Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Penny Short

werthassist0lm.pngcaseyhomer3rk.png

(Above: Werth throws out Casey trying to stretch out a double, Right: Casey responds with a solo homer in third.)

icon_la.gif Brad Penny had a very shaky start tonight, but then settled down. But, the Dodger's offense wasn't able to save him though, as they lost to the Reds 3-1. In the first he gave up two RBI singles to Adam Dunn and Jason LaRue. And in the third, he gave up a solo shot to Sean Casey - this would be all that the Reds would get off Penny.

But, the Dodgers were unable to capitalize on key opportunities as they lost for the first time in their last four games. The Dodger's lone run was scored by Carl Crawford after he reached on a single and stole second. And when he tried to steal third - catcher, Jason LaRue, threw the ball away into left field and Crawford was able to score.

Three times the Dodgers had a runner on third with either one or two outs and they weren't able to score. "We can't leave runners on when they are in scoring position. We are going to have to string together two to three hits in a row if we are to win consitently." said manager Jim Tracy after the game.

Dodgers: 15-14

Reds: 17-12

Hitting Notables:

J. Kent: 2-4, 2 2B

S. Casey: 3-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

B. Penny: 7 IP, 3 ER, 8 H, 5 Ks, 2.30 ERA, Loss

R. Ortiz: 7 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 5 Ks, 5.55 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 6 0 

CIN  2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  3 8 2

WP: R. Ortiz (2-1)  LP: B. Penny (1-4)  SV: D. Graves (8)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Scott Erickson (1-1) vs. Damian Moss (1-1)

The Drew Crew

crawfordsteals2nd4xf.pngdrew456li.png

(Above: Crawford changes the game on the basepaths, Right: Drew goes 4-5 to carry the Dodgers to a win.)

icon_la.gif Right out of the gate the Dodgers knew that today was going to be a good day. They posted two runs in the first inning off of four hits to give the Dodgers an early 2-0 lead. But, they were quickly shot down by the Reds, as they put three runs on the board in the bottom of the first to give them a 3-2 lead after one inning.

But after that, the Dodgers were able to run away with the game. Scoring a run in the third to tie the game up at three. And they would score two more runs in the fifth. The Reds were able to score a run in the seventh on a solo homer by D'Angelo Jimenez. But the Dodgers were quick to respond by scoring two runs in the eighth to seal a 7-4 victory over the Reds.

"This is how I've expected us to play all year. These were our expectations coming into 2005. If we can keep this up, look out Padres!" This coming from right fielder J. D. Drew who went 4-5 in today game with three runs scored.

Dodgers: 16-14

Reds: 17-13

Hitting Notables:

J. Drew: 4-5, 1 RBI, 3 Runs, 1 2B

C. Crawford: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 BB, 2 SB

D. Jimenez: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 2 2B, 1 HR

S. Casey: 3-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 5 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 3 Ks, 3.60 ERA, Win

Dodger's Bullpen: 4 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 6 Ks, 1 HR

D. Moss: 4 IP, 5 ER, 10 H, 2 BB, 2 Ks, 5.76 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

LAD  2 0 1 0 2 0 0 2 0  7 16 0 

CIN  3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  4 8  0

WP: S. Erickson (2-1)  LP: D. Moss (1-2)  SV: E. Gagne (6)

Next Series: @ St. Louis Cardinals

Tomorrow's Matchup: Derek Lowe (3-1) vs. Chris Carpenter (3-2)

Well, I've adjusted my sliders a tad so I can start winning a little bit more than I lose. And Crawford has 19 steals, I think - but I do know that he is leading the majors in SB. He would have a lot more but he was injured for a couple of weeks to begin the year and he's just now coming back.

Lowe Knows Baseball

loweks1um.pngdrewhomer29yw.png

(Above: Lowe nearly perfect as he throws a one-hitter, Right: Drew hits his second homer on the year.)

icon_la.gif Lowe was feeling it. He was nearly untouched until the eighth inning. But, with one out in the eighth - Reggie Sanders got a single right past the diving Jeff Kent to break up the perfect game. "It doesn't matter all that much. I'm helping my team to win and that's all I care about." said Lowe after the game.

Everyone in the Dodger's lineup reached base at least once in tonight's game against the Cardinals. J. D. Drew continued to impress, going 3-4 with a home run and a double tonight. And Paul Bako, back-up catcher to Jason Phillips, went 3-4 with two RBIs.

Some bad news came from tonight's game, though. First baseman, Hee-Seop Choi, suffered a dislocated finger and will be out for eleven days. He will be replaced by back-up Olmedo Seanz. Seanz has played pretty well this year in the few at bats that he's had. But, Choi will be sorely missed in the next week and a half.

Dodgers: 17-14

Cardinals: 19-12

Hitting Notables:

J. Drew: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B, 1 HR

P. Bako: 3-4, 3 RBI, 1 Run

R. Sanders: 1-3, (Cards lone hit)

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 9 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 7 Ks, 1.45 ERA, Win

C. Carpenter: 6 IP, 5 ER, 10 H, 1 K, 2.92 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

LAD  0 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 0  6 13 0 

STL  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 1  0

WP: D. Lowe (4-1)  LP: C. Carpenter (3-3)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Odalis Perez (4-0) vs. Jason Marquis (2-2)

Crazy Night In St. Louis

cardpujols6iz.pngphillipshomer4mf.png

(Above: Pujols hits 2-run homer in ninth to rally Cards, Right: Phillips hits go-ahead homer in 15th to win the game.)

icon_la.gif There are no words that can describe tonight's game: Crazy, Bizarre, Ludicrous, Wild. I don't think that these quite describe what happened.

The game looked to be in the Dodgers' hands as Carl Crawford and Jeff Kent both scored in the first inning. But, the Cardinals responded in the fifth, scoring two runs on a Scott Rolen two-run homer off of Odalis Perez. Then, in the ninth, the Dodgers looked like they had put the game in the bag, as they scored three runs to give them a 5-2 lead.

Eric Gagne was brought into the game, and he had been exceptional until tonight. As he gave up three runs, two on a homer by Albert Pujols, and another on a Reggie Sanders RBI double driving in Jim Edmonds. So, this would force the game into extra innings.

In extras, the Cardinals were shut down, as they were only able to get three hits in six innings. But, the Dodgers on the other hand, had a bunch of chances and they just couldn't come through. But, in the top of the 15th, Jason Phillips picked a super time to hit his first homer on the year, to put the Dodgers ahead 6-5. Edwin Jackson came into the game to record his first save on the year, as he pitched the bottom of the 15th very well.

Dodgers: 18-14

Cardinals: 19-13

Hitting Notables:

C. Izturis: 4-8, 1 RBI, 2 SB

J. Kent: 2-7, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

A. Pujols: 4-5, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 BB, 1 HR

S. Rolen: 3-7, 2 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 7 IP, 2 ER, 9 H, 2 BB, 8 Ks, 1.29 ERA

E. Gagne: 2 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 2 Ks, 1 HR, 3.86 ERA, BS

J. Marquis: 7 IP, 2 ER, 8 H, 1 K, 3.56 ERA

J. Isringhausen: .2 IP, 3 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 3.86 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  R H  E

LAD  2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0  0  0  0  0  1   6 19 0 

STL  0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3 0  0  0  0  0  0   5 17 1

WP: W. Alvarez (1-2)  LP: J. Suppan (0-1)  SV: E. Jackson (1)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jeff Weaver (3-1) vs. Mark Mulder (5-0)

*Trade Report*

Los Angeles Recieved:

Britt Reames from the Oakland Athletics. He will be the fifth starter for the Las Vegas 51's.

lad.jpg

Oakland Recieved:

Alquilino Lopez from the Los Angeles Dodgers. He will replace Reames as the third starter on the Sacramento River Cats.

oak.jpg

Archived