Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in Our House

leescores4fg.pngwerthrobshomer2bq.png

(Above: Lee advances to third on error, then scores; Right: Werth keeps the game respectable by robbing a homer.)

icon_la.gif The Dodgers were unable to take the two game series @ Milwalkee today by losing a great game 2-1. Jeff Weaver pitched outstanding, going six innings and only giving up two runs (one earned) on four hits. But Santos and the Brewers were just a scosh better. With Santos going six innings and giving up one run on five hits.

The Dodgers have been unable to score runs when it counts the past week (except for yesterday). Scoring in the first inning on a RBI single by Jeff Kent driving in Cesar Izturis, but that would be all they would score today. In the second, Jose Valentin made a costly throwing error allowing Carlos Lee to advance to third on a routine ground ball. He would score when the next batter, Russel Branyan drove him in on a sac-fly to left. They would add one more run in the sixth on a RBI double by Junior Spivey.

Hopefully, thing will start to turn around for the Dodgers, as center fielder, Carl Crawford, will be returning to the lineup after tomorrow game. On the flip-side, they have to go to San Diego and play the Padres who swept them at home earlier on in the year.

Dodgers: 8-5

Brewers: 6-7

Hitting Notables:

J. Werth & J. Phillips: 2-4

J. Spivey: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 2B

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 6 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 0.86 ERA, Loss

V. Santos: 6 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 K, 1.37 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 9 1 

MIL  0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0  2 5 0

WP: V. Santos (1-0)  LP: J. Weaver (0-1)  SV: M. Adams (2)

Next Series: @ San Diego Padres

Tomorrow's Matchup: Brad Penny (0-1) vs. Woddy Williams (0-1)

League Injuries:

C. Delgado(FLA): Out for 20 days with a strained left forearm.

Hey Spivey, sorry I'm so late @ posting in here, but you KNOW I gotta follow this one, especially since my twin already has 4 saves! LMAO! Anyways, keep up the good work, and bring a title to LA!

PS: I'm jealous of you and your damn video card :lol: I hate my bright players! :angry: But hey, I could spend the extra $$$, but I'd rather pay off my car, so it looks like I'm stuck with those bright guys.

PS: I'm jealous of you and your damn video card :lol: I hate my bright players! :angry: But hey, I could spend the extra $$$, but I'd rather pay off my car, so it looks like I'm stuck with those bright guys.

Hey, I agree with you totally. I'd rather pay off my car than I would like to buy a miniscule video card.

Unbelievable

leadoffhomer4hd.pngwilliamspitching0id.png

(Above: Mark Loretta leads off the game with homer, Right: Woody Williams throws a three hitter.)

icon_la.gif Down 1-2 in the count, Brad Penny throws a 97 MPH fastball up and away from Loretta. Unscaved by the speed, Loretta hits an opposite field home run to give the Padres their only run of the game, and the only run for both teams.

Both pitchers pitched exceptional games tonight, with both Penny and Williams going eight innings. Penny only allowed that one run to score on five hits, but he was only able to record one strike out. Williams, on the other hand, gave up no runs on three hits and he struck out eight Dodgers.

"When you only give up one run, you expect to win the game," said Penny, "But, I guess when you have an offense that can only get you three hits, then you're not going to win too many ballgames." One of the three hits tonight came from pinch hitter, Antonio Perez who lead off the ninth inning with a double to left field. The next batter hit a ground ball to second, that allowed him to advance to third with only one out. But, in typical Dodger fashion, they were unable to bring him in to tie the game.

Dodgers: 8-6

Padres: 11-4

Hitting Notables:

A. Perez: 1-1, 1 2B

M. Loretta: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

B. Penny: 8 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 K, 1 HR, 2.70 ERA, Loss

W. Williams: 8 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 8 Ks, 5.06 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 3 0 

SD   1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 5 0

WP: W. Williams (1-1)  LP: B. Penny (0-2)  SV: T. Hoffman (4)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Scott Erickson (1-0) vs. Steve Sparks (2-0)

Team News:

Carl Crawford(CF) will return to the starting lineup as he has recovered from his injury

Werth Four Million Dollars

iswearitsthisbig5im.pngwerthgs6qx.png

(Above: Bochy tells the ump "I swear, it's this big!" Right: Werth hits grand slam in 13th to give the Dodgers win.)

icon_la.gif Werth comes through in the clutch for the Los Angeles Dodgers once again. This time by hitting a grand slam in the top of the 13th to give the Dodgers their first win over the San Diego Padres this year. "Hammond threw me an inside change-up, right then I knew it was going about 600 feet." said Werth who has just annililated left handed pitching this year.

Steve Sparks and Scott Erickson pitched very well tonight, each only giving up two runs in 6+ innings. Sparks continued his domination of Dodger batters with that disgusting knuckleball - striking out nine batters. After the starters left, it was a battle of the bullpens, a battle in which the Dodgers won!

On an extra note, Ryan Klesko continued his Dodger mashing ways, going 3-5 with a two run homer in the fourth. Also, Carl Crawford struggled in his first game back going 1-6, but he did have two RBIs that tied the game for the Dodgers in the seventh.

Dodgers: 9-6

Padres: 11-5

Hitting Notables:

J. Werth: 4-6, 4 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 GS

H. Choi: 4-6, 2 Runs

R. Klesko: 3-5, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 6 IP, 2 ER, 7 H, 1 BB, 1 HR, 2.70 ERA

Dodger's Bullpen: 7 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 3 Ks

S. Sparks: 7 IP, 2 ER, 9 H, 9 Ks, 1.17 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  R H  E

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0  0  0  4   6 16 0 

SD   0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0  0  0  0   2 9  0

WP: G. Carrara (1-0)  LP: C. Hammond (1-1)

Next Series: 3 games @ Colorado Rockies

Tomorrow's Matchup: Derek Lowe (2-1) vs. Jason Jennings (0-1)

League Injuries:

Craig Counsell(ARI) - Out for 6 days with a sprained wrist.

Highway to Helton

raiseyourhands8sd.pngheltongwhomer6th.png

(Above: Werth tells Choi to "Raise your hands if you're sure!" Right: Helton celebrates with style after his game winning homer.)

icon_la.gif With the game tied at one, and with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning. Todd Helton knows what he has to do - he has to hit the game winning home run. No biggy, just hit a opposite field homer to win the game for the now 5-11 Rockies.

Each team scored their first runs in the third inning. The Dodgers scored off of a Carl Crawford RBI double and the Rockies scored off of, you guessed it, a home run by third basemen Ian Stewart. Each pitcher pitched great games today. Both going seven innings and both only giving up one run and striking out four.

"We had a couple of reserves in today to give the starters some much needed rest. Obviously it was a bad idea to put four non-starters in at once." said manager Jim Tracy after the game.

Dodgers: 9-7

Rockies: 5-11

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 2B

P. Bako: 2-3, 1 Run

T. Helton: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

I. Stewart: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 7 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 4 Ks, 1 HR, 1.16 ERA

J. Jennings: 7 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 Ks, 3.80 ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 4 0 

COL  0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1  2 5 0

WP: B. Kim (1-1)  LP: W. Alvarez (0-1)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Odalis Perez (3-0) vs. Joe Kennedy (0-2)

*Mid-Season Call Up*

dodgers_nationals_300.jpg

icon_la.gif The Dodger’s manager Jim Tracy decided to call up young hurler Edwin Jackson who has pitched quite well for their AAA affiliate the Las Vegas 51’s. Jackson was 2-0 with a 2.76 ERA in the minor’s before he was called up. The Dodgers chose to send down D. J. Houlton to get him a little more minor league experience before putting him back on the major league club. He was 0-0 with a 12.00 ERA before he was sent down.

Double the Fun

choidiving4qv.pngheltonhomer2my.png

(Above: Choi robs a hit down the line, Right: Helton does it again.)

icon_la.gif The Dodgers can't win for losing. As they broke the 0-0 tie in the seventh on a double-play that allowed Jeff Kent to score. But in the bottom of the inning, Matt Holliday and Todd Helton hit back-to-back jacks to give the Rockies their second straight win over the Dodgers.

Joe Kennedy pitched a very good game tonight, going seven innings and only giving up one run on three hits while striking out seven. He even took a no-hitter into the sixth inning; the reason it wouldn't have been a perfecto - he walked four batters. Odalis didn't pitched too shabby himself, going six innings (pulled for pinch hitter with runner on third) and giving up no runs on nine hits and striking out four.

Giovanna Carrara was brought in to relieve Perez and he was only able to go 2/3 of an inning - giving up the back to back homers in the seventh. "It's upsetting, to say the least. I've had a quality year until tonight - I guess I was due."

Dodgers: 9-8

Rockies: 6-11

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 1-3, 1 run, 1 2B

T. Helton: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

M. Holliday: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 6 IP, 0 ER, 9 H, 4 Ks, 0.93 ERA

J. Kennedy: 7 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 4 BB, 7 Ks, 3.04 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

LAD  0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  1 4  0 

COL  0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0  2 12 0

WP: J. Kennedy (1-2)  LP: G. Carrara (1-1) SV: B. Kim (1)

Tomorrow's Matchup: Jeff Weaver (0-1) vs. TBA

Unbe-'Weave'-able

valentinediving8rv.pngweaverhomer7mj.png

(Above: Valentin robs a hit down the line, Right: Weaver hits a two-run homer in the seventh.)

icon_la.gif Jeff Weaver can do it all. First he throws a five hit shut-out - and then, he hits a two-run homer in the top of the seventh to seal a win for the Dodgers. "I was in a zone, it was like I couldn't go wrong the whole day."

The Dodgers started the scoring in the third on a RBI double by Carl Crawford that drove in Jason Phillips - who previously hit one of his two doubles. They scored again in the fourth, this time on a RBI single by Hee-Seop Choi and another double by Phillips. The Dodgers knew that it was their day when Weaver hit a two run homer to give the Dodgers a 5-0 shutout over the Rockies to avoid being swept.

"I hope that this is a sign of things to come," said manager Jim Tracy, "If we can keep this up, I think that we'll do very well this year - I hope I didn't just jinx us!"

Dodgers: 10-8

Rockies: 6-12

Hitting Notables:

J. Phillips: 3-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 2 2B

J. Weaver: 1-3, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

T. Helton: 2-4

Pitching Notables:

J. Weaver: 9 IP, 0 ER, 5 H, 6 Ks, 0.60 ERA, Win

A. Cook: 6.1 IP, 5 ER, 9 H, 2 Ks, 4.73 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

LAD  0 0 1 2 0 0 2 0 0  5 9 1 

COL  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 5 0

WP: J. Weaver (1-1)  LP: A. Cook (1-1)

Next Series: Home vs. Arizona Diamondback

Tomorrow's Matchup: Brad Penny (0-2) vs. Brad Halsey(0-1)

Archived