the Giants for LF Barry Bonds. Flanked by owner and new team president Micheal Jordan, Riccardi could not hide his glee in landing arguably the games greatest player.

"The city of Toronto should be excited to have Barry coming to the Jays...we now have the greatest living player in the game today patrolling our left field!" Riccardi was asked about Bonds' surly demeanor, when Jordan interrupted,"Barry is a personal friend of mine, he is a class act who is often misunderstood by the media. I believe Barry will fit into this team, and help us make the playoffs. The Yankees and Red Sox should take notice, the Jays are coming!"

Riccardi went on to state that the team is not done dealing, and a few more trades should be expected before opening day.

BlueJays And Giants swing Mega-Deal! Bonds coming to Toronto!

The Toronto Star

General Manager J.P.Riccardi announced a huge deal for the Toronto BlueJays today! The Jays swapped OF Gabe Gross, and SP Miguel Batista to the Giants for LF Barry Bonds. Flanked by owner and new team president Micheal Jordan, Riccardi could not hide his glee in landing arguably the games greatest player.

"The city of Toronto should be excited to have Barry coming to the Jays...we now have the greatest living player in the game today patrolling our left field!" Riccardi was asked about Bonds' surly demeanor, when Jordan interrupted,"Barry is a personal friend of mine, he is a class act who is often misunderstood by the media. I believe Barry will fit into this team, and help us make the playoffs. The Yankees and Red Sox should take notice, the Jays are coming!"

Riccardi went on to state that the team is not done dealing, and a few more trades should be expected before opening day.

I think Bonds will like Toronto beacuse of the cheap "meds". lol :lol:

Two deals look to make Toronto a better team.

Toronto Star

March.16,2005:

J.P. Riccardi announced that two deals have been made today. The first invooved sending OF Reed Johnson to the Dodgers for SP Darren Dreifort and C Jason Phillips. "This gives us another option for a fifth starter, and a great battery mate for catcher Gregg Zaun." Riccardi then said that the team has traded popular OF Frank Catalanatto to the Rangers for IF/OF David Dellucci.

"Our outfield is pretty much set for now, as we have Wells in center, Bonds in left, and Rios in right...although the way Jordan is playing in spring training, he may sign himself to a contract!"Riccardi said," We wish Frank all the best back in Texas, he is a quality player, a class act, that being said, we look forward to Dellucci coming to Toronto, and being a productive player off the bench."

The Jays sign a slew of Free Agents to minor league contracts

mlb.com

The Jays signed a slew of free agents today, all being signed to minor league contracts.

RP Al Levine to a AAA contract.

SS Rey Ornondez to a AAA contract.

3B Eric Munson to a AAA contract.

1B/DH Brad Fullmer to a AAA contract.

SP Steve Avery to a AA Contract.

RP John Rocker to a A contract.

There has been an uproar by Toronto fans pertaining to the signing of John Rocker to a minor league contract. Riccardi declined to comment on the situation, although he will comment further during a season opening news conference on April.1,2005.

My God, you really want TWO racists in your system? And not to mention Rocker is a homophobe along with being a racist.

OK I know your referring to Rocker, but who is the other racist???? Before everyone goes off on me, I don't condone racism, I am just playing out a dynasty...using a storyline to make things more interesting. There will be NO racism in my dynasty....I REPEAT...NO racism in my dynasty...thanks. :)

Questions with...Dunedin Blue Jay SP John Rocker

by Tom Verducci

Sports Illustrated

I was skeptical at first about meeting arguably the most despised and infamous man in baseball, next to Jose Canseco. I met John Rocker on the field in Dunedin after a intrasquad game. Rocker who is trying to convert to a starting pitcher, pitched 5 innings of 4 hit ball, walking 2, and striking out 5. He was tagged for a 1 run homer by Barry Bonds, but settled doiwn to pitch pretty effectively.

Has Rocker changed much since his nasty days of 1999-2000? Then he was a loud mouthed, brash young man, who had the world at his finger tips...but he couldn't keep his mouth shut, and then a few years later was out of the majors altogether. The man before me now, seems older, wiser, and perhaps remoresful for his past.

Verducci: Thanks for taking the time to talk to me John. How are things?

Rocker: Well Tom, to be honest, things are right for the first time in my life. I am at peace with myself, and I have found God.

TV: Really?! That will take alot of readers by surprise, espicially our New York ones. But why should the believe you?

JR: You know what? They don't have to believe me. I made peace with the New York fans along time ago. They aren't going to forgive me, abd that's fine. What I said in your magazine then, should never have been said, but it was, and that is something I have had to live with for the rest of my life.

TV: Exactly. So since you have found God, what are your plans now? You obviously want back to the majors, but do you think the fans want you back?

JR: It's not about the fans for me. Yes, I am hoping that one day I will have the fans respect. Yes, One day I hope to be back in the majors, and yes, I would like a long productive career. For now though, I need peace of mind, and that is what I am working on. Peace for me, is the baseball field. Being out there on the mound...a beautiful summer night, the warm breeze crossing the field, that is peace to me...that is my heaven. That is why John Rocker is back.

TV: Skeptical is the word that comes to mind for me. I am sure people want to believe you have changed, and it has been roughly 5.5 years since your comments, tell me what you have done to turn your life around?

JR: Well Tom, I took anger management course, gave up hunting, became a vegetarian, and starting watching the Smurfs. I tell you, those little blue buggers have got to be the most relaxing thing to watch on televison. By watching the Smurfs, I have realized that colour doesn't matter, it's your soul that matters!

TV:Okaaaayy....Well it was nice to talk to you John. Good luck on your quest to return to th Majors. I look forward to the season to see what happens.

JR: Thanks Tom, and just to let you know, I bear no ill will towards Sports Illustrated for the article that was written. I take full responsibilty for my actions, and hope to change the fans opinion of me.

With that Rocker walks away. I for one, wonder what is going through the man's head, and I guess only time will tell. At the very least, it will be an interesting time, watching him attempting a comeback, both professionally, and personally.

this is ridiculous.. the jays could never afford Bonds nor would they even want him with his age and injury problems

Your entitled to your opinion. It's a video game, and i am having fun with it...I apologize if it's not to your liking :D

Jays make three more on eve of season opener!

The Toronto Star

J.P. Riccardi pulled off three more trades just as the season is about to begin. Riccardi sent RP Brandon League, SS Jason MacDonald, and a player to be named later to the A's for SP Rich Harden.

In the second deal of the day, they sent SP Josh Towers, and OF Alexis Rios to the Rockies for SP Jeff Francis.

Finally, the third deal of the day sent fan favorite SP ted Lilly, along with minor league OF Anthony Sanders to the Astros for SP Roger Clemens.

Riccardi said of the three trades," I am impressed with the young guns we got in Rich Harden and Jeff Francis. The fans are going to love these two. Words cannot describe the excitement in getting Roger Clemens! This is an exciting time in Toronto, and Clemens is a going to be a big part of it!"

Clemens when reached for comment, had this to say,"I loved my first go around in T.O., that's why I agreed to be dealt back there. With Bonds in the outfield, and players like Wells, Hinske, and Halladay, we are ready to make our move!"

Riccardi would not confirm nor deny the rumor that OF Micheal Jordan has made the team as a reserve outfielder. His play in spring training indicates that he may have earned a spot. His .265, 3HR, and 9 rbi, would be good for most teams in the majors. We will have to see over the next 72 hours!

I know that this dynasty is really farfetched, but I am doing it for my own personal amusement. If anyone has any feedback, I'll enjoy reading your comments. Thanks.

Manager John Gibbons announces starting lineup, and rotation for upcoming season.

www.torontob-Jay.com

Manager John Gibbons announced his opening day lineup, and pitching rotation today:

2B Orlando Hudson

RF Micheal Jordan

CF Vernon Wells

LF Barry Bonds

1B Eric Hinske

DH Shea Hillenbrand

3B Corey Koskie

SS David Eagles Jr.

C Gregg Zaun

Bench Notables:

SS Russ Adams

C Jason Phillips

Starting Pitching

SP(Opening Day) Roy Halladay

SP Roger Clemens

SP Gustavo Chacin

SP Rich Harden

SP Jeff Francis

Bullpen Notables:

RP Luke Prokopec

RP/SP Darren Driefort

RP/SP David Bush

CP Jason Frasor

"I am pleased by the team we are fielding this year! It's an exciting team mixed with young guys, and some veterans!", Gibbons went on to name Vernon Wells team captain, taking over for the departed Carlos Delgado.

Also announced today a press conference being held by General Manager J.P. Riccardi, and Team President Micheal Jordan, to be held at 7:00 pm EST.

For the record, and I don't mean to seem persnickety, but Michael, is spelled with a "ae" instead of an "ea", and his name is John McDonald, not Jason.

Other than that, this is interesting, I wonder what moves are next. :lol: :D

For the record, and I don't mean to seem persnickety, but Michael, is spelled with a "ae" instead of an "ea", and his name is John McDonald, not Jason.

Other than that, this is interesting, I wonder what moves are next. :lol::D

My bad, I didn't realize I put Jason MacDonald....I realize it is John, as for Michael...whoops!

I just used Cocobees(?) Cyber-Face from the downloads section for Jordan.

Archived