Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

Eight is Great

lowepitch1tv.pngchoihomer9md.png

(Above: Lowe pitches a complete game in tonight's win, Right: Choi hits a 470 ft blast for his first homer on the year.)

icon_la.gif Maybe the Dodgers are starting to come around, I don't know. But what I do know, is that the Dodgers posted eight runs on the Nationals tonight for their thirteenth win on the year. The Dodgers started off the scoring in the second, on a RBI single by Jason Phillips. Then they scored two more runs on a RBI double by none other than Derek Lowe.

Washington was able to post their first run on the board in the top of the third on the solo homer by Termel Sledge, his second on the year. But the Dodgers would quickly answer with a sac-fly by Jeff Kent - which drove in J. D. Drew who hit a triple earlier in the inning.

And in the sixth, the Dodgers knew that things were going their way. With Hee-Seop Choi hitting a monster 470-ft blast for his first home run on the year. They would add three more in the seventh to bring the score to 8-1; the Nationals would score in the eighth on a J. D. Drew error allowing Vinny Castilla to score.

Dodgers: 13-13

Nationals: 14-13

Hitting Notables:

H. Choi: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR

D. Lowe: 2-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B

T. Sledge: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 9 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 8 Ks, 1.72 ERA, Win

J. Patterson: 6 IP, 6 ER, 11 H, 1 HR, 4.07 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

WAS  0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0  2 4  0 

LAD  0 3 1 0 0 1 3 0 0  8 15 1

WP: D. Lowe (3-1)  LP: J. Patterson (1-3)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Odalis Perez (3-0) vs. Esteban Loaiza (2-0)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crawford Comes Through

crawfordhomer3ny.pngrobinsonargument9nq.png

(Above: Crawford hits solo homer in the seventh Right: Frank Robinson asks the umpire, "What's for dinner?"

icon_la.gif Crawford hadn't had the best of games until he came up to bat in the bottom of the seventh inning. But in the seventh, he completely forgot about his three previous at-bats and he hit a solo homer to give the Dodgers their second straight win.

The Nationals struck first blood in the top of the fourth, scoring on a solo homer by Jose Guillen, his second on the year(1-0). But, the Dodgers were quick to respond, with Hee-Seop Choi driving in J. D. Drew to even the game up at 1-1. But, in the seventh, Crawford came through - just like I said before to give the Dodgers a win over the Nats.

Odalis Perez, who started tonight, pitched very well to get his fourth win on the year. He went 7 innings, giving up only one run on five hits and striking out three. Gagne came in to the game in the ninth to record his fifth save on the year - he wasn't quite perfect though, giving up a single to Nick Johnson.

Dodgers: 14-13

Nationals: 14-14

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

C. Izturis: 2-4, 1 2B

J. Guillen: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 7 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 3 Ks, 1.07 ERA, Win

E. Loiaza: 7 IP, 2 ER, 10 H, 4 Ks, 4.39 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

WAS  0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0  1 7  0 

LAD  0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0  2 10 0

WP: O. Perez (4-0)  LP: E. Loiaza (2-1)  SV: E. Gagne (5)

Next Series: @ Cincinnati Reds

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jeff Weaver (2-1) vs. Aaron Harang (4-1)

League Injuries:

J. Bagwell(HOU) - Out for season with a hernia.

lol...man ...spivey..ur my hero lol!! go brian jordan...im a braves fan...its my birthday! neone wanna send me a copy of mvp 2005 for the pc so i can do a dynasty??? (not really my bday)

Thanks man. You know, I was going to send you a copy until you said that it wasn't your birthday....! :wink:

How exactly does this entire thing work? Does Spivey himself have to type the entire game summaries, or what? If not, then how are they done?

I type it all up from scrach. I'll use my previous reports as guides, but everything comes from my fingers.

Here's my computer screen when I'm about to write a game report:

kjlhglhjhl2eq.th.png

genius....so hows it going by the all star break? are we gonna expect a large report on it with highlights and so forth?

I'll probably put together a highlight video - never done it before, but it shouldn't be that hard. And I'll have a pretty good sized write up about the team and possible changes.

Tic-Tac-Toe

weaverpitching3wm.pngdrewhomer3xx.png

(Above: Weaver throws complete game shutout against Reds, Right: Drew hits his first homer of the year.)

icon_la.gif The Dodgers have their second offensive explosion in the past three games. This time they put up six runs against the Cincinnati Reds to record their third straight win for the second time this year.

Everyone in the Dodgers lineup had a hit except for Jose Valentin and Jeff Weaver. But, Weaver made up for his 0-for by throwing a complete game, four hit, shutout. J. D. Drew, who hadn't had a homer for the entire season, finally hit his first in tonight's game. This was suprising because he is noted to be a exceptional power hitter.

The Reds' big three hitters: Sean Casey, Adam Dunn, and Ken Griffey Jr. had three out of the four hits that the Reds were able to get off Weaver. The other hit came from D'Angelo Jimenez. Aaron Harang, who started tonight's game, was only able to go six innings while giving up five runs on nine hits, but he did strike out four batters.

Dodgers: 15-13

Reds: 16-12

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 3B, 2 SB

C. Izturis: 2-4, 2 RBI, 1 2B

S. Casey: 1-4, 1 2B

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 9 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 4 Ks, 0.56 ERA, Win

A. Harang: 6 IP, 5 ER, 9 H, 4 Ks, 4.25 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

LAD  0 1 0 1 2 0 2 0 0  6 11 0 

CIN  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 4  0

WP: J. Weaver (3-1)  LP: A. Harang (4-2)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Brad Penny (1-3) vs. Ramon Ortiz (1-1)

So you had to catch all of those screens yourself? It seems like all of this would be a hassle.

Yep, I normally take about 20-30 pics per game. I just pick out the ones that I like and I put them in here. It's not that bad either, I just wait for the replay that the game provides and I take my pic whenever I see fit. To tell you the truth, it's kind of fun - for me.

Archived