Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nail-Biter

choigwhit5jq.pngyessir9ay.png

(Above: Choi drives in the winning run in the ninth, Right: Bob Melvin asks the ump, "Where's the beef?")

icon_la.gif What a game! Tied 0-0 going into the bottom of the ninth inning. The Dodgers did not want to go into extra innings, so they decided that they would come alive in the ninth - with Jason Phillips leading off the inning with his first hit of the game, then Jose Valentin continuing his perfect game at the plate, and finally Hee-Seop Choi driving Phillips in on a single up the middle.

Tonight's game was a typical pitcher's duel, with Brad Penny facing off against Brad Halsey. Penny through a complete game only allowing three hits and striking out one en route to his first win of the year. Halsey, who has yet to win a game, went 6.1 innings and only giving up two hits on eight strike outs - but he did walk four.

Dodgers: 11-8

Diamondbacks: 9-11

Hitting Notables:

J. Valentin: 3-3, 1 2B, 1 BB

H. Choi: 1-4, 1 RBI (game-winner)

C. Tracy: 1-2, 1 BB

Pitching Notables:

B. Penny: 9 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 1 K, 1.86 ERA, Win

B. Halsey: 6.1 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 8 Ks, 4 BB, 5.91 ERA

D-Backs Bullpen: 2 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 2 Ks, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

ARI  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 3 0 

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1  1 7 1

WP: B. Penny (1-2)  LP: G. Aquino (1-1)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Edwin Jackson (0-0) vs. Javier Vazquez (1-2)

Did the D-Backs ever get even close to scoring like a runner on 3rd 1 out or a play at the plate. Just wonder .

Nope, their three hits were in different innings.

Spivey, do you use the grass mod, or what?

Nope, my video card is just a friggin beast

Tracy Unimpressed

nosir2px.pngglaushomer5qp.png

(Above: For the second straight game Melvin was tossed, Right: Glaus hits a solo jack in the eighth.)

icon_la.gif I guess he was over-hyped by the entire Dodger staff; or was it that he just had a bad night. No one can be certain. But what is certain, Edwin Jackson was very unimpressive in his first major league start this year. He was only able to go five innings while giving up four runs on seven hits - one which was a three run homer by Chad Tracy.

The Dodgers were able to avoid being shutout with Carl Crawford scoring on a sac-fly by J. D. Drew. Crawford might be coming around after his injury, going 1-3 with a double, a walk, a run scored, and a stolen base (his seventh on the year). Werth also did very well, going 2-3, raising his team leading batting average to .339.

"I'm not going to give up on him just yet. I'm going to put him in the bullpen as a long reliever, and if he does well, he might get another start." said manager Jim Tracy after the game when asked about what was going to become of young hurler Jackson.

Dodgers: 11-9

Diamondbacks: 10-11

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 1-3, 1 2B, 1 Run, 1 BB, 1 SB

T. Glaus: 3-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

C. Tracy: 1-4, 3 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

E. Jackson: 5 IP, 4 ER, 7 H, 2 Ks, 7.20 ERA, Loss

J. Vazquez: 8 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 4 Ks, 1 BB, 3.34 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

ARI  0 0 1 3 0 0 0 1 0  5 12 0 

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0  1 5  0

WP: J. Vazquez (2-2)  LP: E. Jackson (0-1)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Derek Lowe (2-1) vs. Russ Ortiz (2-1)

Game Over......Not Quite

basehitbunt2fm.pnggonzalezhomer8yw.png

(Above: Crawford lays down the perfect base-hit bunt, Right: Gonzalez hits 3-run homer off of Gagne.)

icon_la.gif Gagne was near perfect all year, but he's not anymore. With two runners on in the eighth inning and nobody out, manager Jim Tracy decided to put Gagne in to record a two inning save. He did everything but, the first batter he faced was Luis Gonzalez, and he hit a opposite field three run homer to tie the game at 4-4.

Things were looking very good for the Dodgers as they had a 4-1 lead in going into the eighth inning. With one run scored by Carl Crawford, two by Cesar Izturis, and one by Jason Phillips.

So, the game went into extra innings as the Dogers weren't able to score in the eighth or ninth innings. But in the tenth, the D-Backs get the bases loaded on a very costly error by Jeff Kent, and Scott Hairston hit a grand slam to give the D-Backs a 8-4 lead and eventual win.

Dodgers: 11-10

Diamondbacks: 11-11

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 2-5, 1 Run, 2 SB

C. Izturis: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 3B

L. Gonzalez: 2-5, 3 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

S. Hairston: 3-5, 4 RBI, 1 Run, 1 GS

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 8 IP, 3 ER, 7 H, 4 Ks, 1.66 ERA

R. Ortiz: 7 IP, 4 ER, 6 H, 11 Ks, 4 BB, 3.86 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  R H  E

ARI  0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 0 4   8 13 2 

LAD  0 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 0   4 7  1

WP: B. Boehringer (1-0)  LP: W. Alvarez (0-2)

Next Series: Home vs. Colorado Rockies

Tomorrow's Matchup: Odalis Perez (3-0) vs. Joe Kennedy (1-2)

League Injuries:

J. Santana(MIN) - Out for 12 days with a minor MCL sprain.

What about me, I'm a silent follower of your dynasty spivey, till now. BTW, whats your record.

I'm sorry man, I didn't know because you haven't made any posts in here in a while, I didn't think that you were following it. And my record is 11-10.

lol man i always love readin up on ur dynasties...if i had mvp for the computer id make one...but i hav it for the xbox :cry:

Pro, don't feel bad. I have the PC Version, but my vid card isn't the greatest so I get the bright players, so I decided to do one with the XBOX Version. I am doing the Houston Astros one if you wanna take a look.

Also, Spivey, not a problem for following. Dodgers fan here, and you do awesome Dynasties. I even followed your Braves one, and I don't even like the Braves! LoL. And thank YOU for following my Astros one. You seem to be the only one doing so, haha.

-CBK

Crawford is the leadoff batter in my Dynasty as well (Cubs). I've already hit for the cycle with him once and came close. Im in July, and he leads the league in 3Bs. (20)

Hold on to crawford, I've found out lately that he can hit for power. :p

On a side note, Gagne may be gone for the season. what a shame. :(

Well, I've played the series with Colorado Rockies and I posted it on the updated site - and I guess everything that was posted on the updated site isn't on the non-updated one. So here are the Box Scores for the three game series versus the Rockies:

Game 1:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

COL 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0  3 6 0

LAD 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1  2 8 1

Game 2:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

COL 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 6 0

LAD 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2  2 7 0

Game 3:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

COL 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0  2 6 0

LAD 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 6 0

The Rockies took 2 out of the 3 games from the Los Angeles Dodgers and they are now 12-12 on the year. The Dodgers will now have a three game series against the Washington Nationals.

National Domination

sbcrawford3ri.pngcollision7fs.png

(Above: Crawford steals second in the first inning, Right: Crawford collides with the Nationals catcher trying to score.)

icon_la.gif The Nationals, or better yet, Brad Wilkerson, dominated the Dodgers tonight. Wilkerson who went 2-4 with two home runs, three RBIs, and two runs scored. He drove in all of the National's runs tonight.

Scott Erickson, who started tonight's game for the Dodgers, was only able to go five innings, giving up three runs on seven hits - two of which were homers by Wilkerson. The Dodger's bullpen, on the other hand, pitched very well. Going four innings and only giving up four hits and striking out three.

Livan Hernadez started the game for the Nationals, and he ended it. Going the full nine innings, while only giving up four hits and striking out nine.

Dodgers: 12-13

Nationals: 14-12

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 2-4, 2 SB

B. Wilkerson: 2-4, 3 RBI, 2 Runs, 2 HR

J. Guillen: 2-4, 1 Run

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 5 IP, 3 ER, 7 H, 3.24 ERA, Loss

L. Hernadez: 9 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 9 Ks, 3.12 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

WAS  2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0  3 11 0 

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 4  1

WP: L. Hernadez (3-3)  LP: S. Erickson (1-1)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Derek Lowe (2-1) vs. John Patterson (1-2)

Ok you need to mess with the sliders more. You started you like 7-1 and since you're like 5-12. Make it just a little easier on yourself and I think you got the right combo of sliders working.

Ok you need to mess with the sliders more. You started you like 7-1 and since you're like 5-12. Make it just a little easier on yourself and I think you got the right combo of sliders working.

Yeah, I've been thinking about adjusting them, but the thing is - I'm not getting blown out and I have chances to win but I can't come through in the clutch.....

Hey Spivey, I think you need me on your team being the ComeBackKid and all :wink: haha. Anyways, sucks your under .500, but I have a feeling you'll bounce back soon. Unfortunately I had to quit my Houston Dynasty like you did your Braves one because of those damn legend players and I hope you don't quit this one, they are extremely fun to follow.

On a side-note, have you thought about capturing video while you are playing and posting it like a highlight video?

-CBK

On a side-note, have you thought about capturing video while you are playing and posting it like a highlight video?

I have to say that I haven't really thought about that. But it's a really good idea. I think that I may have to do a little something like that. :wink:

Archived