Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

Dodgers Destroy Giants

Today's Matchup: Odalis Perez (1-0) vs. Kirk Rueter (0-1)

drewscores8pe.pngperezcgso5cc.png

(Above: The Dodger's scored a total of 10 runs today, Right: Perez throws yet another complete game shoutout.)

icon_la.gif Today was another joyous day for Dodger fans young and old, as they straight up beasted on the Giants and won by a score of 10-0. This was the second consecutive shoutout thrown by a Dodger pitcher, this time it was by Odalis Perez. Perez gave up only one hit in nine innings and striking out an amazing ten Giants. The Giants' only hit was by Marquis Grissom in the sixth inning.

The Dodger's batters had Kirk Rueter's number today, as he could only go 4.2 innings giving up five runs on eight hits and walking three batters. Matt Kinney, who was brought in to relieve Rueter, did 4x worse than Rueter. Going only one inning and giving up five more runs on five hits.

The Dodgers scored all of their runs in three different innings, four in the third, one in the fifth, and five in the sixth.

Dodgers: 6-1

Giants: 4-3

Hitting Notables:

J. Drew: 3-5, 3 RBI, 1 Run

J. Kent: 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 Runs

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 9 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 10 Ks, 0.56 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R  H  E

SFG  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0  1  1 

LAD  0 0 4 0 1 5 0 0 0  10 14 0

WP - O. Perez (2-0)  LP - K. Rueter (0-2)

League Injuries:

C. Crawford(LAD) - Out for 9 days with a minor meniscus sprain

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jeff Weaver (0-0) vs. Brett Tomko (0-0)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Injury Report*

icon_la.gif The Dodger's center fielder Carl Crawford has suffered a minor meniscus sprain and will be out for a little over a week. This is a big blow to the team as Crawford was the leadoff batter and was breaking out of his start of the season slump. He will be replaced with Ricky Ledee who will bat second in the lineup and Cesar Izturis will move up to first.

Additional Note: I've decided to bump the level up to MVP, All-Star is just too flippin easy. Hopefully I'll get better results.

Dodgers Win in Eleven

aloudivingcatch9vu.pngkentgwhomer5sh.png

(Above: Alou saves two runs with diving catch, Right: Kent wins the game with walk-off homer in the 11th.)

icon_la.gif Jeff Kent, who had hit the ball well all game, lead off the eleventh inning against Merkin Valdez. Kent showed great poise as he got down 0-2 in the count and proceeded to hit the game winning homer over the left field fence to give the Dodgers their sixth straight win and the two game series sweep over the Giants.

Both pitchers, Jeff Weaver and Brett Tomko, pitched amazing ball games. With Tomko going 8.1 innings, giving up only four hits while striking out eight. And Weaver going 9 innings, giving up eight hits and striking out six.

Despite the best efforts by the Giants, they were unable to bring anyone home. They had a runner on third in three innings, and were unable to score. Barry Bonds had an awesome game going 3-5 with two doubles and a single. They also had numerous web gems to save the Giant's pitchers.

"(Tomko) pitched one hell of a ball game," said the Giants' manager, "I feel bad that we couldn't give him his first win. We are going to have to change some things, we depsrately need to improve our hitting."

The Dodgers will now have an off day before they begin their series with the San Diego Padres who are 6-3, second in the National League West behind the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Dodgers: 7-1

Giants: 4-4

Hitting Notables:

J. Kent: 3-5, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B, 1 HR

B. Bonds: 3-5, 2 2B

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 9 IP, 0 ER, 8 H, 6 Ks, 0.63 ERA

B. Tomko: 8.1 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 8 Ks, 0.60 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  R H  E

SFG  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0   0 10 1 

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1   1 5  2

WP - E. Dessens (2-0)  LP - M. Valdez (0-1)

League Injuries:

K. Benson(PIT) - Out for 97 days with a torn rotator cuff

Tomorrow's Matchup: Off Day

I'm having too easy of a time with this, so I downloaded Jim's combo datafile v3.0 and took it back down to All-Star. Maybe that will work for me.

Thanks to everyone who is following this, hopefully I'll get yall some good results soon.

Just wondering, from one dynasty guru to another, how do you go about posting and playing your games, is it one at a time, game by game, or a series at a time?

Oh yeah, make sure it is a BEASTLY answer. :wink:

Just wondering, from one dynasty guru to another, how do you go about posting and playing your games, is it one at a time, game by game, or a series at a time?

I play one game and then I post it here. I guess that's what your asking for my friend.

How's That Taste?

Today's Starters: Brad Penny (0-0) vs. Steve Sparks (1-0)

sparkspitch9et.pngphillipsk1xu.png

(Above: Steve Sparks' knuckleball keeps the Dodgers off balance all night.)

icon_la.gif The Los Angeles Dodgers have been taken down a notch with the 9-0 blowout handed to them by Steve Sparks and the San Diego Padres. The Dodgers were able to scrap only three hits on no runs against the knuckleballer Sparks. The Padres, on the other hand, could not be stopped. As they scored nine runs accompanied by home runs by Phil Nevin and Ramon Hernadez.

Steve Sparks was practically unhittable by the Dodgers, throwing a complete game and striking out six. "Everything was working for me tonight, even my fastball had a little bit of pop to it." said Sparks after the game. Brad Penny, on the other hand, pitched horribly. Going only five innings and giving up five runs on ten hits. Every Padre, except for Sparks, had a hit in tonight's game. When we talked to Penny after the game, he didn't have much to say, "This is bulls***. I don't want to talk to anyone right now!"

Dodgers: 7-2

Padres: 7-3

Hitting Notables:

B. Giles: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 2 Runs

R. Hernandez: 2-5, 3 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

B. Penny: 5 IP, 5 ER, 10 H, 0 Ks, 1 HR, 3.75 ERA

S. Sparks: 9 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 6 Ks, 0.56 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

SD   3 0 0 1 1 0 0 4 0  9 16 1 

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 3  0

WP - S. Sparks (2-0)  LP - B. Penny (0-1)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Scott Erickson (1-0) vs. Woddy Williams (0-1)

Dodgers Lose Second Straight

choihit8ax.pngkleskogs8wd.png

(Above: Choi drives in two with RBI double, Right: Klesko hits grand slam to put Padres up 7-6.)

icon_la.gif With bases loaded and no outs in the top of the eighth, Ryan Klesko hit a grand slam to put the Padres up for good. Yancy Brazoban, who relieved Erickson who left with the lead intact, was unable to record an out while giving away the game to the Padres. He gave up five runs on five hits; allowing his ERA to skyrocket to 15.75.

It looked as if the Dodgers were going to win the game after Jayson Werth, who recently recovered from his injury, hit a three run homer in the bottom of the fifth to give them a 6-2 lead. But, as said before, Klesko and the Padres had a different story in mind. By scoring six runs in the eighth, they secured a 9-6 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers, and move into first place in the National League West.

When we talked to Brazoban after the game, he seemed a bit edgy, "You think that it's easy to pitch in a major league baseball game. It's not! And all you have to talk about is how I blew it for my team, I would love it to see at least one of you go out and pitch to ONE batter and see how hard it is."

Dodgers: 7-3

Padres: 8-3

Hitting Notables:

J. Werth: 2-4, 4 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

R. Klesko: 2-5, 4 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 GS

B. Giles: 4-5, 2 RBI, 3 Runs, 2 HR

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 7 IP, 3 ER, 7 H, 2 Ks, 1 HR, 2.57 ERA

W. Williams: 4.2 IP, 5 ER, 6 H, 4 BB, 5 Ks, 8.10 ERA

Box Score:

SD   1 1 0 0 0 1 0 6 0  9 14 0 

LAD  2 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0  6 8  1

WP: C. Hammond (2-0)  LP: Y. Brazoban (0-2)  SV: T. Hoffman (3)

Tomorrow's Matchup: D. Lowe (2-0) vs. Jake Peavy (1-0)

Klesko = Dodger Killer

kleskohomer1rv.pngbreakupdp1je.png

(Above: Klesko hits 3-run homer to give Padres sweep, Right: Izturis uses unorthadox ways to break up the double play.)

icon_la.gif Ryan Klesko has done it again. Going 3-4 with a three run homer to give the Padres a 3-0 win, and series sweep, over the Los Angeles Dodgers. This is the first time they have been swept at home since they were swept by Cincinnati in May of 2004. Besides the home run given up to Klesko, Derek Lowe pitched a good game today. Going seven innings while giving up three runs on eleven hits and striking out one.

But, Jake Peavy pitched 10x better than Lowe. Going all nine innings, en route to his first shoutout of the year. He didn't give up a run and only allowed six hits, and struck out an amazing 12 Dodgers. He struck out every batter at least once in the Dodgers starting lineup, including J. D. Drew and Jeff Kent, who struck out twice.

The Dodgers were unable to do anything in their first series at home. In three games, they score only six runs while giving up twenty-one; two times they were shutout. When we talked to Jim Tracy after the game, he told us, "We're going to have to do something about this. I think that part of the reason is we don't have a legitimate lead-off hitter, but Crawford will be coming back in the next couple of days, and maybe things will start to turn around for us."

Dodgers: 7-4

Padres: 9-3

Hitting Notables:

J. Werth & R. Ledee: 2-4

R. Klesko: 3-4, 3 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 7 IP, 3 ER, 11 H, 1 K, 1 HR, 1.13 ERA

J. Peavy: 9 IP, 0 ER, 6 H, 12 Ks, 0.82 ERA

Box Score:

SD   0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0  3 11 0 

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 6  0

WP: J. Peavy (2-0)  LP: D. Lowe (2-1)

League Injuries:

S. Hairston(ARZ) - Out for 6 days with sprained wrist

Next Series: 2 games @ Milwalkee Brewers

Tomorrow's Matchup: Odalis Perez (2-0) vs. Doug Davis (1-1)

HOw do you remember everything that happened in the game and how do you know that people went like 3-4 and the pitcher pitched 7 innings. Do you just like write stuff down and then put it on here? I am looking to do something like you are for my dynasty but i dont no how everyone writes like a little story for each game.

What I do is: After the game is complete, I'll minimize the game by pressing the windows key. And then I'll sort through the pictures I took during the game and resize and save the two that I like the best. And then, I come in here and write the write-up going back and forth between the game and here.

You notice how it says, 'code:' above the box score? That signifies that it's a code box. What you do is: before you type what you want in the code box you type [co de]. Then when you are done, you type [/co de]. I hope that was a good explination - I'm not to good at explaining things.

EDIT: I had to put a space in the

so that it wouldn't create a code box.

Losing Streak Over at Three

izturisdivingcatch6ee.pngvalentingwhit3kh.png

(Above: Izturis saves a run with diving catch, Right: Valentin drives in go-ahead run in eighth.)

icon_la.gif Eric Gagne, who only had three total at-bats last year, got a crucial at-bat in the ninth inning of today's game. And to top it off, he got a single up the middle, then he scored the go-ahead run! Today was just his day, scoring the go ahead run in the ninth, and recording a two inning save to give the Dodgers a 4-3 win.

The Brewers held the lead in today's game every since the first inning when they scored on a Geoff Jenkins RBI single(0-1). They were able to score again in the sixth when Juinor Spivey hit a solo jack over the right field fence(0-2). But, things turned around in the seventh, when Jayson Werth hit a solo homer to lead off the inning, which was followed up with a RBI single by Paul Bako three batters later.

Odalis Perez started the eighth inning, but after walking the first two batters, Jim Tracy decided to bring in Gagne. He got the first batter to pop the ball up to Izturis, and the second batter to ground into a double play to end the inning. With Gagne batting second in the ninth, Tracy was left with a dilemma: leave Gagne in and let him hit, or take him out and put the ball in someone else's hands. So, Tracy decided to leave him in and let him hit. Good decision!

When Gagne came up to the plate, you would have never known that he was a closer in the major leagues, as he drove the ball to center field for a single. Izturis batted after him and hit a double into the right-center gap. Then J. D. Drew drove in Gagne on a ball hit back to the pitcher that hit him in the forearm.

Dodgers: 8-4

Brewers: 5-7

Hitting Notables:

J. Valentin: 2-3, 1 RBI, 1 BB

E. Gagne: 1-1, 1 Run

J. Hardy: 2-3

J. Spivey: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 7 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, 1 HR, 1.17 ERA, Win

E. Gagne: 2 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 1.93 ERA, Save

D. Davis: 7 IP, 3 ER, 8 H, 1 BB, 7 Ks, 1 HR, 4.22 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 1  4 12 0 

MIL  1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1  3 7  1

WP: O. Perez (3-0)  LP: D. Davis (1-2)  SV: E. Gagne (4)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jeff Weaver (0-0) vs. Victor Santos (0-0)

League Injuries:

C. Nageotte(SEA): Out for 15 days with a minor meniscus sprain.

Archived