Bronx on Hold: A New York Mets Dynasty

NYM

Should I just simulate strait to the season?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you can force people to post just to say "Yeah, I'm following this". If they have something to say, they probably will.

If you want to know if people are following the thread, just look at the views. When someone views the thread, that goes up by one. Who'd have thought it? Try it. It works. :wtg:

I don't think you can force people to post just to say "Yeah, I'm following this". If they have something to say, they probably will.

If you want to know if people are following the thread, just look at the views. When someone views the thread, that goes up by one. Who'd have thought it? Try it. It works. :wtg:

So that's what the views for :wtg: . O yea and a question MarkB. can you change the Poll to "Is this dynasty good?" I can't seem to delete it in the "edit" button.

NYM.. its time for you to go up a level.. 22 Hits in 1 game..lol. Nice creativity btw.

Im on All-Star now, but I'm going to adjust Pared's sliders to make them favoring the computer. Im gona check in the Sliders Thread now to see if there are any good MVP sliders. Ill update in about two hours.

Ok guys, I altered the settings on All-Star to really favor the computer. If I still think its too easy, I am going to move up to MVP. I'm gona go play a game now and I'll update soon!

May 20, 2006

Arizona Dimandbacks (14-28) vs. New York Mets (28-13)

METS FALL IN EXTRA INNING BATTLE

dbacks4rc.jpgvs. metsplace2as.jpg

Webb (1-3) vs. Benson (4-1)

The Mets came into Saturday's game with a five game winning streak, looking to make it six. In the first inning Inoue got a one out single and then stole second. Cabrera then singled him in giving the Mets an early lead. Things were pretty quiet for both teams until the sixth. With two outs and men on first and third, Gonazalez hit a ground ball to Anderson at third. Anderson got to the ball in time, but he threw it over Brazell's head letting the man on third score. The error came back to haunt the Mets when Williamson hit a 1-0 fastaball over the left field fence to give the Dimandbacks a 4-1 lead. The Mets scored again in the seventh and eighth but it came down to the ninth. With the score 4-3 D-Backs Reyes got a one out single. With Reyes on the move Inoue sacrafice bunted to move Reyes to third. With two outs and a 0-2 count, Cabrera hit a line drive up the middle to tie the game 4-4 in the ninth. In the eleventh Bo Hart hit a RBI single down the left field line to give the D-Backs a 5-4 lead. The Mets were unable to recover, and lost a hart-breaker in extra innings.

After the game Braden Looper was quoted: "Things go your way somedays and the others they don't. There was no excuse for my poor performance. I left to many pitches over the plate in the 11th, and they took advantage. Tommorow's another day, and I'm not going to let it slip next time.

BOX SCORE

boxscoremay202fg.jpg

Next Game:

Sunday May 21, 2006 7:10 at Corona Park [Created Stadium]

Dimandbacks vs Mets

Hasley (1-0) vs. Yates (5-1)

INJURY UPDATE

Doug M. was injured Saturday with a sprained wrist and will be put on the 15 day DL. This leaves the Mets without Cliff Floyd, David Wright, and Doug M. The Mets will call up a player from AA or AAA for roster updates.

METS TRANSACTIONS

With Doug M. on the DL for 15 days the Mets are calling up [LF] Eric Valent to fill in the 25 man roster.

METS INSIDE PITCH

This week was a very successful week for the Mets. They went 4-2 and are now 12-6 overall in the month of May. Before Saturday's game we interviewed Willie Randolf:

"This was a great week for us. We did what we had to and got the job done. I was happy on how the team handled certain situations. It was real tough how we lost three of our key players. It takes a certain chemistry out of the lineup. The team is holding up fine though and we'll have the whole team back in about fifteen days. I can't ask for anything more than for my guys to go out and play there hardest till the final out. That's all I expect."

Ok, the sliders i adjusted worked fine. I'm going to move user batting contact down because of my excessive amounts of hits. If that doesnt work it's up to MVP. By the way I won't have any moe updates until Monday.

O yea anyone like my new new box score. I made it look like ESPN. :new:

May 21, 2006

Arizona Dimandbacks (15-28) vs. New York Mets (28-14)

RAINY DAYS AND SUNDAY'S

dbacks9dh.jpgvs. metsplace3ns.jpg

Hasley (1-0) vs. Yates (5-1)

Sunday is a day of rest. Something the D-Backs bullpen got on Sunday. The Mets were coming off a loss the previous day to Arizona and were looking to bounce back with a win. The Mets did anything but that. In the third inning Troy Glaus took Yates deep over the right field fence for a two run homer. He also added another home run in the seventh off of Mike Dejean. The D-backs also added two more making it 5-0. The Mets never recovered and never got more than two hits. They were two hit by Hasley. Their only hits came in the sixth inning off a pinch hit blooper by Wil Mottola and a base hit by Miguel Cairo. Hasley pitched a complete game shutout and was stunning.

After the game Jose Reyes was interviewed: "I have has success off most pitchers this year but Hasley baffled me. He has amazing stuff and we just couldn't hit him. There's realy nothing else to say. He was just amazing."

BOX SCORE

boxscoremay202ma.jpg

Next Game:

Monday May 22, 2006 7:05 at Petco Park

Mets @ Padres

Martinez (9-0) vs. Peavy (7-1)

METS INSIDE PITCH

The Mets lost two out of three to the Arizona Dimandbacks, and now move on two San Diego. The Mets send Pedro Martinez who is a perfect 9-0 this year against Jake Peavy (7-1). A great matchup for a great game. Game time is 7:05 and remeber.......This Is Our Town.

how do you do this?

and it says diamandbacks :lol:

Do you mean my SportsCenter type Box Score? I made it myself in Photoshop. It took like ten minutes to make. It really wasn't that hard. And if your talking about the two hits......I uh, uh, uh.........its still mystifies me lol :lmao: Im gona try another game with -4 contact. If I dont get at least 6 hits Ill move it up to -1.

There's no way the Mets will win the Division...they aren't a good enough team...they are too sporadic in they're playing (much like the Red Sox) I don't even like watching baseball anymore because the Yankees ruined it...

University @ Buffalo's Potential LH Closer= ME!

May 22, 2006

New York Mets (29-15) at San Diego Padres(25-18)

BIG BATS BASH METSmetsplace2ck.jpgat padres2iz.jpg

Martinez (9-0) vs. Peavy (7-1)

The Mets were looking doward to their next game after being shutout by the Dimandbacks. The Mets sent their ace Pedro Martinez who was a perfect 9-0 on the season. In the second inning Brian Giles hit a solo shot off Pedro to give the Padres a 1-0 lead early. In the third the Padres added five more off Pedro with homeruns by Chase Utley and Burroughs. Pedro was yanked out of the game which was his shortest of the season going 3.1 innings. The Mets got on the board in the sixth with a suicide squeez play that brought Marlon Anderson in making it 6-1. In the eighth with a 8-1 lead Giles finished the Mets off with a three run shot, his second of the game, to lead the Padres to an 11-1 victory.

After the game Pedro Martinez was interviewed: "Somedays you have it and somedays you don't. Well today I didn't."

BOX SCORE

boxscoremay206vr.jpg

Next Game:

Tuesday May 23, 2006 7:05 at Petco Park

Mets @ Padres

Lowry (3-4) vs. Lopez (1-1)

TRANSACTIONS

After Monday's game the Mets added a bat to thier lineup. The Mets reached an agreement With the Tampa Ray Devil Rays.

Devil Rays get: C. Brazell and E. Valent

Mets get : J. Phelps

Peter Gammons of Baseball Tonight breaks down the trade:

" This is a very good trade for both teams. The Devil Rays are a team that needed a good fielder and a utility man. The Mets gave them exactly what they needed in return for a big bat. Valent is a hitter that gets the job done for you in key situations, while Brazell adds another bat to the lineup and a average glove. Phelps could be the key the Mets need to win their second straight division title. The Mets needed a big bat and thats what they got. This was a trade that benifits both teams."

The Mets brought up Victor Diaz [RF] to fill in the empty roster spot.

May 23, 2006

New York Mets (29-16) at San Diego Padres (26-18)

METS FALL IN BATTLE

metsplace0fb.jpgat padres5qe.jpg

Lowry (3-4) vs. Lopez (1-1)

With the Mets in a slump the new bat of Phelps hope to give the Mets a spark. In the first things looked good for the Mets as Beltran singled in Estrada to take an early 1-0 lead. In the second though Greene tied it up with an RBI triple. The Mets struck back in the fourth with a reverse. Estrada singled in Beltran to make it 2-1 Mets. The lead didn't last long though when Hernandez tripled in a run making it 2-2. In the eighth Victor Diaz would miss-play a ball off the wall that would allow the Padres to take the lead 3-2. The Mets threatened to rally in the ninth but ran themselves out of it, loosing a heartbreaker.

After the game Willie Randolf was quoted: "This is what teams do. They go into slumps and its just part of the game. Our pitching was good and offense produced runs. The Padres won because they capatalized on our mistakes. We just have to go out there and give it our all tommorow. We can't live in the past."

BOX SCORE

boxscoremay209ea.jpg

Next Game:

Wednesday May 24, 2006 7:05 at Petco Park

Mets @ Padres

Heilman (4-4) vs Wood (4-2)

Guys dont think I have given up on this. Im sorry that updates have not been consistant, but I have football practice (yes I made the football team) three days a week and when I'm not doing that I have baseball. Then comes summer reading for school.(sucks!!!!). Ill try and have an update by this weekend but most likely not. Maybe Sunday.

May 24, 2006

New York Mets (29-17) at San Diego Padres (27-18)2nd inning

METS SNAP LOSING STREAK

metsaway1hq.jpgat padres9dv.jpg

Heilman (4-4) vs Wood (4-2)

The Mets were doing poorly and not scoring runs in the last few games. Willie Randoplh met with the team befrore Wednesdays game, and it apparently worked. Estrada gave the Mets the early lead in the second with a solo shot. Good pitching by Heilman shut down the Padres until the eighth where he gave up back to back HR's to Klesco and Nevin making the score 3-2. The Mets brought in Looper in the ninth and after loading the bases with one out, he got Nevin to ground into the six, two, three DP ending the game and earning his fifteenth save.

After the game Johhny Estada was quoted: "We got into a slump and needed to get out of it quickly. We did just that. The whole team contributed by playing small ball and advancing runners over. This was ateam effort and a team win. If we can play like this every day, we will be the team to beat."

BOX SCORE

boxscoremay202tj.jpg

Next Game:

Friday May 26, 2006 7:10 at Busch Stadium

Mets @ Cardinals

Benson (4-1) vs Marquis (2-4)

INJURY UPDATE

Cliff Floyd is back in action for the Cardinals. Cliff Floyd had been injured previously last week. Wright still has six more days.

Do to lack of interset in the dynasty, I am shutting it down. I barely have time to play anymore becuase of football and baseball, and my spare time is doing summer reading for school. I'm sorry to anyone if anyone was following who liked this. Sorry. Maybe Trues or another moderator can shu this down. [lock]

OuTtTtT :attention:

Archived