Bronx on Hold: A New York Mets Dynasty

NYM

Should I just simulate strait to the season?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Yes

IF anyone is wondering why I can play so many games is because today I have a game at 5:30 (playoffs) and im catching so I dont want to go outside and wear myself out before the game. Theres really nothing else to do if I dont go outside so im just realxing playing a video game. Ill probably end today at the 1st game of the Dodgers series.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PEDROPALOOZA

dodgers4qm.jpg vs. mets0wn.jpg

Victor Zambrano (0-0) vs Pedro Martinez (1-0)

After coming off the no hitter Pedro was amazing again. No he didnt pitch a perfect game or a no no but was still spectcular. In the bottom of the second David Wright led off with a single and Cliff Floyd hit a homerun making it 2-0. Estrada followed with a HR and then Doug M. hit one. Back to back to back HR for the Mets making it 4-0. In the 4th inning Estrada not only showing off power but his arm strenth gunning down J.D. Drew. In the 6th inning David Wright led off with a HR increasing the by 5. In the 7th inning Pedro got into some trouble giving up two singles in a row but quickly got out of it popping up Werth and grounding Navarro into a DP. In the bottom of the seventh inning Floyd drove in Carlos Beltran with an RBI double making it 6-0. Pedro was solid until the ninth where he gave up a Homerun but recovered by striking out the side.

After the Game Pedro and Floyd were quoted: Pedro- " I felt very good tonight again. I didnt try and throw another no hitter. I went out thier and did my best. I used my changeup and curveball effectively in each situation I needed it. The run support helped a lot two. It made me feel even more relaxed.

- Floyd " All I have been doing is trying to put the ball in play. If I can do that and drive in the runners it helps the team out. This is a team effort and its my job to contribute. Im glad that are team can rely on one another to drive in runs. This is a great team."

Hitting Performance: Floyd 2-3, 3RBI, HR(2)--Wright 2-4, RBI, HR (2)

Pitching Performance: Martinez 9 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 8 K

W- P. Martinez (2-0)

L- V. Zambrano (0-1)

Player of the Game: Cliff Floyd 2-3, 3RBI's, HR, Double

BOX SCORE

R  H  E

LAD 1  6  1 

NYM 6  8  1

Great dynasty so far NYM keep it coming!

BTW Good Luck with your game.

GameGuy and Little Pony thanks for comments. Im gona try and do something to spice up my dynasty a little bit. Nothing drastic but something. O yea by the way we lost the game 5-4 and eliminated. I went 3 for 3 2RBI, 4SB (not pass balls), and 2 runners thrown out. I guess i earn me a player of the game. Anywho I am probably going to play one more game tonight before the Mets come on. This time im gona try something cool. Well if I can get it done in time.

GameGuy and Little Pony thanks for comments. Im gona try and do something to spice up my dynasty a little bit. Nothing drastic but something. O yea by the way we lost the game 5-4 and eliminated. I went 3 for 3 2RBI, 4SB (not pass balls), and 2 runners thrown out. I guess i earn me a player of the game. Anywho I am probably going to play one more game tonight before the Mets come on. This time im gona try something cool. Well if I can get it done in time.

Sucks man, theres all ways next year.

Ok as you can see I added the team logos under the team i play....ex METS vs PADRES. any other suggestions to make this look even better???

I tried doing portaits under the pitcher but it was way to hard....and time consuming.....keep commens coming. ill be playing some more tommorow.

Ok as you can see I added the team logos under the team i play....ex METS vs PADRES. any other suggestions to make this look even better???

I tried doing portaits under the pitcher but it was way to hard....and time consuming.....keep commens coming. ill be playing some more tommorow.

I like the pictuers of the team!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys.....im thinking of bringing back my dynasty. Im not sure but I think im in late May. I think im just going tostart posting again. In my first post back ill post the record of the team, and the transactions I have made. Then Ill just continue with it. Then at the end of the month I'll post the stats. Would anyone mind the skip in a good amount of games? (about 20 I think, im not positive where I am right now in the season).

Im am currently at May 14 in my dynasty. I am going to continue it from here.

TRANSACTIONS

Traded [RF] Mike Cameron to CIN for [sP] Raul Perez and [3B] Lee McNalley who were singned to minor league contracts.

LINEUP CURRENT AS OF MAY 14, 2006

SS- Marlo Anderson

2B- Hideki Inou

3B- David Wright

CF- Carlos Beltran

RF- Miguel Carbrera

LF- Cliff Floyd

C - Johhny Estrada

1B- Doug M.

[Pitcher]
PITCHING ROTATION AS OF MAY 14, 2006
Pedro Martinez

Noah Lowry

Aaron Heilman

Kris Benson

Tyler Yates
Jose Reyes on DL for two [2] days. NL EAST
	W  L	%  GB

NYM 25-12 .676 0.0

ATL 21-15 .583 3.5

WAS 19-17 .528 5.5

FLA 19-19 .500 6.5 

PHI 18-19 .487 7.0

Using Pareds All-Star sliders

Simming final game of FLA series

Upcoming Series: Colorado vs. Mets

May 16, 2006

Colorado Rockies vs. New York Mets

RUN REYES RUN

rockies1cq.jpg vs. metsplace8uu.jpg

Francis[2-3] vs Yates [4-1]

After taking two out of three against the Marlins, the Mets played some small ball to edge their way past the Rockies. Todd Helton took Tyler Yates deep in the top of the fourth inning give the Rockies a quick 1-0 lead. The Mets bats were quiet until the sixth. Reyes got a one out single. He then stole second and third. Inoue then drove him in with a RBI single to left. Wright then singled to make it first and second one out. Beltran flied to right to advance Inoue to third. Cabrera then went to the opposite field to drive in Inoue. In the seventh things were a little rough for Yates. He had one out and men on first and second. Mohr came up to bat only to be robbed of an extra base hit, by a diving and game saving play by Doug M. Yates then struck out C. Johnson to end the inning and his day. Yates went seven strong and DeJean came into relieve the eighth. Looper came in the ninth and struck out Helton to end the game and pick up his 13 save of the year.

After the game Willie Randolf was quoted: "This is how you have to play if you want to win. We can't rely on the long ball all the time. Solid pitching and small ball helped us win the game. I'm proud the way this team is playing and cant ask of anything more of them but to go out there and do thier best."

Hitting Performance: Reyes 1-4, run , 2 SB (19)- Doug M. 1-3

Pitching Performance: Yates 7.0 IP, 1R, 6K, 1HR

WP- Yates (5-1)

LP- Francis (2-4)

S- Looper (13)

Player of the Game: Jose Reyes 1-4, run, 2 SB (19)

Next Game:

May 17, 2006 1:10PM at Shea

Rockies vs Mets

Cook (3-3) vs Martinez (8-0)

May 17, 2006

AMAZIN' AGAIN

rockies4mj.jpg vs. metsplace8ln.jpg

Cook (3-3) vs Martinez (8-0)

The Mets came out swinging today with no mercy for the Rockies. In the bottom of the first Jose Reyes lead off with a single. Two batters later Beltran hit an RBI double to give the mets an early 1-0 lead. In the bottom of the second with runners on the corners for Pedro, he bunted past the pitcher to bring home Floyd, leaving him with an RBI Feilders Choice. With one out in the bottom of the third Cabrera hit a three run homerun giving the Mets a 5-0 lead. In that same inning Cliff Floyd broke up a double play, but had to leave the game with an inflamed left elbow.

[scroll down to the bottom of the page for more on Cliff's injury] In the top of the fourth Helton broke up Pedro's shutout with an RBI single. Pedro quickly bounced back getting Trot Nixon to ground into an inning ending double play. In the bottom of the fourth with men on first and third Beltran ended Cook's day with an RBI single. Cabrera then hit a 2 RBI triple to give the Mets an 8-1 lead. Kerry Robinson [Floyd's Replacement] drag bunted with two outs successfully bringing home Cabrera. Doug M then doubled in Robinson and Estrada making it 11-1 Mets. Pedro then made the final out of the Mets six run inning. In the fifth Pedro got into a bit of a jam giving up a single and a double. He then intentionally walked Castillo to get to the pitcher. He struck out the next batter, then got Gonzalez to ground to third. Wright stepped on third, but couldn't get the speedy Gonzalez at first. Pedro then struck out the next batter to end the inning. With two outs in the fifth David Wright his a solo shot increasing the Mets lead to 10. In the 6th Doug M singled in Estrada for the Mets 13 run of the game. Then in the seventh Beltran put the icing on the cake with a two run homerun giving the Mets a 15-2 lead. Pedro retired the side in the ninth to get his ninth win of the season.

After the game Pedro Martinez was quoted: "Today was a good day for not just me but the team. We were able to get a lot of rund to make it easier for me. We did everything we were supposed to and more. This is what fans want to see. A team that wins. If we continue this, no one can stop us."

Hitting Performance: Beltran 5-5, 3 R, 4 RBI, HR(12), Cabrera 3-5, 2 R, 5 RBI, HR(7), Wright 3-5, 4 R, 1 RBI, HR (12)

Picthing Performance: Martinez 9IP, 8 H, 2R, 1BB, 6K

WP- Martinez (9-0)

LP- Cook (3-4)

Player of the Game: Carlos Beltran 5-5, 3 R, 4 RBI, HR(12)

Box Score 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

COL 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0  2 8  1

NYM 1 1 3 6 1 1 2 0 X 15 22 1

Next Game:

Thursday May 18, 2006 7:10 at Shea Stadium

Rockies vs. Mets

Jennings (3-3) vs. Lowry (2-4)

Cliff Floyd Update

The Mets announced Thursday that Cliff Floyd will be out for eight days with an inflamed elbow suffered in Wednesday's game against the Rockies. Kerry Robinson will take his place for now.

Mets Inside Pitch

The Mets look to sweep the Rockies out of Shea on Thursday with Lowry leading them. The Mets are 3-2 on this homestand so far, leading the second place Braves by four games.

Since I play on PS2, im very limited to what I can post here. Mostly pictures. Is there anything else to make this a little more spicy. I made new Logos for teams [at the top where the teams are] and added a next game report, along with Mets Inside Pitch [people in NY should no what that is]. I also added a full boxscore. My most recent post of the Mets vs Rockies is how I will be posting each game. So anything else to improve?

EDIT: also how do i get rid of the spring traning poll. i want it to say Is this dynasty good? can an admin or someone help me. I cant seem oto change it by pressing edit.

May 18, 2006

SWEEEEP VICTORY

rockies6bi.jpg vs. metsplace9uy.jpg

Jennings (3-3) vs. Lowry (2-4)

The Mets came into Shea Stadium with high hopes and brooms to sweep away the Rockies. Colorado ran them selves out of the inning in the first. With two outs and men on first and second a Trot Nixon hit a base hit two right field. Cabrera came up fireing and nailed the speedy Gonzalez at home. With one out in the bottom of the first Beltran hit a long two run shot giving the Mets another early lead. The Rockies struck back in the third though. Mohr hit a base hit out of the diving reach of Doug M. cutting the Mets lead in half. It didn't take long to for the Mets to increase the lead though. In the bottom of the third Cabrera hit a two run shot increasing to 5-1. In the top of the fifth the Rockies came back with a three run shot by Preston Wilson making it 5-4. Even with the attempt to get back in the game, the Rockies did not cool of the Mets. In thr bottom of the fifth Wright and Beltran went back to back with solo homeruns, increasing, and virtually shuting down the Rockies 7-4. They never recovered and in the ninth, Looper shut them down one, two, three to pick up his fourteenth save of the season.

After the game Carlos Beltran was quoted: "This is our time to break free of the other teams in the division. We have to take advantage of the weaker teams, and play our hardest every day. The teams playing at their best now, and it's only going to get better."

Hitting Performance: Beltran 3-3, 3 RBI's, 2 R, 2 HR(13,14), Wright 2-3, 2 RBI's, 2 R, 1 HR(13)

Pitching Performance: Lowry 6 IP, 4 ER, 1 HR, Looper 1 IP, 0 H

WP- Lowry (3-4)

LP- Jennings (3-4)

S- Looper (14)

Player of the Game: Carlos Beltran 3-3, 3RBI's, 2 R, 2 HR(13,14)

Box Score

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

COL 0 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 0  4 13 0

NYM 2 0 3 0 2 0 0 0 0  5 10 0

Next Game:

Friday May 19, 2006 7:10 at Shea Stadium

Dimandbacks vs Mets

Ortiz (3-2) vs. Heliman (4-4)

Mets Inside Pitch

After sweeping the Rockies in a three game set, the Mets are now on to face the Dimandbacks. The D-Backs are a struggling team this year (14-27) and are 4-6 in their last ten games. The Mets battle the D-Backs at 7:10PM tommorow at Shea. Tickets are still available for the game and remember.......This Is Our Town.

Sorry that I havent updated in a while. I have football practice three days a week, and when I get home I'm too tired to play. Ill try and get another update on Wednesday. Questions or Comments on this Dynasty?

May 19, 2006

Arizona Dimandbacks (14-27) vs. New York Mets (28-13)

WALKIN OFF IN STYLE

dbacks5ob.jpgvs. metsplace0ql.jpg

Ortiz (3-2) vs. Heliman (4-4)

The Mets came into Fridays game looking to take advantage of the struggling D-Backs. The D-Backs jumped out to an early lead in the top of the first on a S. Green solo shot. In the second they struck again. Williamson lead off with a triple, and a sac fly by Bo Hart gave the D-Backs a 2-0 lead. In the second though the Mets struck back. Wil Mottola got his first Major League hit, leading the second inning off with a single. Doug M. then doubled him in making it 2-1 D-Backs. Things got scary for the Mets in the fifth. David Wright dove had first near the wall and broke and was injured [see inury report at bottom of page] and Marlon Anderson took his place at third. Things were pretty silent until the ninth when things got shaky for Arizonas closer Cabrera. Beltran doubled on the first pitch in the inning and Miguel Cabrera hit a walk off HR to win the game in the ninth 3-2.

After the game Miguel Cabrera was quoted: "It's been great ever since I got here in New York. My teamates were supportive of me when I was struggling earlier in the season, and the fans were supportive too. There were times they booed me, but all in all New York is making me a better player. It was great hitting that walkoff HR to win the game. There's nothing better when you have a full house cheering for you once you cross home plate.

Hitting Performance: Cabrera 2-4, 2 RBI(31), R, HR(9), Mottola 1-3 [First Major League Hit], 1 R

Pitching Performance: Heilman 7 IP, 7H, 2 R, 3 K, Chris Durbin 1 IP, 1 H

WP- Durbin (1-0)

LP- Cabrera (0-1)

Player of the Game: Miguel Cabrera 2-4, 2 RBI(31), R, HR(9)

dbacksboxscore1pe.jpgboxscore1jg.jpgmetsboxscore6ka.jpg

Next Game:

Saturday May 20, 2006 1:05 at Shea Stadium

Dimandbacks vs. Mets

[Picthers TBA]

INJURY UPDATE

David Wright is out for 12 days with a bruised ribcage. Marlon Anderson and Miguel Cairo will be taking his spot.

Cliff Floyd is still on the DL and will take six more days to heal.

Mets Inside Pitch

After a dramatic win over the Dimandbacks on Friday night the Mets and Dimandbacks are unsure who will start the game on Saturday. There is no clear reason why neither team has announced the pitchers, but they will be announced tommorow. Tickets are still available for tommorow nights game. And don't forget to tune in tommorow to hear end of the week interview with Willie Randolf and this weeks scores. Remember....This Is Our Town.

I added a new box score to my dynasty posts as you can see. I've made my dynasty better looking then my first post on game one. Please people, comments are welcomed. Is there anything I can do to make this better. O yea is anyone eve following this? No one is posting or nothing. Please do if you are following.

:new: NEWS :new: I am going to adjust Pareds All-Star sliders to favor the CPU a little more because its too easy right now, and not much of a challenge. So questions, comments?

Archived