Uncle Mo's Open Feedback for "CHANT MOD MADE EASY!&quot

UncleMo

Well, this modd was to be the big shabang but I'm thinking of doing some other ones so therefore please post your ideas and concerns here. If this modd is not that important (and I feel it isn't) then it is ok as well.

It's a good mod.

Something I'm interested in is having a mod that just makes a loop of fan noises all the time so you never hear it dead quiet. Like an entire ballpark noise, then the natural EA Sports sounds would get louder when necessary.

I hate when it's dead quiet, it's like it drops from 80 thousand people to zero in 10 seconds. And the crowd cheering for every ball and strike in irrelevant games in the third inning is very unrealistic. They shouldn't care 90% of the time.

If you watch a ballgame there is consant noise from the stands, thats what I'd like to hear.

Your mod, Mo, definitely helps this some... What I just wrote about I'm not sure if it's possible, if it is though, it would improve the audio ingame 10 fold. I'm going to inspect the datafile, it's possible something is in there.

I appreciate any comments good or bad.

1. Hilltopper is only partly right. The sounds were not as loud because they HAD to blend into the crowd so you got what you got as a perfected version.

As for Nick all I can say is "ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open unto you". I'm already leaning toward that but I will take my time. I must

1.Extract ALL sounds

2.Convert the files

3.Listen to the files and put them in folders so as to know what they are

4.compare with my FIFA 05 sounds (and do 1-3 with those as well) and see what FIFA sounds can replace MVP sounds so as to sound apart of the game.

PROBLEM: One criticism, from my bud Expos4Ever, is that it may take the ballpark feel away and make it feel like a soccor game. I will only know if this is a true problem or not. I'm a baseball fan that wishes my team had fans like NYY or Boston fans. Crazy. Loud. In your face. In the game even when they're losing. That is the point. Lord willing, Nick D and I will have what we want.

If this is something you all would like please say so. If it is only a few, I may not go forward with that mod. I'd call the mod PHAT CHANTERS. Only so when I'm done I can say "May I present to you, Phat Chanters" in a Dr. Evil voice lol. How about this "Total Crowd Conversion". That sounds better. Let me know if you'd like that kind of mod. Thanks. Mo.

Joltin Joe, thanks, me and you agree too much (from what I can tell in all forums) so I'll have to ignore your praises so I won't get a big head. :oops:

:mrgreen:

I like the Total Crowd Conversion name better, It sounds like you have a road you're following already and I wish you luck.

Though one idea for sounds maybe if Fifa doesn't yeild the right sounds, is listen to a game on MLB.com or watch a game and record the noise from there. Make a couple of those and combine them for the mod. Convert to ast or whatever it is in MVP. I'm not sure if this would work but it would certainly get great results if it did work, I would think ... Barring any technical problems. (like conversion problems or size restrictions I'm not aware of)

I've yet to snoop in the datafile this year. I was deep in it last year in MVP 2004 and could never keep my nose out of it and I understand it's even bigger this year. THere's an entry for batter walk up volume so why not for other aspects of the game? Maybe a mod won't even be necessary if we can tweak it alittle.

After a quick look some of these variables look promising. Have you tried playing with any of these Rod? There's a couple bat variables in there ...

0x9a0b3b52 127 1;110 FE_CheerVol%;92 TimerVol%;44 CheerAfterOh%;39 BooVol%;20 RegCatchVol%;19 BatSwingVol%;85 MissGridVol%;78 RoundFailed%;42 BooAfterOh%;34 CrowdIntroTranVol%;3 PAVolume%;118 BlocksReplaceVol%;114 FE_OhVol%;73 FoulPoleVol%;64 RewardSfxVol%;49 CheerShortAppVol%;41 OhBooVol%;21 RegThrowVol%;14 BackCatchVol%;6 OrganRallyVol%;108 FE_CrwdIntroVol%;71 RandomAmbVol%;60 MetalImpactVol%;43 OhCheer%;106 FE_CrwdHighVol%;105 FE_CrwdLowVol%;100 FE_BuntVol%;98 FE_OrganVol%;93 PMGMusicVol%;89 HicoreVol%;77 FoulBall%;56 ScoreBarAppearVol%;12 BatDittyVol%;9 StadiumSfxVol%;122 TimerFiveSeconds%;120 Highscore%;90 RandompenVol%;79 BMGMusicVol%;54 MiniGameCommonVolume;53 FoulPoleInGameVol%;15 BallWallHitVol%;115 NumbersVol%;94 FEVolume;66 NumbersUpVol%;61 Lawnmower1Vol%;52 HelmetHitVol%;51 FullCountApplsV%;5 BdCastMusicVol%;124 FMGMusicVol%;113 FE_BooVol%;97 FE_UmpVol%;87 CrowdAmbienceVol%;75 PitchCountVol%;70 AmbienceVol%;62 Lawnmower2Vol%;32 CrowdRAMVol%;30 CrowdLowStreamVol%;24 SlideVol%;22 PitchWhooshVol%;7 HRSfxVol%;121 Penalty%;91 TimerFiveVol%;86 CheckpointVol%;76 ZoneVol%;74 FoulWallVol%;65 ChainlinkFenceVol%;63 Lawnmower3Vol%;25 BallBounceVol%;23 BatBuntVol%;13 PitchThrowVol%;126 LawnmowerImpactVol%;125 HRSMusicVolume%;107 FE_CrwdReactVol%;59 WoodImpactVol%;58 BMGVolume;27 BatBreakVol%;18 BallHitVol%;0 Volume;119 Lowscore%;101 FE_BatVol%;95 FeSfxVolume%;84 WrongPitchVol%;48 AppFollowCherV%;35 TensionVol%;103 FE_SlideVol%;102 FE_BackCatchVol%;96 MusicVolume%;83 Blocks2MoveVol%;81 GridHitVol%;57 RoundPassed%;38 AnticipationVol%;29 FeInGameSfxVol%;123 FMGVolume;112 FE_AppFollowCherVol%;104 FE_CrwdRAMVol%;80 PMGVolume;67 NumbersDownVol%;50 ShortAppFollowCherV%;45 OhApplause%;31 CrowdHighStreamVol%;17 CollisionVol%;2 PBPVolume%;1 MasterVolume;109 FE_TensionVol%;99 FE_PAVol%;55 ScoreBarVol%;40 OhVol%;37 CheerVol%;26 BatDropVol%;68 NumbersRedVol%;46 AplsAfterOh%;36 ApplauseVol%;4 ChantVolume%;117 BlocksHitVol%;82 Blocks1MoveVol%;72 BallHitGroundVol%;16 HitByPitchVol%;10 HecklesVol%;116 TimerTickVol%;111 FE_CheerApplsVol%;88 LowscoreIN%;69 TrampolineVol%;47 CheerAppVol%;33 CrowdReactVol%;28 UMPVolume%;11 VendorsVol%;8 PlayerChatVol%;

Ha. Good one hilltopper. Uh, one week at LEAST. 2 weeks roughly. Why?

Because I must:

"1.Extract ALL sounds

2.Convert the files

3.Listen to the files and put them in folders so as to know what they are

4.compare with my FIFA 05 sounds (and do 1-3 with those as well) and see what FIFA sounds can replace MVP sounds so as to sound apart of the game"

I work fulltime. It will take me a while to extract MVP's files. I'm gonna work on converting all of FIFA's sounds and listen to them first to see if there is anything of value there. So far so good. But I only did a handful. I'll try to convert all of FIFA's this weekend and listen to them. All next week I'll slowly try to see which files in MVP should be extracted. I have to learn EAGRAPH by the way so that will hold us up. Sorry. Don't throw tomotoes. Hey you in the back put that down OUCH! :?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Hi I suck. I converted EA's file that I want to mod. I converted it to wav from .asf. Well, when I'm done modding the sound file and converting it back to .asf the file either gets compressed smaller or gets enlarged. I'm having a hard time editing the file to be the exact size it HAS to be in in order for me to import the modded sound file back into its proper spot. I've PM'd someone so if they can help me with this issue then this mod will come to be...and wait until you hear what I got up my sleeve. If you like the sound mods you'll love this junk. Mo :wall:

Notice: I have been provided with some help in order to finish this mod. I'll try to get this mod finished this weekend. Once this mod is complete I will no longer do any mods or videos and I may shy away from providing any assistance in these areas. I'm going to concentrate on enjoying the game going forward. I know this is not a big deal since I don't really do anything around here but I'm just giving notice in case some one else approaches me to do a mod on certain audio files. The only mod I can see myself MAYBE helping out with is the CRAP-O mod version 2 and even then I was only the guy that tested the skin tones, provided the faces to be modded, etc. etc. I didn't do all of the hard work. So, with out further adieu, I should be able to present the last audio mod for good. If it works out it will be posted by Saturday. If nothing gets posted-sorry. "No [mod] for you". -Soup Nazi "No Soup For You".

Soon to retire, Uncle Mo.

Archived