Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap, you can't buy a win! Mix things up. It's often the answer. :wtg:

I've been trying that with my pitching staff - and I guess that I've solved that problem. But I truely believe that when all my players recover from their injuries, that I'll start to do better. But until then, CHANGES, CHANGES, CHANGES!!!

Britt Reames was the first to releave him, and he continued to impress, going five strong innings, only allowing two hits while he struck out five.

B. Reames: 5 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 5 Ks, 0.00 ERA

Wow, he's doing great so far, good move bringing him up.

What Was That, Oh Yeah - A Loss

glaushr5fa.pngdbackswin1wm.png

(Above: Glaus hits a two-run job on the Dodgers, Right the D-Backs celebrate their win over the Dodgers.)

icon_la.gif The Dodgers had so many chances to score, bases loaded twice with less than two outs. A runner on second twice with less than two outs, but there was nothing for them to show for it. And the Diamondbacks stuck it to them and handed the Dodgers their tenth straight loss.

The D-Backs started off the scoring in the second on a solo homer by Jose Cruz Jr. They scored two in the fifth, on RBI singles by Craig Counsell and Casey Daigle. To top off their scoring, Troy Glaus hit a two-run homer in the eighth to give them a 5-0 shutout of the Dodgers.

Dodgers: 21-27

Diamondbacks: 28-22

Hitting Notables:

J. Grabowski: 3-3

J. Cruz Jr.: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR(6)

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 6 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 9 Ks, 1.05 ERA, Loss

C. Daigle: 9 IP, 0 ER, 7 H, 4 Ks, 2.70 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 7 0 

ARI  0 1 0 0 2 0 0 2 0  5 9 1

WP: C. Daigle (1-0)  LP: J. Weaver (4-3)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jarrod Washburn (3-3) vs. Javier Vazquez (4-2)

Did I Hear Right, The Dodgers Winning?

washburnwin2qn.pngsavegagne6nf.png

(Above: Washburn gives the Dodgers their first win in their last eleven games, Right: Gagne is finally able to use his game saving skills today.)

icon_la.gif What was that? Do I need to get my hearing checked, because I just thought that you said the Dodgers won? They did? What the....

'Twas the reaction around most of the globe after today's game versus the Arizona Diamondbacks as the Dodgers finally won a game. I'm speechless, I have no clue what to write - I'm not used to writing about a win. So here's what I'll tell you:

Jarrod Washburn pitched exceptionally going seven innings and only allowing one hit while he struck out nine batters. And in the eighth, Jayson Werth drove in the winning run, which was Jose Valentin who pinch ran for Washburn who lead off the inning with a walk.

Wow, a win!

Dodgers: 22-27

Diamondbacks: 28-23

Hitting Notables:

J. Werth: 1-4, 1 RBI (game-winner)

H. Choi: 3-4

C. Snyder:1-3, 1 2B

Pitching Notables:

J. Washburn: 7 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 9 Ks, 4.03 ERA, Win

E. Gagne: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 Ks, 3.07 ERA, Save

J. Vazquez: 7.2 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 4 Ks, 3.51 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0  1 8 0 

ARI  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 1 0

WP: J. Washburn (4-3)  LP: J. Vazquez (4-3)  SV: E. Gagne (9)

Next Series: Home vs. Chicago Cubs (23-25)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Scott Erickson (3-1) vs. Mark Prior (3-1)

Who'd Have Thunk it, The Dodgers Lost...

Kentslide.pngLeepose.png

(Above: Kent streches a single into a double then proceeds to score, Right: POSER! Lee poses after his home run to give the Cubbies the lead.)

icon_la.gif Well, the Dodgers' losing woes continue as they lose a close one to the Cubs, 2-1. The one and two batters for the Cubbies ate their Wheaties this morning, as they both hit solo shots to bring in the only two runs the Cubs would score all day. The only run that the Dodgers scored was driven in on a RBI single by J. D. Drew, his 21 on the year.

Mark Prior pitched very well today for the Cubs, going seven innings, while only giving up one run on five hits. Scott Erickson didn't pitch all that bad either, but he gave up two too many runs, going six innings while only allowing four hits, but two of those were homers. Britt Reames continued to impress, going three innings and only giving up one hit while striking out four batters.

Dodgers: 22-28

Cubs: 24-25

Hitting Notables:

J. Drew: 1-4, 1 RBI

J. Kent: 1-4, 1 Run, 1 2B

D. Lee: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(12)

C. Patterson: 2-3, 2 SB

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 6 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 5 Ks, 2.37 ERA, Loss

B. Reames: 3 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 4 Ks, 0.00 ERA

M. Prior: 7 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 4 Ks, 2.51 ERA, Win

S. Williamson: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 Ks, 3.72 ERA, Save

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

CHC  0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0  2 5 0 

LAD  0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 5 0

WP: M. Prior (4-1)  LP: S. Erickson (3-2)  SV: S. Williamson (6)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Derek Lowe (4-3) vs. Kerry Wood (1-4)

League Injuries:

H. Ramirez(ATL) - Out for 92 days with a torn rotator cuff.

S. Kazmir(TB) - Out for 77 days with a torn knee ACL.

It Takes Ten

nomardodgerblack2zl.png

(Above: Nomar hits go ahead homer in the tenth, Right: The Dodgers end the month of May with a dismal 10-18 record.)

icon_la.gif That does it for May, and I'm pretty sure that all Dodger fans are happy to see it depart. As the Dodgers went 10-18 in May, their worst month since they went 9-18 in July of 2003.

The Cubbies started scoring early and often, getting two in the first on three consecutive singles resulting in a RBI by Aramis Ramirez and Corey Patterson. They scored again in the second to put the Cubs up 3-0 through one and a half innings. But, the Dodgers would capitalize on an error by Nomar Garciaparra, allowing J. D. Drew and Jose Valentin to score which brought the score to 3-2 after two.

But, in the fifth, Derek Lee would hit a monstrous homer that went 450+ feet that would put the North Siders up 4-2. The Dodgers wouldn't go down without a fight, and a little luck along the lines of another error by Nomar! His second error of the game allowed Hee-Seop Choi to score, and then Jason Phillips would drive in Jose Flores to even the game up at 4-4 at the end of the sixth inning.

In the tenth, the Cubs would get a very clutch homer by Nomar who was trying to make amends for his two errors in the game. And he did just that, as his homer propeled them to their second straight win over the Dodgers.

Dodgers: 22-29

Cubs: 25-25

Hitting Notables:

J. Drew: 2-5, 1 Run, 1 2B

D. Lee: 3-5, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR(13)

N. Garciaparra: 2-5, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR(5)

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 5 IP, 4 ER, 5 H, 7 Ks, 1.59 ERA

G. Carrara: 1 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 1 K, 4.09 ERA, Loss

K. Wood: 6 IP, 1 ER, 4 R, 7 H, 0 Ks, 4.10 ERA

R. Dempster: 3 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 K, 5.45 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  R H E

CHC  2 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1   5 9 2 

LAD  0 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0   4 8 0

WP: R. Dempster (2-5)  LP: G. Carrara (1-3)  SV: S. Williamson (7)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Odalis Perez (4-1) vs. Carlos Zambrano (5-2)

League Injuries:

P. Wilson(COL) - Out for 46 days with a fractured ankle.

*Trade Report*

Los Angeles Dodgers Received:

Andy Marte from the Atlanta Braves' AAA affiliate Richmond. Marte has had a respectable year, hitting .242 with three homers. After the trade he was brought up to the major league team as Jose Valentin was sent down and placed on the trading block.

ph4297089co.jpg

Atlanta Braves Received:

Norihiro Nakamura from the Los Angeles Dodgers' AAA affiliate Las Vegas. He has been placed on the Richmond Braves as the starting third baseman.

Photo Not

Available

Dodgers Avoid Sweep

perezledee5pj.png

(Above: Perez shouts out the Cubs to avoid being swept, Right: Ledee drove in two runs tonight for the Dodgers.)

icon_la.gif The Dodgers received most of their offense tonight from the bottom of the order. As they scored all of the runs and drove in half of them. Ricky Ledee had two RBIs in tonight's game, and both times he drove in Pete Orr who hit a single in front of him, and then stole second.

Odalis Perez continued to pitch well, as he went seven innings, allowing only three hits and no runs while he was able to strike out six. Yhency Brazoban came in to releave him, and pitched a lot better than he has all year. Going two innings, allowing two hits while he struck out two and lowered his ERA two points.

Dodgers: 23-29

Cubs: 25-26

Hitting Notables:

R. Ledee: 2-3, 2 RBI

P. Orr: 2-3, 2 Runs, 2 SB

J. Kent: 1-4, 2 RBI

T. Walker: 2-3

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 6 Ks, 1.24 ERA, Win

C. Zambrano: 7 IP, 4 ER, 8 H, 3 Ks, 3.19 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

CHC  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 5 0 

LAD  0 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 0  4 8 0

WP: O. Perez (5-1)  LP: C. Zambrano (5-3)

Next Series: Home vs. Milwalkee Brewers (26-26)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jeff Weaver (4-3) vs. Victor Santos (5-2)

League Injuries:

D. Davis(MIL) - Out for 15 days with a pulled hamstring.

Archived