Phillies Dynasty

Thome25

At the press conference today at Citizens Bank Park Manager Charlie Manuel announced the opening day lineup and starting pitcher.

pressconfrence3.jpg

1.SS Jimmy Rollins

2.2B Chase Utley

3.RF Bobby Abreu

4.1B Jim Thome

5.LF Pat Burrell

6.3B David Bell

7.CF Kenny Lofton

8.C Mike Leiberthal

9.P John Leiber

Bench:1B Jose Offerman

1B Tomas Perez

CF Jason Michaels

C Todd Pratt

2B Placido Polanco

After being asked how competitive does he think the team will be Charlie Maneul said that "you never know how a teams gonna start out of the gates, we know theres alot of pressure by the fans of Philadelphia but were gonna do everything we can too bring a Championship back to Philadelphia.

Well im gonna give it a go at this thing.Seems like its very popular amongst the boards.Im gonna try and not too bore u guys too much.

Enjoy,

Thome25

Thanks guys for compliments.

Game 1 v/s Washington Nationals

fs1.jpg

Player of the game

Livan Hernandez pitched a gem of a game on his way too his first win of the season holding the Phightins to 2 hits in a complete game at homer friendly Citizens Bank Park.

Post game report

Manager Charlie Manual said that "when an acomplished ace of Livan Hernandez stature brings his A game the way he did tonight, your not gonna get too much accomplished.

Lost and NOT found.YET!

Game 2:Nationals @ Phillies

fs2.jpg

The Phillies are really struggeling too find there swing against the Washington Nationals and the starting pitching isnt helping as well.The Nationals Started the scoring with a solo blast off of the bat of Brad Wilkerson.Wilkerson who always seems too do damage to the Phillies every time these two teams play each other.Jose Guillen launched two homeruns as the Nationals cruised too victory behind the arm of Esteban Loaiza.This is the Nationals second straight win and the second straight complete game by their starting pitchers.After the game Nationals Manager Frank Robinson said that his team is taking it game by game.After being asked about the flurrie of boos from the Phillies fans during the 6-0 lose Manager Charlie Manuel said that "the fans of Philadelphia can relax and that its only two games into the season and they shouldnt hit the panic button just yet".In the first two games of the series the Nationals have outscored the Phills 15-1.

hl1.jpg

HAhaha fantasic pic thome... I was recently invited to a special charity event at Citizens Bank Park, thanks to my father and his work. I had an exclusive tour, the works! A religous experience for me, a rabid phils fan. You guys should get a kick out of these pics..

Wilkerson/Nationals Sweep series opener

fs3.jpg

Game 3:Nationals @ Phillies

Brad Wilkerson led the game off with a solo shot too right certer field on a mistake pitch by Phillies pitcher Cory Lidle.Lidle cooled down for a while until the third inning when with one out Vinny Castilla doubles to left center.Nick johnson grounds out too third baseman David Bell for the second out of the inning,Terrmel Sledge singles down the left field line to make it 2-0 Nationals then Jose Vidro pops up to the catcher too end the inning.Bobby Abreu homers in the bottom of the inning to cut the lead in half.Top of the fourth Brian Schneider and John Patterson strike out,Brad Wilkerson singels to right field,Jose Guillen homers,this was Jose Guillens 3 homerun of the series.Phillies score one run late on a Pat Burrell homerun in the ninth but wasnt enough as the the Nationals come in and sweep the Phills and there troubled pitching woes.

POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE

pgl1.jpg

Manager Charlie Manuel said in his postgame press conference that"Except for Bobby Abreu the other guys arent picking the ball up too well".He also noted that he wants the players too have extended batting practice as they head out to St.Louis for a 3 game set with the Cardnails.Manuel also noted that "We gotta get things going or we'll find ourselfs on the other end of another series sweep".If the Phills bats dont come out in St.Louis expect some roster changes to be made.

A sence of urgency?

Game 1:Phillies @ Carnails

fs4.jpg

The Cards had two 4 run innings as they roll all over the Phills 8-3.

Manager Charlie Manuel did not hold a press conference nor did

he speak too the media as the Manager call a team meeting and rumor has it that it was well heated.STAY TUNED!!

np2.jpg

COMPLETE

Game 2:Phillies @ Carnails

1stwin2.jpg

Scoreing:

/1st

Game two of the three game set the Phills came out strong with a leadoff single from Jimmy Rollins,next batter Kenny Lofton with a drag bunt too push J-Roll over to second,Lofton out at first on a wonderful bair hand throw by Scott Rollen,next batter bobby abreu walks then Jim Thome singless on a line drive too centerfield.Jimmy Rollins scores to make it 1-0 Phightins(Bobby Abreu to second)next batter on a 2-2 count Pat Burrell grounds into a doubleplay to end the inning.

/1st

David Eckstein strikesout looking then the next batter Larry Walker homers to the oppisite field tieing the game at 1-1.Albert Pujols grounds out to SS for the second out of the inning,Scott Rollen hits a foul pop up a 3-1 count to end the inning.

/2nd

Chase Ultley grounds out to secondbaseman Mark Grudzielanek for the first out of the inning,David Bell boubles on a 3-1 pitch to right centerfield,Next Batter Mike leiberthal singels on a soft fly ball to left(Bell goes to 3rd),Pitcher Vicente Padilla stikesout swinging,Jimmy Rollins singles to centerfield,David Bell scores to give the Phightins a 2-1 lead(Leiberthal to 2nd).Kenny lofton grounds into a force play for the final out of the inning.

/2nd /3rd /3rd

No scoreing recorded

/4th

Chase Utley leads of with a solo blast to right centerfield to put the Phights up 3-1

/4th /5th /5th

No scoreing recorded

/6th

Jim Thome homers down the right field line to give the Phillies a 4-1 win as Vicente Padilla pitches a 5 hit complete game and gives the Phills bullpen a much needed rest as the Phills go on to win their first game of the 2005 season.

THR.jpg

IN OTHER NEWS

Phillies GM Ed Wade announced today that Glavin Floyd is being brought up from Scranton/Wilkbourgh too fit him on the rosters the Phills will send down left handed releife pitcher Aaron Fultz.In two games Fultz has a 7.71 ERA in 2 and 1/3 innings pitched.

edwade4.jpg

Phillies GM Ed Wade

Any Hope?

Game 3:Phillies @ Cardnails

fs5.jpg

Cardnails rock Jon Leiber.Leiber is 0-2 with a whopping 9.35 ERA.

It is not known if Leibers sergically repaired elbow is the cause for

the big right handers early season woes.When interveiwed Leiber was quoted as saying"My elbow is fine,I'm just not locating my pitches right

now.It's something I'm gonna have to overcome".

POST GAME LIVE

Game 1: Phillies @ Marlins

comcaststudio2.jpg

/Wecome to Phillies post game live with your hosts Matt Yallof and John Marzano.

Yallof2.jpg

/

Well the Phills head down too Florida to take on the Marlins.Both teams are at the bottom of the NL east and are looking to turn things around.It was Pitcher Randy Wolf who would prevail in this one over Marlins Pitcher Al Leiter.Wolf was replaced in the 7th inning by youngster Glavin Flyod who came into the game and did a very nice job.Billy Wagner came in,in the 9th to earn his first save of the season as the Phills beat the Marlins 5-3.

fs6.jpg

.....Marz..........

Marz2.jpg

/

Well Matt you know the Phillies bats are starting to come around.For example Jim Thome has homered in each of the last 3 games and if the rest of the lineup starts swinging their bats like Thome is right now the Phillies are gonna be contenders in the NL east.Mark my words.

I was useing a datafile but I took it out due too trying to play ip to ip games but as of now Im not useing a datafile and the sliders are my own personal tweak.Their coming together ok alittle tweak here and there it should be fine..

Bullpen worries

Game 2:Phillies @ Marlins

Even though youngster Glavin Flyod pitched well in his first outing since being called up,other members of the staff are not that Lucky.Rheal Cormier came in the 8th to try and set up a save for closer Billy Wagner but gave up a pinch hit tieing 2 run homerun to Jaun Encarnacion.Phills got out of the inning with no more harm done.In the top half of the ninth the Phills were unsuccessful too score any more runs.In the bottom half of the ninth Jeff Conine drove in the game winning run with a single up the middle off of Tim Worrell as the Fish take game 2 of the series.

fs8.jpg

Archived