Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

LA Dodgers Press Release

icon_la.gif Breaking news from the Los Angeles Dodgers, Paul DePodesta has stepped down as the General Manager and he will be replaced by previously unknown Marc Spivey. This move comes as no suprise to the Dodger community, as DePodesta wasn't a fan favorite among Dodger fans. Fans are shocked, though, that the Chairman, Frank McCourt, proceeded to get an unknown to become the new GM of their beloved ballclub.

In the little time that Spivey was able to talk to the media, he said "When McCourt came to me about the position, I was shocked to say the least. But, after talking with him for a while, I was convinced that this was the job for me. I mean, I've always wanted to be the GM of a ballclub, but one as big as the L.A. Dodgers is insane. William Shakespeare couldn't have written a better story than this."

To prove that he was ready and willing to have this job, Spivey went out and made some very crucial off-season signings. Signing outfielder J.D. Drew, second baseman Jeff Kent, and starting pitcher Derek Lowe. These moves pleased the Dodger faithful to a point that one wouldn't believe. They are very pleased with their new GM, and are starting to erase the doubts that they had going into the 2005 season.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodger's Lineup & Rotation

Batting Order:

1: C. Izturis - SS

2: J. Kent - 2B

3: J. Drew - RF

4: H. Choi - 1B

5: M. Bradley - CF

6: J. Valentin - 3B

7: J. Werth - LF

8: J. Phillips - C

9: (D. Lowe) - P

Bench:

R. Ledee - CF (DH vs. RHP)

O. Saenz - 1B (DH vs. LHP)

P. Bako - C

J. Grabowski - LF

A. Perez - 2B

Starting Rotation:

SP: D. Lowe - RHP

SP: O. Perez - LHP

SP: J. Weaver - RHP

SP: B. Penny - RHP

SP: S. Erickson - RHP

Relief Pitchers:

LRP: E. Dessens - RHP

LRP: D. Houlton - RHP

MRP: W. Alvarez - LHP

MRP: G. Carrara - RHP

MRP: D. Sanchez - RHP

SU: Y. Brazoban - RHP

CP: E. Gagne - RHP

Trade Rumors

icon_la.gif The newly appointed GM of the Dodgers has expressed great interest in aquiring left fielder Carl Crawford from the Devil Rays. When asked about this, he said, "(Crawford) is a very good and young player. He would help this team out greatly with his speed and defense. He would also provide the team with a quality lead-off hitter."

Rumor has it that the D-Rays and Dodgers are quite close to making this deal happen. If it is to go through, the Dodgers will likely send off center fielder Milton Bradley to the D-Rays in exchange for Crawford, who would then become the Dodger's starting center fielder.

Crawford Aquired by Dodgers

crawford5ie.jpgbradley9so.png

icon_la.gif The rumors that you all have been hearing about for quite some time now are true! The Los Angeles Dodgers traded CF Milton Bradley to the Devil Rays in exchange for LF Carl Crawford. Crawford will now be the Dodger's starting center fielder. "We are very pleased with the way that the trade talks went," said the Dodger's GM, "And we've added a quality player in Crawford."

When the L.A. Times finally got in touch with the Devil Rays assistant GM, Bart Braun, he said, "I think that we got a good player in Bradley, We needed to get rid of Crawford's 5 million dollar contract and when the Dodgers approched us with the deal, we gladly accepted." Bradley will now be the D-Ray's right fielder sending Alex Sanchez to left.

The Dodger's batting order has changed a bit since the trade and it looks like this:

1. CF - C. Crawford

2. SS - C. Izturis

3. RF - J. Drew

4. 2B - J. Kent

5. 1B - H. Choi

6. 3B - J. Valentin

7. LF - J. Werth

8. C - J. Phillips

9. P - (D. Lowe)

dodgersbanner9hl.png

Before I get started, I want to give yall a quick rundown of the settings:

Level:	 All-Star

Sliders:   Pared's + my own mix

Datafile:  Jim's Combo Datafile v3.0 (after 8th game)

Rosters:   Ultimate Rosters v2.3

Misc:	  Hot & Cold - Off, Strike Zone - Off, Cursor - On

I will most probably start this afternoon or tonight, but it will most definately start today.

Series 1: vs. San Francisco Giants

KMet & Apr: Thanks for the comments guys, and you know that I have to do something with this that's BEASTLY!!

And We Have Liftoff!

lowegetsk2in.pngkenthomer7nt.png

(Above: Lowe records one of his 6 Ks, Right: Arial view of Kent's 2-run homer.)

icon_la.gif Opening Day, and what a great day it was for Dodger fans. As the Dodgers strolled to a 7-0 shoutout against to Giants. The Dodgers were a little weary starting off the season in enemy teritory, but I doubt that they will be now! This afternoon's game saw Derek Lowe pitch for the Dodgers and Jason Schmidt pitch for the Giants. Lowe pitched an outstanding game today, going eight innings and only giving up five hits while striking out six.

Jason Phillips, the newly aquired catcher, started off the scoring in the fifth on a RBI double the drove in Jason Werth(1-0). After this, the flood gates began to crack open a bit, with Jeff Kent hitting a 2-run homer in the sixth that put the Dodgers up 3-0.

But in the ninth, the gates burst open, with pinch hitter Olmedo Saenz hitting a 3-run homer to bring the score to 6-0. The Dodgers would add one more run to provide a little insurance and made the final score 7-0.

Dodgers: 1-0

Giants: 0-1

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 4  7 9 0 

SFG  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 5 1

WP - D. Lowe (1-0)  LP - J. Schmidt (0-1)

Hitting Notables:

J. Phillips: 3-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run

J. Kent: 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

O. Saenz: 1-1, 3 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe(1-0): 8 IP, 0 ER, 5 H, 6 Ks, 0.00 ERA, Win

Werth a Million Dollars

werthhomer3in.pnggameover7di.png

(Above: Werth hits second of two homers. Right: Game Over as Gagne records first save.)

icon_la.gif Jayson Werth, who hasn't been a full-time starter until this year proved that he belongs in the lineup everyday. Going 3-4 with two solo homers and a double to go along with 3 RBIs. The Dodgers traveled on Werth's back en route to their second straight win over the Giants, this time they won 4-1.

Odalis Perez was the starter tonight for the Dodgers, and he pitched very well except a bit of a shaky first inning. He gave up a triple to the second batter of the game, Omar Vizquel, and he proceeded to score on a sac-fly by Pedro Feliz. After this, Perez was lights out my friends, going 7 innings and giving up only 1 run on 3 hits while striking out 3. Kirk Rueter, the pitcher for the Giants, didn't pitch too shabby himself. Going 6 innings and he gave up 2 runs on 6 hits.

After the game we were fortunate enough to talk with Odalis Perez, and we asked him what he thought of Werth's performance, "He's a beast, there's nothing else to say."

Dodgers: 2-0

Giants: 0-2

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

LAD  0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 0  4 10 0 

SFG  1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 3  1

WP - O. Perez (1-0)  LP - J. K. Rueter (0-1)  SV - E. Gagne (1)

Hitting Notables:

J. Werth: 3-4, 3 RBI, 2 Runs, 2 HR, 1 2B

J. Valentin: 2-4

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez(1-0): 7 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 3 Ks, 1.29 ERA, Win

E. Gagne(S 1): 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 2 Ks, 0.00 ERA, Save

Bring Out Your....Nevermind

crawfordsb1dw.pngdurhamhomer1sf.png

(Above: Crawford gets one of 2 steals, Right: Grissom hits go ahead homer in seventh.)

icon_la.gif The Dodgers had this game all but won when Jeff Weaver left the game after the sixth inning. Jim Tracy chose to put in Yancy Brazoban in the seventh, who had been lights-out, but tonight he was all but that - giving up the go ahead and game winnning homer in the seventh to Marquis Grissom.

The Dodgers opened up tonight's game with a RBI double by J.D. Drew that drove in Carl Crawford who lead off the game reaching on an error, then stealing second(1-0. But the Giants were quick to respond, with Ray Durham scoring on a Barry Bonds ground out(1-1).

Hee-Seop Choi, who was uncontent with a tie, drove in Drew with an RBI single(2-1). After this, the game went very smoothly, until the seventh. Brazoban was brought in to relieve Weaver, but he didn't do his job. Giving up the game winning 2-run homer to Grissom(2-3).

Dodgers: 2-1

Giants: 1-2

Hitting Notables:

J. Drew: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run

M. Grissom: 1-3, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 6 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 5 Ks, 1.50 ERA

Y. Brazoban(0-1): 1 IP, 2 ER, 2 H, 1 K, 1 HR, 6.00 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

LAD  1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  2 11 0 

SFG  1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0  3 7  1

WP - B. Puffer (1-0)  LP - Y. Brazoban (0-1)  SV - A. Benitez (1)

League Injuries:

K. Millwood - Out for 12 days with a MCL Sprain

Next Series: @ Arizona DiamondBacks

Spivey how do you set up the pictures next to each other and without using a thumbnail?

I put them into Adobe Photoshop CS and I resize them to 400x300, that way you can put them beside each other and have a space in between.

Worth Every Penny

kentdivingplay0rj.pngargument6ri.png

(Above: Kent saves a run with diving stop, Right: Bob Melvin takes out his frustrations on the ump.)

icon_la.gif Tonight's game between the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks was a classic pitcher's duel. With the both pitchers going 7+ innings and the fans getting a little bit of free baseball. Brad Penny was exceptional in his first start of the year, going 7 strong innings without giving up a run and striking out 11 batters, that's right folks, 11!

Shawn Estes was tonight's starter for the D-Backs, and he pitched just as well as Penny, going 8 innings and giving up only 4 hits on no runs. But Bob Melvin, the D-Backs manager, left Estes' reliever in a little too long. B. J. Ryan who entered the game in the ninth, pitched three innings - and in that last inning, the 12th, he fell apart. Giving up the game-winning hit to Jason Phillips who drove in Cesar Izturis which was followed by a lapse in concentration by the defense. A costly throwing error that allowed yet another run to score to put the Dodgers up 2-0.

I was all over for the D-Backs in the bottom of the 12th, with closer Eric Gagne sitting them down 1-2-3 to record his second save in as many chances.

Dodgers: 3-1

Diamondbacks: 2-2

Hitting Notables:

C. Izturis: 3-5, 1 Run

J. Drew: 2-4, 1 Run

T. Glaus: 2-4, 1 2B

Pitching Notables:

B. Penny(0-0): 7 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 11 Ks, 0.00 ERA

S. Estes(0-0): 8 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 4 Ks, 0.00 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  R H E

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0  2   2 7 0 

ARI  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0  0   0 4 1

WP: E. Dessens (1-0)  LP: B. Ryan (0-1)  SV: E. Gagne (2)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Scott Erickson(0-0) vs. Matt Gosling(0-0)

League Injuries:

Y. Molina(STL) - Out for 14 days with a Dislocated finger

Cool as the Other Side of the Pillow

scottk8oo.pngizturisgwhit8bf.png

(Above: Erickson strikesout Chad Tracy, Right: Cesar Izturis gets eventual game winning hit.)

icon_la.gif Cesar Izturis, the Dodger's shortshop, has no clue what the meaning of pressure is. With the Dodgers trailing 1-0 in the top of the eighth inning, Izturis drives in Jeff Kent and Carl Crawford to put the Dodgers up 2-1 and gave them their fourth win on the year.

Both pitcher in today's game, Scott Erickson and Matt Gosling, pitched very well, with both going seven full innings. Erickson's only blimish was a solo homer hit by Craig Counsell in the fourth. While Gosling didn't give up any runs until the seventh when he gave up the go ahead two-RBI single to Izturis. Then, in the ninth, pinch hitter Ricky Ledee added two more insurance runs on a single.

Dodgers: 4-1

Diamondbacks: 2-3

Hitting Notables:

C. Izturis: 1-3, 2 RBI

J. Drew: 2-3

C. Counsell: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson(1-0): 7 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 4 Ks, 1.29 ERA

M. Gosling(0-1): 7.1 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, 3 Ks, 2.46 ERA

Box Score:

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2  4 10 0 

ARI  0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0  1 4  0

WP: S. Erickson (1-0)  LP: M. Gosling (0-1)  SV: E. Gagne (3)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Derek Lowe(1-0) vs. Javier Vazquez(0-0)

League Injuries:

J. Werth(LAD) - Out for 7 days with a Strained lower back

*Injury Report*

icon_la.gif Jayson Werth, the Dodger's left fielder strained his lower back today trying to rob a home-run. The injury isn't too serious, but he will be out for a week. He will be replaced with back-up left fielder Jason Grabowski.

If you're confused about how I know details about Spivey's pc, it's because I built it.

That being said, I searched for the item number (neweggs) and didn't get any hits. I can't remember enough about it, I built the system in November of 2002.

If memory serves it was a WinFast A280 LE TD MyVIVO, but I'm not 100% sure. No hits on ebay and only one of froogle. The one on froogle is listed at the same price I paid for it 2.5 years ago.

A generic search for ti4200 on ebay resulted in quite a few reasonably priced cards.

What's That I Smell, Sweep!

lowepitching9vo.pngcrawfordtriple8gr.png

(Above: Lowe doesn't need any relief, as he throws a complete game shoutout, Right: Crawford breaks out of slump going 3-4.)

icon_la.gif Derek Lowe was utterly outstanding in the final game of the Dodgers vs. D-Backs series as he throws a complete game shoutout to record his second win in as many starts. He went all nine innings giving up no runs on four hits and striking out a season high, 12! Tonight's game also saw Carl Crawford, the newly aquired center fielder, break out of his 5 game slump going 3-4 with two runs scored, one RBI, and two stolen bases.

The Dodgers were quick to score as Cesar Izturis drove in Crawford on a RBI single(1-0). In the fifth, the Dodgers added two more insurance runs on a Crawford RBI triple, and another RBI single by Izturis(3-0). On an extra note, Lowe didn't do too shabby at the plate either, going 0-1 with two walks and one run scored.

The Dodgers will now have a day off before they begin their series with the San Fransico Giants who are 4-2 and in second place in the National League West.

Dodgers: 5-1

Diamondbacks: 2-4

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 3-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 3B, 2 SB

C. Izturis: 2-4, 2 RBI

L. Gonzalez: 2-4

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe(2-0): 9 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 12 Ks, 0.00 ERA

J. Vazquez(0-1): 7 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 9 Ks, 2.57 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0  3 6 0