Contracts

Deathnotronic

Hey everyone, got a question for anyone if they may know about contracts playing Minor league baseball.

I live in Greenville, SC where we have the Bombers, a Low-A Team of the Red Sox Affiliation, and today, me and my boss got into an argument because he said they only make about $200 a week.

Now I was just wondering if he was right, close, or way off.

If anyone can answer, I'd appreciate it.

well... think about it... 200 a week x 52 weeks a year... is like 10,400.... im very sure they make more than 10,000 a year... i think its like 100,000 minimum... not sure on how much they make exactly... but no way just 10,000... u can make more than that workin at mcdonalds :chin:

Directly from www.minorleaguebaseball.com

4) What do Minor League players earn?

Minor League Baseball player contracts are handled by the Major League Baseball office. Here are the salary ranges:

First contract season: $850/month maximum. After that, open to negotiation

Alien Salary Rates: Different for aliens on visas--mandated by INS (Immigration).

Triple-A--First year: $2,150/month, after first year no less than $2,150/month

Class AA-First year: $1,500/month, after first year no less than $1,500/month

Class A (full season)--First year: $1,050/month, after first year no less than $1,050/month

Class A (short-season)--First year: $850/month, after first year no less than $850/month

Dominican & Venezuelan Summer Leagues--no lower than $300/month

Meal Money: $20 per day at all levels, while on the road

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest JWClubbie

I work in the Minors as a clubbie. I know alot of guys thare college players and late round picks get signing bonuses of like 5,000.

Hey everyone, got a question for anyone if they may know about contracts playing Minor league baseball.

I live in Greenville, SC where we have the Bombers, a Low-A Team of the Red Sox Affiliation, and today, me and my boss got into an argument because he said they only make about $200 a week.

Now I was just wondering if he was right, close, or way off.

If anyone can answer, I'd appreciate it.

well, from talking to MLB scouts, I can say that they are usually signed for about 10k a year. Maybe more maybe less.

So by the time they make AAA, probably 350 a week, just as if they worked a good job.

Archived