Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, how do you do those uni switch things. They are awesome.:hail: :hail:

First, you have to find the portrait of the player you want to change unis. For This, we'll use Joe Borowski.

ph_111244.jpg

Now we'll say we want to change him to a Met.

First you have to fill in his collar black.

For all these edits I am using the VCW VicMan's photo editor.

Now it should look like this:

borowski11jw.jpg

Now we have two options. To change his hat, we either fill it in black and put a Mets logo or find a suitable cap.

The first image is one where I filled in the hat, and the other one is Carlos Beltran's hat transferred on to Borowski using paint.

borowski26ja.png

Yet Another Extra Inning Affair

divingvalentin1sv.pngmolinahomer7vh.png

(Above: Valentin makes one of many diving stops at third, Right: Molina hits game-winning homer in the tenth for Cards.)

icon_la.gif Jeff Weaver and Mark Mulder pitched wicked awesome games tonight for their respective ballclubs. Weaver went nine innings and allowed no runs on three hits while striking out three. And Mulder went eight innings and allowed no runs on three hits also, but he struck out five.

But, when neither team can hit the ball, you're going to have to settle it after hours. And in the tenth, the Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina hit a two run homer that barely cleared the glove of the outstreched J. D. Drew.

"I guess we were due for a bad game. Considering our bats have been wicked hot for the past couple of games. But let's hope that this isn't a sign of the future - hopefully it was just a minor bump in our road to the playoffs." This is what manager Jim Tracy told us after the game tonight.

Dodgers: 18-15

Cardinals: 20-13

Hitting Notables:

J. Valentin & J. Phillips: 1-3

Y. Molina: 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR (game-winner)

R. Sanders: 2-4, 1 Run, 1 SB

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 9 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 3 Ks, 0.47 ERA

M. Mulder: 8 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 5 Ks, 0.67 ERA

J. Isringhausen: 2.0 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 Ks, 3.00 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  R H E

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   0 3 0 

STL  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2   2 5 1

WP: J. Isringhausen (1-0)  LP: E. Jackson (0-2)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Brad Penny (1-4) vs. Adam Wainwright (1-2)

League Injuries:

Sean Burnett(PIT) - Out for 1-2 weeks for an inflamed left shoulder.

A Night at the Metro

drewhr4yk.pngsandershomer8ry.png

(Above & Right: Drew & Sanders both hit two home runs for their respective ballclubs tonight @ Metropolitan Stadium)

icon_la.gif What a night! The Dodgers and the Cardinals were fortunate enough to play the final game of their series at Metropolitan Stadium (the old Minnesota Twins stadium). And Brad Penny picked up his second win on the year, with the Dodgers beating the Cards 6-2 to take the series from the Cards 3 games to 1.

The Dodgers came out of the gate strong, scoring a run on a J. D. Drew groundout to second - driving in Carl Crawford, who stole second and then advanced to third on a throwing error by the pitcher. But, the lead didn't last for long. Reggie Sanders hit his first homer on the night in the bottom of the second to tie the game up at 1-1.

Then, in the top of the third, Drew hit a three run homer to right to give the Dodgers a 4-1 lead. In the seventh, Sanders continued his great game by hitting yet another opposite field homer off of Penny(4-2). But, Drew sealed the game off with his second homer on the night, this time it was a two run bomb to give the Dodgers the win 6-2.

Team Injury: Carl Crawford fractured his toe and will be out of action for 26 days. To take his place on the big league roster, catcher Dioner Navarro has been called up.

Dodgers: 19-15

Cardinals: 20-14

Hitting Notables:

J. Drew: 2-4, 6 RBI, 2 Runs, 2 HR

C. Crawford: 2-4, 1 Run, 1 SB

R. Sanders: 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 Runs, 2 HR

Pitching Notables:

B. Penny: 8 IP, 2 ER, 10 H, 2 Ks, 2 HR, 2.29 ERA, Win

A. Wainwright: 6 IP, 4 ER, 5 H, 4 Ks, 1 HR, 4.64 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

LAD  1 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 0  6 9  0 

STL  0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  2 11 1

WP: B. Penny (2-4)  LP: A. Wainwright (1-3)

Next Series: Home vs. Atlanta Braves

Tomorrow's Matchup: Scott Erickson (2-1) vs. Haracio Ramirez (1-3)

Werth is Beastly in L.A.

werth2runhr7ef.pnggagnesave1bh.png

(Above: Werth scores the Dodgers' only runs with two-run homer, Right: Gagne records his 7th save on the year.)

icon_la.gif It didn't seem as if the Dodgers were going to be able to get anything going tonight facing Horacio Ramirez and the Braves. As they had been no-hit until the fourth, but in that fourth they got three of their four hits - one of which was a two-run homer that drove in J. D. Drew.

That would be all that the Dodgers would score, but it would be barely enough. As the Braves would score in the seventh on a Johnny Estrada RBI triple, his second on the year, driving in Raul Mondesi. And in the ninth, Gagne came into the game and made it very interesting. As he allowed three hits that loaded the bases with one out. But he was able to strike out Johnny Estrada and get Tom Goodwin to ground out to short.

Dodgers: 20-15

Braves: 15-20

Hitting Notables:

J. Werth: 1-3, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

J. Estrada: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 3B

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 7 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 1 K, 2.92 ERA, Win

E. Gagne: 1 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 1 K, 3.55 ERA, Save

H. Ramirez: 7 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 3 Ks, 1 HR, 3.64 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

ATL  0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  1 7 0 

LAD  0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0  2 4 2

WP: S. Erickson (3-1)  LP: H. Ramirez (1-4)  SV: E. Gagne (7)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Derek Lowe (4-1) vs. John Smoltz (3-3)

League Injuries:

R. Oswalt(HOU) - Out for 15 days with a minor meniscus sprain.

O. Perez(PIT) - Out for 9 days with a minor concussion.

What a Game!

valentink5mh.pngkolbsv0zi.png

(Above: Valentin strikes out for the second time in the game, Right: Kolb gets his eleventh save on the year.)

icon_la.gif It was back-up corner outfielder Jason Grabowski who allowed the only run of the game to score. As he misplayed a line drive by Rafael Furcal badly to allow him to get an inside-the-park home run.

Neither team was able to do anything at the plate. With Derek Lowe and John Smoltz pitching outstanding games tonight. Lowe went the full nine innings, only giving up one run on five hits while striking out four. And Smoltz went eight innings, allowing no runs to score and only three hits while striking out seven Dodgers.

Kolb came in to the game in the ninth to attempt to record a save, while he did record the save - he made it very interesting. Allowing runners to get on first and third with only one out, but the Dodgers were unable to capitalize on the opportunity and Kolb received his eleventh save on the year.

Dodgers: 20-16

Braves: 16-20

Hitting Notables:

A. Perez: 1-4, 1 2B

R. Furcal: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR (inside the park)

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 9 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 4 Ks, 1.93 ERA, Loss

J. Smoltz: 8 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 7 Ks, 3.54 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

ATL  0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0  1 5 1 

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 3 0

WP: J. Smoltz (4-3)  LP: D. Lowe (4-2)  SV: D. Kolb (11)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Odalis Perez (4-0) vs. Mike Hampton (3-1)

I just created a web page with all the SavReader stuff with it for my dynasty. Check it out if you would like, it's the link below my sig. I'll update it after evrey series that I play, so it will be up-to-date with my dynasty page. :music1:

you also mentioned you recalled Dave Navarro when Carl Crawford was injured when it should be Dioner Navarro

lol, I think that I noticed that the same time that you did. After you mentioned the Lowe-Penny thing, I started to go back and check my other reports. Looks as if I need to lay off the drinking for a little while..... :pint:

How the heck did you get your dynasty so popular. Thats one of the reasons I stoped mine. It's no fun just having me post and post and post without any replies. Whats you secret? :shrug:

That's good question. I really don't know how & why it's so popular. Even if no one followed it, I would still probably write the game reports - I find it fun.

Dodgers Fallen

kentfallen4rs.pnggileshomergw2lz.png

(Above: Kent and the Dodgers fall flat on their respective faces, Right: Giles hits game-winning homer in the eleventh.)

icon_la.gif Odalis was just out of gas. Manager Jim Tracy left him in past the ninth inning, past the tenth, and into the eleventh. And in this infamous eleventh, Marcus Giles hit a two-run homer to win the game for the Braves - their second straight over the Dodgers.

It looked promising for the Dodgers, in the first they scored their only run on a Jayson Werth RBI single that drove in Cesar Izturis who, in his first at-bat of the game, hit a double. But, in the sixth, Rafael Furcal drove in pitcher Mike Hampton to tie the game at 1-1. And you all know what happened in the eleventh that won the game for the Braves.

Injury Report: The Dodgers shortstop Cesar Izturis separated his right shoulder and will be out of action for around 60 days. For right now, back-up middle infielder Antonio Perez will take his place at short, but Jose Flores has been called up from AAA and he will be given the chance to become the starter for the duration of Izturis' injury. This further cripples the injury ridden Dodgers as they now have three starters on the DL: Hee-Seop Choi, Carl Crawford, and now Cesar Izturis.

Dodgers: 20-17

Braves: 17-20

Hitting Notables:

C. Izturis: 2-3, 1 Run, 1 2B

M. Giles: 3-5, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 11 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 5 Ks, 1.35 ERA, Loss

M. Hampton: 7 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 6 Ks, 2.70 ERA, ND

D. Kolb: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 K, 4.28 ERA, Save

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  R H E

ATL  0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0  2   3 5 0 

LAD  1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0   1 7 2

WP: J. Powell (1-3)  LP: O. Perez (4-1)  SV: D. Kolb (12)

Next Series: Home vs. Florida Marlins

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jeff Weaver (3-1) vs. Al Lieter (2-4)

League Injuries:

B. Sheets(MIL) - Out for 14 days with a dislocated finger.

Archived