Game Over......A Dodgers Dynasty

Spivey11

Look at the numbers behind the plat; only Jayson Werth is having a solid season, the rest is just pitching and defense...

I didn't pay attention to that. The highest RBI for a player is 38 by Jayson Werth. In my Dynasty I can't hit HR for the life of me with Werth, it's pretty easy with Drew since his hot spots are all in the middle & top right corner

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodgers' Mid-Season Report

Position Players:

C - Jason Phillips

Catching has been a relatively weak spot for the Dodgers this year. With Phillips' .218 average, 2 home runs, 19 runs batted in, and 15 runs scored - Phillips hasn't impressed Jim Tracy or GM Splawn this year.

C - Dioner Navarro

Dioner was impressive when he was first called up from the minor's, but now he's started to trail off as the big league pitchers have figured out how to pitch to him. In 79 at-bats, Navarro has a .215 average with 1 homer, 4 runs batted in, and 3 runs scored. Expect Navarro to be the catcher of the future for Los Angeles as Phillips isn't going to be with Los Angeles for too long.

1B - Hee-Seop Choi

Choi has shown that he has to potential to be one of the great first basemen in the majors. If he could only harness his power that he has, the sky is the limit on this young man. He leads the team with a .298 average, has 4 homers, 30 runs batted in, and 18 runs scored.

1B - Olmedo Saenz

Olmedo has been everything that the Dodgers have wanted and then some. As he only starts against left handed pitchers, he provides this team with a quality bat off the bench against righties. In 101 at-bats, he has a .248 average with 6 homers, 15 runs batted in, and 7 runs scored.

2B - Jeff Kent

Kent has been injured for a little over half on this season with a hernia, as he's only played in 50 games this year. But in those games, he's done well - going .246, with 4 homers, 14 runs batted in, and 18 runs scored.

2B - Pete Orr

Orr has been a blessing to this ball team. As they got him in a trade with Atlanta when Kent got hurt. He did very well as an everyday player, his first major league hit was a homer against the Giants to send the game into extra innings. In 144 at-bats, Pete has a .292 average with 2 homers, 10 runs batted in, and 16 runs scored. He also is second on the team in stolen bases with 19.

3B - Andy Marte

The Dodgers aquired Marte in a minor league deal with the Braves during the middle of the season. When they traded away Jose Valentin, Marte became the everyday third baseman. Marte has done well in his rookie season, going .278 with 4 homers, 11 runs batted in, and 14 runs scored.

SS - Cesar Izturis

Izturis, like Kent, has been injured for most of the first half. Playing in only 36 games this year, Izturis has a .273 average, 0 homers, 13 runs batted in, and 12 runs scored. He also has 4 stolen bases on the year.

LF - Jayson Werth

What to say? Werth has been the one shining star in the Dodgers' outfield. He has 10 more homers than anyone else on the team and he leads them in RBIs. He already surpased his carrer high in at-bats (298) and hits (79), and his 16 homers ties a carrer high.

LF - Jason Grabowski

Grabowski has done okay as a back-up left fielder in his second year as a Dodger. He only has 54 at-bats and has a .222 average with 1 run batted in, and 3 runs scored.

CF - Carl Crawford

When Carl isn't hurt, he's been great. But he's only been able to play in 54 games this year, as he's gone down three times with injuries. He has a .248 average, 1 homer, 17 runs batted in, 40 runs scored, and leads the majors with 49 stolen bases as the Dodgers' lead-off hitter.

CF - Ricky Ledee

Ledee has been given a chance to prove himself this year, with various injuries to the Dodgers' outfielders. And, to be quite frank, he hasn't done too hot. In 54 games, he only has a .211 average, 11 runs batted in, and 5 runs scored.

RF - J. D. Drew

A recent injury to Drew will have him out for about two weeks, but he has done pretty good this half season. Playing nearly everyday, Drew has a .269 average, 6 homers, 37 runs batted in, and 32 runs scored. Even though his power numbers are down from the past couple of seasons, he's puting the ball in play and he's giving other Dodgers chances.

Hey Spivey - I'm not to my All Star break yet but Jayson Werth is my HR leader too w/14. Jeff Kent is out for like 76 games w/an acl sprain but antonio perez and mike edwards have filled in nicely. Just some other notes, mine vs. yours...catching has been terrible for me too. Bako is better than expected at the plate though. I just traded Phillips and a minor leaguer for Toby Hall. He's only played 2 games so far but doubled for a rbi his 1st at bat as a Dodger. Rickey Ledee is pitaful on my dynasty too. I would've sent him down a long time ago but Grabowski (who's already up b/c of injuires) is my only other left handed bat from AAA. Good luck...I really enjoy reading about your dynasty w/the Dodgers

Dodgers' Mid-Season Report

Pitchers:

SP - Derek Lowe

Lowe has been outstanding this year in his first year with the Dodgers, better yet - his first year in the National League. In 133 innings, Lowe has a 1.56 ERA, 11 wins, 111 strikeouts, and .179 average against. And, oh yeah, he started the All-Star game too.

SP - Odalis Perez

There's pretty much nothing else that I can say for Perez than what was said for Lowe. He has a 1.36 ERA, 8 wins, 101 strike outs, and a .191 average against. He's currently on pase to break carrer highs in wins and strike outs.

SP - Jeff Weaver

Weaver might just be having the best year out of all the Dodgers' starting pitchers. For quite some time, he lead the league in ERA. In 139 innings pitched, Jeff has a 1.10 ERA, 9 wins, 95 strike outs, and a .202 average against. There is no doubt, barring injury, that Weaver will break his carrer high in wins this year.

SP - Scott Erickson

Erickson has exceeded the Dodgers' expectations this year - by far! In 89.2 innnings, Scott has a 2.51 ERA, 8 wins, 40 strike outs, and a .259 average against. Erickson will most likely move up in the rotation to become the 4th starter instead of 5th.

SP - Jarrod Washburn

Washburn has done pretty good since he was aquired by Los Angeles during the middle of the season, but he hasn't gotten any run support. As a Dodger, he has pitched 52 innings with a 2.25 ERA, 2 wins, and a .249 average against. Jarrod has been involved in a few trade rumors that are coming out of the Dodgers' front office.

RP - Elmer Dessens

Dessens hasn't seen too much action coming out of the bullpen, but when he comes out he rarely dissapoints. In 26 innings pitched, he has a 2.77 ERA, 2 wins, 22 strike outs, and a .227 average against.

RP - Britt Reames

Reames has been a very bright spot for the Dodgers this year. At one point in time, he went 20+ innings without giving up a single run. He's already tied his carrer high in wins (4) and set a new carrer record with 1 save. In 44.2 innings, Reames has a 2.22 ERA, 4 wins, 43 strike outs, and a .180 average against/

RP - Wilson Alvarez

Alvarez has had a nice long carrer, and it looks like he might be towards the end of it. In 31.1 innings, Wilson has a 2.87 ERA, 1 win, 23 strike outs, and a .256 average against. 15 years might just be it for Alvarez, unless some other team wants to take a chance on him next year.

RP - Giovanni Carrara

Carrara hasn't been a bright spot in the Dodgers' bullpen this year. In his second year as a Dodgers, Carrara has a 4.24 ERA, 2 wins, 13 strike outs, and a .261 average against in 17 innings pitched.

RP - Duaner Sanchez

Sanchez has done well in the little time that he's been able to show his skills. In 12.2 innings, he has a 1.42 ERA, 1 win, 9 strike outs, and a .205 average against.

SU - Yhency Brazoban

Brazoban has had his moments this year in which he has done exceptional and then he can be extremely horrible. In 19.2 innings pitched, he has a 5.49 ERA, 0 wins, 18 strike outs, and a .250 average against.

CL - Eric Gagne

Gagne has done his job this year, and that's about all that one can say about him. In 34.1 innings pitched, he has a 2.36 ERA, 27 saves, 44 strike outs, and a .230 average against.

All Hail Cesar!

Tonight's Match-Up: Jarrod Washburn (5-7) vs. Jerome Williams (3-7)

carlcesar2th.png

(Above: Crawford hits two triples in tonight's game, one that lead to Right: Izturis' go ahead RBI single in the top of the eighth.)

icon_la.gif By the way Cesar Izturis played tonight, you would have never thought that he had missed nearly two months with an injury. He drove in two of the Dodgers' three runs, both times bringing in Carl Crawford who hit a triple ahead of him.

The Dodgers started off the scoring in the bottom of the third when Jarrod Washburn hit a single with two outs and scored on Crawford's first triple of the day. Crawford then scored on an Izturis sacrifice fly to put the Dodgers up 2-0. But, San Francisco would score a lone run in the top of the fourth on a Moises Alou solo homer that would cut the lead in half.

The Giants would tie the game up in the sixth on another RBI by Alou, this time driving in Barry Bonds on a RBI double. In the eighth, the Dodgers would seal the deal, with Crawford leading off the inning with a triple and Izturis driving him on a RBI single to right to give the Dodgers the 3-2 win over their division rival San Francisco.

Dodgers: 51-38

Giants: 43-45

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 2 3B(11)

C. Izturis: 2-3, 2 RBI

M. Alou: 3-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B, 1 HR(16)

Pitching Notables:

J. Washburn: 7 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 5 Ks, 1 HR, 3.36 ERA

W. Alvarez: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 K, 2.78 ERA, Win

J. Williams: 6 IP, 2 ER, 7 H, 2 Ks, 7.63 ERA

J. Foppert: 1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 K, 1.71 ERA, Loss

Box Score

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

SF  0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0  2 7 0

LAD 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0  3 9 0

W: W. Alvarez (2-4)  L: J. Foppert (4-3)  SV: E. Gagne (27)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Scott Erickson (8-3) vs. Noah Lowry (6-4)

Scotty Too Hottie

saenzcarl9gh.png

(Above: Saenz hits 7th homer on the year in the fourth, Right: Crawford scores two runs tonight using his speed.)

icon_la.gif Scott Erickson continued to pitch very well in tonight's game. Going six innings, allowing only three hits and no runs while striking out four Giants. He did get a little help from his offense too, which never hurts. Every starter, except for Ricky Ledee, had at least one hit in the second game versus San Francisco.

The Dodgers started scoring quickly, as Carl Crawford lead off the game with a single and then proceeded to steal second base. With Cesar Izturis batting, manager Jim Tracy called for the hit-and-run. So with Crawford running, Izturis hit a ground ball to short and Crawford was able to score on Izturis' out.

Olmedo Saenz would hit his seventh homer on the year, all against southpaws, in the fourth inning, this would put the Dodgers up 2-0. Crawford would score again in the fifth, this time on a Izturis sacrifice fly to Barry Bonds.

Two more insurance runs would be added in the seventh to give the Dodgers a commanding 5-0 lead and eventual shutout of the Giants.

Dodgers: 52-38

Giants: 43-46

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 2-5, 2 Runs, 3 SB(52)

C. Izturis: 2-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run

O. Saenz: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(7)

O. Vizquel & J. Snow: 1-4

Pitching Notables:

S. Erickson: 6 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 4 Ks, 2.35 ERA, Win

B. Reames: 2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 2 Ks, 2.12 ERA

Y. Brazoban: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 2 Ks, 5.23 ERA

N. Lowry: 6 IP, 5 R, 3 ER, 9 H, 2 Ks, 1 HR, 4.70 ERA, Loss

J. Foppert: 2 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 3 Ks, 1.65 ERA

Box Score

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

SF  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 4  1

LAD 1 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 0  5 11 2

W: S. Erickson (9-3)  L: N. Lowry (6-5)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Derek Lowe (11-3) vs. Brett Tomko (2-5)

League Injuries:

D. Marte(CWS) - Out for 61 days with a fractured left leg.

i'm still trying to pitch with decency,any like tips?

I just try to mix things up and I always try and keep the ball away from the batter. Plus, if I'm way ahead in the count (0-2, 1-2) - I'll throw it out of the strike zone to try and make them fish for it.

plus do u tune down the cpu's batting contact/swing frequency?thanks

Nope.

Kent Saves the Day

kentchoi8sj.png

(Above: Kent hits two run homer in 7th to give Dodgers lead, Right: Choi makes an increadible diving catch.)

icon_la.gif Tonight's game was your typical pitcher's dual. With both teams combining to have only eight hits, the Giants with three and the Dodgers with five.

The Giants started early in tonight's game, with Barry Bonds hitting a solo homer in the first to give San Francisco the early 1-0 lead. It looked as if this was going to be enough, as the Dodgers just couldn't get anything going all night.

But, in the bottom of the seventh, Cesar Izturis lead off the inning with a single to center field. And then Jeff Kent came up to the plate, and on the first pitch he saw he hit a homer over the left field wall. This would put Los Angeles up 2-1 and give them their third straight win after the All-Star break.

Dodgers: 53-38

Giants: 43-47

Hitting Notables:

J. Kent: 2-3, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(5)

B. Bonds: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR(32)

Pitching Notables:

D. Lowe: 8 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 3 Ks, 1 HR, 1.53 ERA, Win

E. Gagne: 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 K, 2.23 ERA, Save

B. Tomko: 8 IP, 3 ER, 5 H, 2 Ks, 1 HR, 3.62 ERA, Loss

Box Score

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

SF  1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 3 0

LAD 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0  2 5 0

W: D. Lowe (12-3)  L: B. Tomko (2-6)  SV: E. Gagne (29)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Odalis Perez (8-2) vs. Jason Schmidt (10-4)

League News:

D. Graves(CIN) - Supsended for 6 days for undisclosed reasons.

seems like quite a few of us are jacking them out with Jayson Werth. I finished my season with him having 68 bombs. Bradley got MVP and ODP got cy young. had a good offseason. got rid of carrara, he hated being there anyways. made mistake of letting cpu "finish" signing free agents, and it picked up washburn for like 6 mil/year. traded his tail for derek lee. just finished spring training an hour ago and am ranked in top 8 in all 4 categories, and ranked #1 overall. here's how it looks:

lineup:

SS Cesar Izturis

1B Derek Lee (offseason acq.)

RF J.D. Drew

3B Wily Mo Pena (signed as free agent, cinci dropped)

2B Jeff Kent

LF Jayson Werth *

CF Milton Bradley *

C Dioner Navaro

P

*=interchangable

not a bad lineup methinks

Bench:

2B Rickie Weeks (midseason trade acq.)

SS Joel Guzman (promoted)

C Jason Philips (demoted to bench)

1B Hee Seop Choi (demoted to bench)

OF Grab-*** (grabowski, promoted)

Rotation:

1 Derrek Lowe

2 ODP

3 Jeff Weaver

4 Brad Penny

5 E-Jack

Pen:

LRP Frank Brooks (promoted)

LRP Felix Hernandez (trade deadline acq.)

MRP Kelly Wunsch

MRP Duaner Sanchez

MRP Brazoban

SU Scott Shields (offseason acq.)

CP Gagne

San Fran Gets Served

odaliscarl4sp.png

(Above: Perez throws six shutout innings for Dodgers, Right: Crawford drives in two with triple in eighth.)

icon_la.gif San Francisco never had a chance tonight against Odalis Perez, as he never let a runner get past second and only allowed four hits.

Los Angeles started scoring quickly, with Carl Crawford leading off the game with a single to center and he then stole second and third base. Cesar Izturis drove Crawford in with a RBI single to left to put the Dodgers up 1-0. The Dodgers would score again in the sixth inning, with Izturis scoring on a Pedro Feliz throwing error.

In the bottom of the eighth, the Dodgers would score two more runs, this time on a Crawford two RBI triple, driving in Jason Phillips and pinch hitter, Pete Orr.

Dodgers: 54-38

Giants: 43-48

Hitting Notables:

C. Crawford: 2-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 3B(12), 2 SB(55)

C. Izturis: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 SB(5)

R. Durham: 2-4

Pitching Notables:

O. Perez: 6 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 6 Ks, 1.30 ERA, Win

B. Reames: 2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 K, 2.03 ERA

J. Schmidt: 7 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 1 K, 3.34 ERA, Loss

Box Score

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

SF  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 4 1

LAD 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0  4 6 0

W: O. Perez (9-2)  L: J. Schmidt (10-5)

Tomorrow's Match-Up: Off Day

League News & Injuries:

J. Thome(PHI) - Supsended for 6 days for hitting player on another team.

T. Hudson(ATL) - Out for 17 days with a fractured left hand.

Archived