1957 Braves Uniforms

Sandman

Sandy,

These are some of the Best Looking Uniforms I have seen. They are absolutely Beautiful !!! I placed them in slots "G" & "H" which allows the numbers on the front of the Jerseys to show and Man does it look sharp!!!

I just want you to know how much I, and I am sure many others, will truly enjoy these uniforms.

I am desparately hoping that someone decides to attempt making either the 1960 or 1962 Cincinnati Reds Uniforms. Hopefully, if you care to undertake that then I know I can expect them to be some of the best.

I will be posting a Classic Roster Set in the coming week or so as well. I refer to that Classic Roster Set as the Early '60s Set. It will include the 25 Man Rosters and those players not on the 25 Man Rosters will be in the AAA affiliates. I will populate those teams that came years later with Players from various teams from 1960-1964 that weren't regulars on the selected years in this set plus those that are from other 1960-1964 teams not included in this set. Those will be the teams such as Colorado; Arizona; etc. Those Uniforms will be very appropriate for that set of Rosters which will include:

64 Cardinals

64 Phillies

62 Giants

61 Braves

63 Dodgers

61 Red Legs

64 Cubs

60 Pirates

62 Mets

64 Colt 45s

70 Expos

70 Padres

70 Brewers

ARZ 60-64 Players

COL 60-64 Players

FLA 60-64 Players

61 Yankees

63 White Soxs

64 Orioles

61 Tigers

63 Twins

62 Angels

61 Indians

64 Athletics

62 Red Sox

61 Senators (Tampa Bay)

74 Rangers

72 Royals

SEA 60-64 Players

TOR 60-64 Players

Thanks Again - Very Much,

Don

Sandy,

These are some of the Best Looking Uniforms I have seen. They are absolutely Beautiful !!! I placed them in slots "G" & "H" which allows the numbers on the front of the Jerseys to show and Man does it look sharp!!!

I just want you to know how much I, and I am sure many others, will truly enjoy these uniforms.

I am desparately hoping that someone decides to attempt making either the 1960 or 1962 Cincinnati Reds Uniforms. Hopefully, if you care to undertake that then I know I can expect them to be some of the best.

I will be posting a Classic Roster Set in the coming week or so as well. I refer to that Classic Roster Set as the Early '60s Set. It will include the 25 Man Rosters and those players not on the 25 Man Rosters will be in the AAA affiliates. I will populate those teams that came years later with Players from various teams from 1960-1964 that weren't regulars on the selected years in this set plus those that are from other 1960-1964 teams not included in this set. Those will be the teams such as Colorado; Arizona; etc. Those Uniforms will be very appropriate for that set of Rosters which will include:

64 Cardinals

64 Phillies

62 Giants

61 Braves

63 Dodgers

61 Red Legs

64 Cubs

60 Pirates

62 Mets

64 Colt 45s

70 Expos

70 Padres

70 Brewers

ARZ 60-64 Players

COL 60-64 Players

FLA 60-64 Players

61 Yankees

63 White Soxs

64 Orioles

61 Tigers

63 Twins

62 Angels

61 Indians

64 Athletics

62 Red Sox

61 Senators (Tampa Bay)

74 Rangers

72 Royals

SEA 60-64 Players

TOR 60-64 Players

Thanks Again - Very Much,

Don

Let me tell you guys, I have seen Don's work and you are all in for a major treat!! Don is a classic team junkie like a few of us, and he really knows what he is doing. I am having a blast with his set which I was luck enough to preview.

Chris

Hey Chris,

You are so kind with your words. I think with Your fantastic Classic Rosters ( which I can't seem to drag myself away from lately ) and the ones I will "eventually" upload, most of us that like Classic Oldtime Baseball will have our cup runneth over. I am 4 teams shy of completion.

I am amazed how long this is taking. Tony Alex and I started sharing concepts on these projects shortly after this game came out. I know Tony is so glad you two connected and now that I have seen your work I understand why he was so excited.

Without question we have been blessed with some magnificient Modders here on MVPMODS which make these long hours working on these Classic Roster Sets seem enjoyable. Robert Glass's unbelievable MVPEdit Program is what made the level of detail in our work possible. FuzZ makes it all so easy. And the slew of uniform, stadium and other accessories Modders really makes me want to give something back to this group.

I may be the eldest in age in this group but "Thanks" to so many on this forum I really feel like a kid again. And at my age that is a Simply Wonderful Thing!!!

Take Care,

Don

Hey Chris,

I may be the eldest in age in this group but "Thanks" to so many on this forum I really feel like a kid again. And at my age that is a Simply Wonderful Thing!!!

Take Care,

Don

Hmmm....I may be able to give you a run for your money on that age thing.

However, I don't know if I really want to go there. ;)

thk,

August 24, 1948 --- 55 getting awfully close to 56 ...... but also getting awfully close to retiring totally to PC Baseball Heaven .....

I will rejoice if you have me beat !!!

Take Care,

Don

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...... :!: :!:

Ahh....A mere child.

Lets just say I was walking without help when the Cubs last went to the World Series!....

BTW, I'm still walking without help! ;)

tks,

Rejoice !!!!

Ain't this a Kick !!! Let's Have some Fun and Pass the Ball Around the Horn a few times Mo !!!

It's like '45 dejavue all over again, Ain't it !!!!

Take Care,

Don

Yep.....Ready to go as soon as I finish my game in dynasty.

I have gotten to the point my pitchers get 5 to 6 Ks per game so I'm thinking I'm becoming one heck of a manager!

Tell ya what is scary though....When I ask for help here, I'm amazed at the quick responses I get....

But the scary thing is, some of the replies are from 16 and 17 year olds....Damn near puts me in cardiac arrest. :shock:

I'm thinkin.....Nah!...Can't be....Something is wrong....Either I'm not really that old or they are not nearly that young....It just isn't right! :mrgreen:

tks,

I really think that "ALL of This" is a solid indicator that BASEBALL is truly Americas Game for ALL Ages !!!!

I have to also complement this MVPMODS group. Because I have attempted to communicate on other forums but basically got insulted off for apparently not coming across as a joy stick riding teeny bopper ....... I quickly realized on those other forums that a real generation gap existed. I find MVPMODs not only entertaining and beneficial but also some very sincerely genuine mature and interesting people exist here.

Don

tks,

I really think that "ALL of This" is a solid indicator that BASEBALL is truly Americas Game for ALL Ages !!!!

I have to also complement this MVPMODS group. Because I have attempted to communicate on other forums but basically got insulted off for apparently not coming across as a joy stick riding teeny bopper ....... I quickly realized on those other forums that a real generation gap existed. I find MVPMODs not only entertaining and beneficial but also some very sincerely genuine mature and interesting people exist here.

Don

Well, you got me beat...but not by much. 48 here...

C

Don,

I completely agree with you there. Though I'm not a joystick-riding teenybopper, nor was I there to see Hank Aaron in his prime (I'm somewhere in the middle, a young pup at 27), I love this game and all it stands for. I was among most of the America that turned away from baseball in '95, and among a lot that came back in the Big Mac-Sosa chase.

While I still love the game today, I miss the '80's. My first baseball experience was watching my Royals win the pennant in '85.

What I'd love to see, if this run of classic rosters goes this far, is an '80's roster. I grew up with George Brett, Frank White, Ryne Sandberg, Dale Murphy, Von "541" Hayes (anybody remember where that came from? ;) ), Oil Can Boyd, Goose Gossage, Fernando Valenzuela, Andre Dawson, and saw the rise of the Bash Brothers.

If I can help in any way, I'd be more than happy to. I can come up with portrait sets for each team, as well as portraits for any other rosters you guys decide to do. For those not wanting to replace your current portraits, it can be done without doing so. What we can do is set up a folder within the MVP folder named Portrait sets, and have folders within that folder with portrait.big files for each roster. That way, we can switch out portrait sets for the roster we're using. Sound doable?

fuzz,

If they don't have portrait sets done, I'll gladly start to work on them, as long as I can find photos. I have a lot of plans for stuff like this, and working on a proper Kauffman Stadium as we speak. After I'm finished with "The K", I'll be knocking out some K.C. A's and Monarch uniforms as well as others that people have been asking for.

yeah man,i wanted to included portrait set for the 57 dodgers and 65 senators but they guy that was supposed to the do the portrait sets didn't come through so i had to upload the studio without the portrait sets.

let me know, if your interested in making the 57 dodgers. I'd like that.

Royal Blues & FuzZ,

Certainly all this is very do able. Portraits are the strong forte of AlexTonyS. His collection is as extensive as any I've seen. Capa's and AlexTonyS's Classic Roster Set future versions will demonstrate their ability to make this stuff happen.

I agree that an Early '80s or Late '80s Set would be a very much desirable production. I am planning on a Late '60s & Early '70s Set. These will come to life much quicker than my current Early '60s Set has as I am gaining tremendous experience and incorporating many time saving measures.

Perhaps AlexTonyS, Capa & I can get together and jointly work on an '80s Set as we continue to work independently on the other Classic Sets we have in progress now.

The real beauty of Robert Glass's MVPEditor and fuzZ's Studio allows us to easily join forces on these projects which will make them all come to life much quicker. A foundation of rules need to be developed and adhered to but once that is done all of these things couldl be readily available to us in a fairly short span of time.

I think we should develop a "MVPMods Classic Roster Commission" to develop guidelines of how to develop individual Teams and then begin a joint effort of making this happen. I for one would certainly be willing to devote some of my time to such a joint effort.

Take Care,

Don

by the way if anyones interested.

once you've replaced all your AAA or AA teams with team logos,or rosters and such. Backup your logos.big, models.big,uniforms.big,--> put them in a folder, for example: The60s. Save your roster and then swap back and forth to choose different league teams and uniforms for those teams.

Maybe that was common sense to some but i just got an email regarding it.

Sandy,

I am desparately hoping that someone decides to attempt making either the 1960 or 1962 Cincinnati Reds Uniforms.

I just uploaded the 1960 Cincinnati Reds. I hope they meet with your approval.

Sandy

Archived