Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

Alright, I'm going to revive this dynasty. I've gotten back in the mood for baseball since the season has started and I played my first game since my hiatus today. I will post the results tonight and will continue to play until the season is over for the Dodgers!!!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dodgerbanner5zv.png

Crawford Doesn't Disappoint

carlheeseop9nf.png

(Above: Crawford connects for a lead-off homer, Right: Choi makes a circus catch to end the Mets threat in the fifth.)

icon_la.gif Well, the Los Angeles Dodgers kept their winning streak alive, extending it to seven games. Today's game was an offensive battle between both teams, with each team having 12 hits.

Carl Crawford didn't waste any time in giving the Dodgers an early lead in this game. On the second pitch that he saw from Tom Glavine, he took it over the right field fence for a solo homer to put L.A. up 1-0. But, this lead would be short lived. Mike Cameron hit a triple in the top of the second inning and would soon score on a single to left off the bat of Cliff Floyd to tie the game up 1-1.

Neither team would score until the sixth inning when Los Angeles would put two runs on the board. Pete Orr and Jason Phillips would each drive in a single run in this inning that would give the Dodgers a two run lead, 3-1. But, as their last lead, it wouldn't last long. In the top of the seventh, Jose Reyes would drive in two on a single that would bring in Brian Nitkowski and Miguel Cairo to tie the game once again, 3-3.

But, Crawford would be leading off the bottom of the seventh, which meant bad news if you're a Mets fan. He would hit his second homer on the day which doubled his total on the year, this put Los Angeles up 4-3. Jayson Werth would also join in on the fun, driving in Cesar Izturis to give the Dodgers a little insurance, 5-3. New York was uncapable to recover from this defecit, and the Dodgers would win.

Dodgers: 73-44

Mets: 66-51

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 3-4, 2 RBI, 2 Runs, 2 HR(4), 2 SB(79)

J. Werth: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B(15)

P. Orr: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 2 SB(28 )

J. Reyes: 4-5, 2 RBI

M. Cameron: 2-4, 1 Run, 1 3B(4), 1 SB(12)

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 6 IP, 3 ER, 9 H, 4 Ks, 1.38 ERA

B. Reames: 2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 K, 1.80 ERA, Win

E. Gagne: 1 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 K, 1.68 ERA, Save

T. Glavine: 6 IP, 3 ER, 9 H, 3 Ks, 1 HR, 2.96 ERA

M. DeJean: 2 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, 3.25 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

NYM 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0  3 12 0

LAD 1 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 0  5 12 1 

W: B. Reames (6-2)  L: M. DeJean (5-1)  SV: E. Gagne (40)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: *Off Day*

dodgerbanner5zv.png

Today's Match-Up: Jeff Weaver (13-4) vs. John Thomson (11-7)

Dodgers Continue to Roll

cesarfurcal6tj.png

(Above: Izturis stretches a single into a double while driving in a run, Right: Weaver makes Furcal look silly on a curveball.)

icon_la.gif Tonight's game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves proved to be a hit-fest with few runs. A combined 19 hits between the two ballclubs only amounted to 4 total runs.

The Dodgers were the first to break the ice in the top half of the third inning. They would score one lone run on a Cesar Izturis double that drove in Carl Crawford who had stolen second and third while Izturis was at the plate. Los Angeles would score again in the their half of the fifth, this time they'd score twice. But, it only took one hit to drive in those two. Jeff Kent hit a double in the right-center gap that brought home Jeff Weaver and J. D. Drew to increase the Dodger's lead to 3-0.

Atlanta would try and try to get back in the game, but they could only manage one run in the bottom of the seventh. The lone run was driven in by Tom Goodwin, who hit a double to bring Raul Mondesi around to score. This would be all they would muster out in tonight's game, as the Dodgers continued their winning streak and beat the Braves 3-1.

Dodgers: 74-44

Braves: 61-58

Hitting Notables:

J. Kent: 2-4, 2 RBI, 1 2B(11)

J. Drew: 2-4, 1 Run, 1 2B(17)

H. Choi: 3-4

T. Goodwin: 2-3, 1 RBI, 1 2B(23)

R. Mondesi: 2-4, 1 Run, 1 2B(15)

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 8 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 6 Ks, 1.22 ERA, Win

E. Gagne: 1 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 2 Ks, 1.64 ERA, Save

J. Thomson: 7 IP, 3 ER, 11 H, 2 Ks, 3.65 ERA, Loss

J. Powell: 2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 2 Ks, 4.40 ERA

Box Score:

LAD 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0  3 11 0 

ATL 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  1 7  0 

W: J. Weaver (14-4)  L: J. Thomson (11-8)  SV: E. Gagne (41)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Jarrod Washburn (6-9) vs. Tim Hudson (8-4)

League Injuries:

O. Hernandez (CWS) - Will be out for 17 days with a strained right forearm.

dodgerbanner5zv.png

Kent & Werth Carry Dodgers

jeffjayson4oa.png

(Above: Kent does his best Superman impression to rob a hit, Right: Werth connects for his 31st homer on the year.)

icon_la.gif In the second game of the three-game series against the Braves, the Dodgers won handily. It seems as if they have become a regular force in the National League as they've won nine straight games, giving them the best record in the NL.

Things were looking pretty dismal for the Dodgers in the top of the first, when Tim Hudson struck out the first two batters for the Dodgers. But, all great parties start after two, as Los Angeles put four runs on the board with two outs. Jayson Werth was the backbone behind the four run inning, as he hit a double with the bases load that brought all three runners in to score. Andy Marte would then drive in Werth with a single to left. Los Angeles would also put a run on the board in the second inning to give them a commanding 5-0 lead after two innings.

Atlanta would bring a run across the plate in the fourth on a solo homer off the bat of Chipper Jones, his 19th on the year. But, that run would be quickly erased in the top of the fifth, when Jeff Kent hit a solo homer to put the Dodgers up 6-1. Los Angeles would add two more run in the sixth when Jayson Werth hit a two-run homer, his 31st on the year. This would increase the lead to 8-1 after five and a half innings.

The Braves would bring another run across in their half of the sixth on an Andruw Jones RBI-single that would bring Rafael Furcal home. In the eighth, Atlanta would bring another run home off the bat of Marcus Giles. He would connect for his 11th homer on the year to decrease the Dodgers' lead to 8-3.

But, the Dodgers would respond in the ninth with two more runs that would put the game away for Los Angeles. Atlanta will try and salvage the series in tomorrow's game so they wont get swept.

Dodgers: 75-44

Braves: 61-59

Hitting Notables:

J. Kent: 5-5, 2 RBI, 3 Runs, 1 HR(14)

J. Werth: 4-5, 5 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 2B(16), 1 HR(31)

J. Drew: 3-5, 1 RBI, 1 Run,

R. Furcal: 2-4, 1 Run, 2 3B(5)

M. Giles: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(11)

C. Jones: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(19)

Pitching Notables:

J. Washburn: 9 IP, 3 ER, 9 H, 4 Ks, 2 HR, 3.27 ERA, Win

T. Hudson: 5 IP, 6 ER, 11 H, 1 BB, 7 Ks, 1 HR, 3.89 ERA, Loss

S. Greisinger: 3 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 2.25 ERA

M. Wilson: 1 IP, 2 ER, 2 H, 1 K, 1 HR, 4.15 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R  H  E

LAD 4 1 0 0 1 2 0 0 2  10 17 0 

ATL 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0  3  9  0 

W: J. Washburn (7-9)  L: T. Hudson (8-5)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Scott Erickson (12-4) vs. Jorge Sosa (5-7)

Nice! I'll be following again. We gotta get the ATL Braves thread back up and running too...

Good to have you back on board man. Yes, I can't wait until we get it back up and running...

Spivey you are one patient man to be able to play nearly an entire season.

I guess, this will be the first time I've ever completed a season in a baseball game. But, I hope that I don't lose interest in it again.

dodgerbanner5zv.png

Sweep = Good Times

carljeff9fg.png

(Above: Crawford leads off the game with a triple, Right: Kent hits his 15th homer on the year in the fifth.)

icon_la.gif In the last game against the Atlanta Braves on the year, the Dodgers brought out their brooms and swept them on their home field. As of right now, the Los Angeles Dodgers have to be the hottest team in the Majors, having won ten games in a row.

Los Angeles didn't take long to put a run on the board, scoring one in the first inning. Carl Crawford lead off the game with a triple in the left center gap and would come around to score on a Cesar Izturis single to right.

Atlanta wasn't too fond of the idea of being down early, so they would post three runs on the board in their half of the first inning. Scott Erickson would mow down the first two batters of the inning, but Andruw Jones would hit a triple, Chipper Jones drove him in on a single, and Raul Mondesi hit his 12th homer on the year that would give the Braves a 3-1 lead after the first inning.

The game would be scoreless until the fourth inning when the Dodgers would put one more run on the board. Izturis would get his second RBI on the day, bringing Andy Marte in to score and cut the Braves' lead down to one after four. The Dodgers would then take in the lead in the fifth on two solo home-runs. These homers were hit by Jeff Kent and Andy Marte, giving Los Angeles the lead, 4-3.

The Dodgers would add one more insurance run in the seventh on yet another RBI off the bat of Izturis, his third on the day. This would give L. A. a 5-3 lead that they would never lose, sweeping the Braves in this three game series.

Dodgers: 76-44

Braves: 61-60

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 2-4, 2 Runs, 1 3B(19), 1 SB(85)

C. Izturis: 2-4, 3 RBI

A. Marte: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR(6)

J. Kent: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(15)

A. Jones: 2-4, 1 Run, 1 3B(4), 1 SB(5)

C. Jones: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run

R. Mondesi: 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(12)

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 6 IP, 3 ER, 5 H, 4 Ks, 1 HR, 2.65 ERA, Win

G. White: 2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 3.38 ERA

E. Gagne: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 3 Ks, 1.61 ERA, Save

J. Sosa: 6 IP, 5 ER, 7 H, 3 Ks, 2 HR, 4.47 ERA, Loss

K. Gryboski: 2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 K, 1.47 ERA

J. Powell: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 4.34 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD 1 0 0 1 2 0 1 0 0  5 7 0 

ATL 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  3 6 1 

W: S. Erickson (13-4)  L: J. Sosa (5-8)  SV: E. Gagne (42)

Next Series: @ Florida Marlins (62-58 )

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Derek Lowe (15-4) vs. A. J. Burnett (7-9)

League Injuries:

M. Giles (ATL) - Will be out for a week with a fractured nose.

Spivey, looking good, bro.......Im gonna play my full season, so your not the only one. Im kinda on a bad roll, but I have won 2 straight.

Thanks for following. Yeah, I know how it is to run into some bad streches, I think at one point in the year I lost 10 straight games...

Do any of u guys know how to put pictures on here from an XBOX, ive been kind of wondering.

Do you have a digital camera? If so, just take pictures from the game, delete the ones you don't want, and load the ones that you want to have on to your computer.

Nice Dynasty Spivey. I'll be following.

Thanks for the support. It's good to have you on board.

dodgerbanner5zv.png

Back to Earth

carlcarlos5tg.png

(Above: Crawford was the only bright spot for the Dodgers, Right: Delgado rounds second after homer in 1st.)

icon_la.gif It was inevitable that the Dodgers would lose sooner or later, and it happened tonight. Derek Lowe never seemed to have full control of all his pitches tonight, giving up seven earned runs in seven innings. A. J. Burnett, on the other hand, seemed to be on top of his game - striking out five and only giving up two runs in seven innings.

The Dodgers started off relatively strong, scoring a run in the first inning on a RBI single off the bat off J. D. Drew, driving in Carl Crawford. But, the Marlins would quickly answer with a run in their half of the first. Their's was a little more flashy though, with a monster home run off the bat of Carlos Delgado, his 16th on the year.

Florida would add another two runs in the third inning, this time Luis Castillo would be the one to drive in the runs, bringing across Burnett and Juan Pierre to put the Marlins up 3-1 after three. Yet another run would come across in Florida's favor in the fifth. Again, Luis Castillo would be the one to bring across the run, driving in Burnett for the second time.

Los Angeles would bring across a lone run in the sixth, this time it would be Cesar Izturis driving in Crawford to cut the lead in half, 4-2. But, in the seventh inning, the Marlins would put the game away. Delgado, Miguel Cabrera, and Mike Lowell would all drive in one run each to give the Marlins insurance, 7-2.

Dodgers: 76-45

Marlins: (63-58 )

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 3-4, 2 Runs, 4 SB(89)

C. Izturis: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 2B(14), 1 SB(18 )

J. Pierre: 2-3, 2 Runs, 1 2B(27), SF

L. Castillo: 2-4, 3 RBI, 1 2B(23)

C. Delgado: 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 3B(1), 1 HR(16)

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 7 IP, 7 ER, 12 H, 1 HR, 1.99 ERA, Loss

B. Reames: 1 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 K, 1.77 ERA

A. Burnett: 7 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 5 Ks, 4.47 ERA, Win

J. Mecir: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 2 Ks, 1.96 ERA

J. Riedling: 1 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 4.61 ERA

Box Score:

LAD 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0  2 7  0 

ATL 1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 0  7 13 0 

W: A. Burnett (8-9)  L: D. Lowe (15-5)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Odalis Perez (13-2) vs. Al Leiter (13-7)

Nice report, pity your winning streak come to a end but you will be back on top in no time 8)

i love it. Keep it up Spivey.

Yep, I knew that it was going to happen and I figured that the Marlins were going to do it to me, I have real trouble playing them in the game.

Thanks for the support guys!

dodgerbanner5zv.png

Ferocious Fish

izturisdelgado7ph.png

(Above: Izturis connects for his first homer on the year, Right: Delgado continues to mash against the Dodgers.)

icon_la.gif Well, the Florida Marlins continue to pwn the Los Angeles Dodgers with their 5-1 win today. They have faced each other five times this year and Florida has command of the series 4-1.

As usual, things started out pretty well for the Dodgers. Cesar Izturis hit his very first home run of the year in the top half of the first inning to put the Dodgers up 1-0. But, the Marlins would have nothing to do with that lead. They would score one run in each of the first three innings and add two more in the eighth that would give them the 5-1 lead and their second straight win over Los Angeles.

Dodgers: 76-46

Marlins: 64-58

Hitting Notables:

C. Izturis: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(1)

J. Drew: 2-4

C. Delgado: 3-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(17)

M. Lowell: 3-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR(26)

P. LoDuca: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(9)

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 7 IP, 3 ER, 11 H, 3 Ks, 2 HR, 1.48 ERA, Loss

B. Reames: 1 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 1 HR, 2.02 ERA

A. Leiter: 7 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 6 Ks, 1 HR, 2.54 ERA, Win

J. Mecir: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 2 Ks, 1.93 ERA

J. Riedling: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 K, 4.50 ERA

Box Score:

LAD 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 4  0 

FLA 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 0  5 14 0 

W: A. Leiter (14-7)  L: O. Perez (13-3)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Jeff Weaver (14-4) vs. Josh Beckett (8-9)

Bad luck Spivey, ya gotta come good next one :D

one thing, that light blue writing is realy hard to read, I had to highlight it with my mouse to read it.

Yeah, I hate it when I have to face Florida in this game.

But, about the cyan writing, Florida's the only team that I do it for because it's the only color that goes with them.

Archived