Bronx on Hold: A New York Mets Dynasty

NYM

Should I just simulate strait to the season?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Yes

untitled39mc.jpg

-Mets beat the twins in 7 games at Shea Stadium-

World Series MVP

pedro2ja.jpg

IP-41

W-4

L-0

ERA- 1.74

SO- 33

BB- 5

ESPN- " And the Mets are one out away from winning the World Series against the Twins. Heres the 1-0 pitch. Its a ground ball back to Pedro....he flips the ball to first AND THE METS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!! THEY HAVE OVERCOME ALL ODDS TO BEAT THE TWINS IN 7 AFTER BEING DOWN 3-1!!!! This is truly a year to remember!"

This was a team to remember. They worked hard all year and despite what people said they were focused on the World Series. Im proud they could win it all. They deserve it. - Wille Randolf

In 2005 the Mets went 102-60 winning the division. It was the first time a team has won the divison in 13 years ending the braves streak of 13 Division Titles. In the playoffs they were 11-7 beating the Giants, Marlins, and Twins. The key signings in the off-season [Pedro Martinez and Carlos Beltran] helped the Mets in spots the needed as they won the World Series.

This will be the first dynasty that will start from 2006.

I will start the offseason tommorow and update on all of the following:

A- Any Retirements from the Mets organization.

B- Draft Picks and thier potential.

C- Key releases or signings over the off-season.

D- Any Trades.

I will play only some Spring Training games while simming the rest. Once the season starts you know how it goes. Ill be posting key hitting, pitching, and players of the game along with the score.

- This is my first dynasty I will be posting and I will try my best to update daily.

Lets Go Mets. This Is Our Town.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2005 the Mets went 102-60 winning the division. It was the first time a team has won the divison in 13 years ending the braves streak of 13 Division Titles.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OH MAN THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!

YEAH AND PIGS FLY!!!

Just playing man, I'll be following this one. Good luck! :mrgreen:

The Mets were selected 28th in the draft. Here are there picks in order:

1.  SP- J. Van Houten

2.  RP- F. Kreuter

3.  1B- C. Riggan

4.  C - P. Harris

5.  SS- A. Honda

6.  RF- T. Raines

7.  CF- A. Anderson

8.  3B- N. Beltre

9.  1B- F. Young

10. CF- P. Julio

Rookies Signed

1- J. Van Houten 3@300K/Y -Starter [st. Lucie]

2- F. Kreuter 3@200K/Y -Relief [st. Lucie]

3- P. Harris 3@100K/Y -Everyday [st. Lucie]

4- C. Riggan 3@100K/Y -Everyday [st.Lucie]

5- T. Raines 3@100K/Y -Everyday [st. Lucie]

Free Agent and Current Roster Signings

1- Jose Reyes 5@3.30mill/Y -Indispensible [Mets]

2- Aaron Heilman 2@1.70mill/Y -Starter [Mets]

3- Vic Darensbourgh 4@900K/Y -Relief [Mets]

4- Mike Piazza 3@8.60mill/Y -Everyday [Mets]

5- Hideki Inoue 2@500K/Y -Situational [Mets]

6- Miguel Cabrera 4@3.10mill/Y -Indispensible

7- Noah Lowry 2@1.80mill/Y -MLB Starter

Trades

Mets trade C- Mike Piazza to Baltimore for 2B- Brian Roberts and C- Geranimo Gil [sent down to AAA Northfolk]

Mets trade 2B- Kaz Matsui to Atlanta for C- Johnny Estrada

- After the signing of Miguel Cabrera trade talks continue for Cliff Floyd. Both athletes will compete for a spot on the team but most likely Floyd will go for the younger player.

Mets kick off Spring Training against the Houston Astros. The Probable Starters are

Noah Lowry [NY] vs Tom Glaving [HOU]

Ok im gona just skip Spring Training. Ill post the results of ST in a little while. Then after I post I will play my first game of the 2006 New York Mets season.

Before I start this dynasty is anyone going to follow it. I dont want to keep posting to nobody. Dont worry it will get better as it goes along.

Roster Spots Battling for:

LF- Cliff Floys and Miguel Cabrera

1B- Doug Meintewicz and Craig Brazell

After Spring Traning is over these roster spots will be chosen and adjustments will be made.

THE WORD IS NO!

cubs8yf.jpg vs. mets8pd.jpg

Glendon Rusch (0-0) vs. Pedro Martinez (0-0)

The regular season started for the Mets with history. Fans were already crazy about Pedro with last years performance but they were crazier then ever for him today. The Cubs came to town with thier newly rebuilt team thinking they would try and beat the defending world champions but they were wrong. Pedro Martinez did something no one in Mets history has ever done. He pitched a no hitter. Martinez started the game striking out the side and in the second he did it again. And in the third again! Then in the fourth inning Pedro gave his lonely walk up that put Eric Byrnes on first. Pedro came back with striking out Derek Lee after the walk. Miguel Carbrera came through huge with hitting his first homerun as a Met making the game 1-0 in the bottom of the 4th. In the seventh inning the no no was almost broken up with a line drive up the middle. Out of no where Jose Reyes dived and made the tremendous catch taking away a base hit. Leading off the 7th inning David Wright added on to the score with a solo shot. Thats all Pedro would need to complete the no no. O yea did I foget to mention the 17 K's he had?

After the game Pedro was interviewed: " I felt like I was 20 years young tonight. I used all my pitches and was effective. I was able to throw all 5 for a strike when I needed too. I also want to thank my team for playing very good defense for me. This is a memorable night for me and the rest of the team"

Hitting Performance: M. Cabrera 1-3 HR (1), David Wright 1-3 HR (1)

Pitching Performance: Pedro Martinez 9 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 17 K

W- Pedro Martinez (1-0)

L- Glendon Rusch (0-1)

Player of the Game: Pedro Martinez- 9 IP, 0 H, 1BB, 17 K

NEWS: Mike Cameron was injured with a dislocated finger and is out for 14 days. Cliff Floyd will be taking left field while Cabrera will move to right.

Upcoming Series: Padres @ Mets

BACK TO REALITY

padres6af.jpg vs. mets0xs.jpg

Peavy (0-0) vs. Heilman (0-0)

After coming off a no hitter by Pedro Martinez the Mets bats were silent as Jake Peavy pitched a complete game 5 hitter against the Mets. The Mets took a 1-0 lead in the 5th off Cliff Floyd's solo shot but it was all down hill from thier. In the 5th Heilman gave up 7 straight hits giving up four runs. In the 6th inning the Mets went to thier bullpen to bring in the young lefty R. Snare. Snare gave up a solo shot on his second pitch and from thier on the Mets were doomed to a loss. The side was retired from the 6th on and the Mets went on to lose 5-1 dropping the 1st of 3 to the Padres.

After the game Willie Randolf was quoted: " This was a wake up call that we are not going to have a no hitter everynight. We need out bats to stay hot as well and focus. We must take it game by game. If we do this, thier is no way we can lose focus."

Hitting Performance: Jose Reyes 2-4 SB (1), Cliff Floyd 1-3 HR (1)

Pitching Performance: D. Lamour 3 IP, 4 K , 0 BB

W- JakePeavy (1-0)

L- Aaron Heilman (0-1)

Player of the Game: Jake Peavy 9 IP, 5 R, 0 BB, 9K, 1HR

Post comments if you think thier is a better way I can set up my dynasty or something else I can add. Keep comments coming, I want this to be a good dynasty for people to follow.

Cabrera, Mets Suprise Padres

padres5de.jpgvs. mets0xs.jpg

Williams (0-0) vs Benson (0-0)

The Padres saw a different team today. The hitting Mets were back and Cabrera led them going 2-4 with 2 RBI's. After being embarrased by the Padres last night the Mets came out swinging. In the 3rd inning Cabrera hit his second HR of the year just clearing the right field fence. The Mets had only scored on HR the whole year until the 5th inning. Reyes lead off with a leadoff single and stole second. While stealing second he sprained his wrist and Cairo replaced him. Two batters later Cabrera came up with 1 out and hit an RBI double down the right field line. Carlos Beltran then advanced Cabrera to third on his single. Johnny Estrada then followed with a RBI base hit up the middle. Wright then came up and litterally knocked Williams out of the game with a line drive to his shoulder. He made the third out though. The Mets were now ahead 3-0. Thats all Benson needed as he pitched 6 shutout innings. In the 9th Braden Looper loaded the bases but got the next three out to win the game.

After the game Miguel Cabrera was quoted: "This was my job when the Mets signed me. Its my responsibility as the number three hitter to drive in the leadoff men and get on base my self for Beltran. Im happy the way I performed and how I went the other way on pitches I would have grounded out on last year. It was a great game by everyone."

Hitting Performance: Cabrera 2-4, 2 RBI, HR (2)--Estrada 1-3 RBI

Pitching Performance: Kris Benson 6IP, 2 H, 6 K, 0BB

W- K. Benson (1-0)

L- W. Williams (0-1)

Player of the Game: Cabrera 2-4, 2 RBI, HR (2)

News:

-Jose Reyes was injured with a sprained wrist and is out for 11 days. Miguel Cairo will take his place.

-With Brian Roberts' horrible performance not even getting on base once, Hideki Inoue is called up from AAA Northfolk and Roberts will be sent down to AAA.

- The Mets announced that Cabrera is no longer trade bait. He will stay with the club. It is now between Floyd and Cameron for who will get starting OF.

- Battle for 1B is still in place as Doug M. and C. Brazell are battling with good competition.

- At the end of the month a decision should be made.

FIXED LINEUP 

1. Hideki Inoue (2B)

2. Miguel Cairo (SS)

3. Miguel Cabrera (RF)

4. Carlos Beltran (CF)

5. David Wright (3B)

6. Cliff Floyd (LF)

7. Estrada (C)

8. Brazell (1B)

9. Pitcher

DisabledList

1. Jose Reyes- 11Days (Sprained Wrist)

2. Mike Cameron- 10Days (Dislocated Finger)

THEY CALL IT THE LONG BALL

padres5de.jpg vs. mets6or.jpg

B. Bache (0-0) vs T. Yates (0-0)

The Mets came out swinging again but today hitting the long ball. to score thier runs. Tyler Yates had a shaky start giving up a leadoff single to S. Burroughs and then a two run HR to C. Simontacchi. In the fourth inning with the bases loaded and two outs C. Utley hit a deep fly ball to Center Field. He had his Homerun trot going until you heard nothing but silence. Carlos Beltran had robbed the Grand Slam. Utley was in disbelief. Not only was he robbing homruns but in the fourth after a leadoff single by Cabrera he hit a two run shot to tie the game up at two. Two batters later Estrada hit his first Mets homerun with a two run shot making it 4-2. Three batters later Hideki Inoue got his first MLB hit by hitting a 3R, 452 foot HR making the score 7-2 and knocking out Backe. Tyler Yates was solid until the 8th inning came. He gave up 4 hits and 2 runs. In the 9th it was Scott Strickland closing it out for the save as the Mets went on to win it 7-4.

After the game Carlos Beltran was quoted: " Today was one of those days where everything goes right for you. Theres no better feeling when you have the greatest fans [mets fans] cheering for you. It was a great feeling hitting that Homerun but I had an even greater feeling robbing that Grand Slam and seeing the look on Utleys face. It wasn't only me though. The whole team contributed including some beutiful defensive plays by the rookie Inoue and his big homerun."

Hitting Performance: Cairo 3-4, Inoue 1-4 3RBI's HR (1), Beltran 1-4 2 RBI's HR (1), Estrada 1-3 2 RBI's HR (1)

Pitching Performance: Tyler Yates 8 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 2K

W- T. Yates (1-0)

L- B. Bache (0-1)

Player of the Game: Hideki Inoue 1-4 3RBI's, HR [First MLB Hit]

BOX SCORE

R  H  E

SD   4  6  0

NYM  7  11 1

The Mets take two out of three and now the Dodgers come in for a three game set.

Archived