History repeats itself

Jim825

I wanted to play another game in the Big O's new Fenway Park, so I had the '78 Yankees (me) take on the '78 Red Sox (Guidry vs. Eckersley).

The Yankees took a quick 2-0 lead, but the Red Sox came back to tie it up and then go ahead 3-2. Late in the game, Reggie Jackson tied up the game with a long homerun to right field. The game remains tied 3-3 going into the last inning.

Leading off the inning is Bucky Dent (I'm serious here!). Dent takes a pitch and then drives the next offering from Drago over the Green Monster to give the Yanks a 4-3 lead! To make it even better, I wasn't even holding the stick up when I hit the ball.

Sparky Lyle gives up a leadoff single in the bottom of the inning and Gossage comes in from the bullpen. He induces a groundball which results in a close double play and gets the next batter to hit a comebacker to the mound which he throws to first to seal the win.

A - mazing, I knew there were reasons why the time was put into this!

It was amazing. As soon as I realized it was a homerun, I just shook my head, smiled and asked myself, "Did that really just happen?". I can still remember racing home from school my senior year of high school to catch the last few innings of that '78 playoff game. Being a Yankees fan, that game was one of the biggest baseball highlights of my life.

Disgusting. Pack up and leave town or else I'll have to come down there and do it personally. There shall be no Bucky Dent stories if you are to bear the name Shrewsbury! :eew: :wall: :eek:

Amen man, haven't all of us Sox fans suffered enough pain to not be rmeinded of our past?

It was amazing. As soon as I realized it was a homerun, I just shook my head, smiled and asked myself, "Did that really just happen?". I can still remember racing home from school my senior year of high school to catch the last few innings of that '78 playoff game. Being a Yankees fan, that game was one of the biggest baseball highlights of my life.

No problem. I guess I'll just have to keep the Total Classics Phase 3 portraits to myself then. It would be a shame not to share them because they do look nice, but if that's what you want...... :flux: We'll just tell everyone that mastasports1 is the reason that there are no portraits in Phase 3.

Plus, you have no idea what we Yankee fans have had to endure. We've now gone 5 LONG years without a World Series title! Oh the humanity!!

no we need those portraits man-hey by the way noe that the Sox won last year it the White Sox and Cubs that need to start complaining. The Cubs last World series was 1945-last win 1908. The White Sox last series 1959-last win 1917-so it's there turn now. Maybe this is the Sox year.

Archived