The Chiefs of the AL Central - An Indians Dynasty

Kriegz

startpreview2qj.png

My dynasty will begin shortly with Preseason previews and analysis, it will of course be with the Cleveland Indians, I am using Ultimate Rosters 3.5 with countless tweaks that I made. I am also using a Kumala Datafile with Pared's All Star Sliders + tweaks to accompany my personal skills. The level will be all star. Game reports will alternate between settings of the FSN Indians postgame show and Baseball Tonight, and with articles from the Plain Dealer, from Clevelands best sports writers

I hope I will have alot of followers, so they can join in the fun I am going to have with this

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PlainDealerSports.gif

Indians Preview 2005

- Paul Hoynes

tribe_postcards.jpg

icon_cle.gif1B - At the Majors This will be an important year to decide the future of the Indians 1B position. Ben Broussard will have to play well this year in order to keep his spot in Mark Shapiro's plan, Michael Aubrey is a top prspect lurking at Akron, so Broussard will have to pick up his gameplay or else he could turn out as trade bait half way through the season, he will be valuable to contenders because he is young and is already one of the best fielding 1B in the game. Travis Hafner will occasionaly play at 1B but the expectation is that Eric Wedge will use him mostly as DH, and if something goes terribly wrong, Casey Blake and Jose Hernandez are useful utility players that can both play at First.......One Call Away- Jeff Liefer is a solid 1B backup with lots of MLB experience who will likely get the call if an Indians 1B goes on the DL, look for him to have a big year offensively in Buffalo. Mike Kinkade is another player who will play some 1B in Buffalo, he had a good spring and was able to earn a spot in the Cleveland organization, he also has MLB experience in LA.......For the Future The Indians are very strong at the Majors at the 1 bag position, and the same goes for their low minor leauge teams. Michael Aubrey had a weak year last year in the rookie leauge that was plauged by Injury, the Indians hope he can bounce back in Akron this year, because he is still one of thier top 5 prospects, in single A Kinston, Fernando Pacheo, a seldom talked about prospect, is another strong hitting lefty, who scouts will be keeping a close eye on in 2005.

-----------------------------------

Part 1 of 9, next up is a complete breakdown of the 2B position

PlainDealerSports.gif

Indians Preview 2005

- Paul Hoynes

tribe_postcards.jpg

icon_cle.gif2B - At the Majors The starter was solidified last year when Ronnie Belliard had a breakout All Star season, the Indians expect another big year from him this season, even though he may not be the long-term plan. The Indians will also have Jose Hernandez, a veteran who will see siginfigant time against lefty pitching, and Ramon Vazquez, a utility infielder who struggled with Boston before being dealt to Cleveland for IF Alex Cora.......One Call Away- When the Indians traded Bartolo Colon to Montreal a few years back, IF Brandon Phillips was the key part of the deal. Years later the other pieces of the trade have risen (Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore) while Phillips' stock has steadily declined after putting up weak seasons at Buffalo and looking absolutly disgusting when called up to the bigs, though he is only 23, this season will be pivitol to see if he is still a peice in the Tribe's puzzle, if he continues to fail, Danny Garcia is a solid hitting 2B who earned a spot on the team this spring, he is still only 25, Jake Gatuerau is another IF at Buffalo who could get a call, though he is still develpoing. Down in Akron is veteran Warren Morris who possibly could work his way up to Cleveland before this year is over.......For the Future Ivan Ochoa is an average prospect at AA Akron, and will have to earn back his respect quickly in order to keep his place in the orginization (He was suspended 10 games this spring for using an illegal substance). At single A Kinston, Eider Torres is a slowly developing, power hitting 2B.

Part 2 of 9, next up is a complete breakdown of the SS position

PlainDealerSports.gif

Indians Preview 2005

- Paul Hoynes

tribe_postcards.jpg

icon_cle.gifSS - At the Majors This season will decide who will be the SS of the future for the Indians. Jhonny Peralta is a player who was an average prospect that has quickly risen his stock up till this spring when he exploded offensively, earning him the starting SS position to start the season. Peralta is a a pretty decent hitter against lefties and has proven to be a clutch player. For the third time, we mention Jose Hernandez, he can also play the SS position, in fact it is where he played for most of his career and is most comfortable there. We will see Brandon Phillips in the majors to challenge Peralta soon enough.......One Call Away- Brandon Phillips, we will see him at the majors before the season gets to far, even quicker if he can put things together in Buffalo, once he gets to the majors the Indians will likely have him split playing time with Jhonny Peralta to decide who is likely going to own the spot for years to come, Joe Inglett is a career AAA player and will likely not see any time in Cleveland this season.......For the Future- One of Akron's offensive stars this year will be SS Jose Morban, despite struggling in past years in the majors, he was rushed up by the Orioles, and he is only 25 with some potential, if he has a good season in Akron this year, he may have a small window of opprotunity at being a part in the Indians plans for the future, Anthony Luneta is a star prospect in Kinston, and he will definately have a chance with the Indians in a few years

Part 3 of 9, next up is a complete breakdown of the 3B position

PlainDealerSports.gif

Indians Preview 2005

- Paul Hoynes

tribe_postcards.jpg

icon_cle.gif3B - At the Majors Aaron Boone is a veteran that will start the season at 3B for the Indians. He is on the downside of his career and will have to hit well, because if he isn't and the Indians are in contention for a playoff spot, they will search the market for a better 3B. If things go bad, Casey Blake has played 3B for the past and could switch back with ease. Ramon Vazquez is another verteran but is not much better than Boone offensively .......One Call Away- Mike Kinkade is a veteran who will start the season at Buffalo, he is an average hitter who has Major Leauge experience with the Dodgers, Jake Gautreau is an average prospect who has a small chance at playing for the Indians this year.......For the Future - At Akron, Pat Osborn is a decent power hitter but he has never been a part of the big picture and won't be, because the prize prospect at 3B is Kinston's Kevin Kouzmanoff, he is a star hitter and is one of Cleveland's top 5 prospects, in a few years he will be the answer at third for the Tribe

Part 4 of 9, next up is a complete breakdown of the C position

PlainDealerSports.gif

Indians Preview 2005

- Paul Hoynes

tribe_postcards.jpg

icon_cle.gifC - At the Majors Victor Martinez is the catcher of the future if there ever was one, he was one of the best hitters in the majors last year and hopes to repeat, the Indians will attempt to sign him to a long term deal this season, Josh Bard is a good young catcher and will be a very solid backup, he could be a part of a blockbuster trade if the Indians pull one off this year.......One Call Away- Ryan Garko is a 24 year old power hitting catcher who will be a very solid player in years to come, if something happens with Martinez or Bard is traded, he will be called up and will fill in well, they also have veteran Dusty Wathan, but he is a career AAA player and doesn't have much of a future in the orginization.......For the Future- At Akron, Javier Herrera is an average catching prospect and the Aeros hope he can come through with a good year at the plate, Akron's success could hinge on his play this year, at single A Kinston lurks top prospect Wyatt Toregas, who will be the replacement after the Victor Martinez era, which is still a while down the road

Part 5 of 9, next up is a complete breakdown of the RF-LF positions

PlainDealerSports.gif

Indians Preview 2005

- Paul Hoynes

tribe_postcards.jpg

icon_cle.gifRF-LF - At the Majors The Indians OF at the majors is one of thier biggest assets, mostly because of thier speed and depth, this season, the starting Left Fielder will be the speedy and proven Coco Crisp, he will shoot for a .300 average this season as he is one of the most solid hitters on the team, the backup will be Ryan Ludwick, a young power hitter who has been injured most of his career and he will shoot for a solid season to solidify a spot on the team, in RF the Indians have the options of using Casey Blake, who will be playing his first season of RF, and Juan Gonzalez, who will be a defensive liability, but has a strong bat that will help the team .......One Call Away- Buffalo also is very stong in the OF, lead by RF Jody Gerut, who is coming off of a serious knee injury last season. He will likely see some time in Cleveland. The backup in RF will be the veteran John Rodriguez, who also has a solid bat, but Gerut's glove gives him the edge. In LF another veteran, Ernie Young will start, he has a solid bat, and if there is an injury, he will be a solid fill in for Cleveland, the backup is spring signee Andy Abad, who will likely see lots of at bats against Right handers because he has proven to beat them time and again.......For the Future- Akron's gaping hole is a solid corner outfielder, they only have 2 who will both start. In RF the Aeros will start Jonathan Van Every who has not yet proved that he can hit the ball consistantly. In LF, the even less proven J.J. Sherrel will start. In Kinston, solid prospect Jason Cooper will start in RF and Ben Francisco will start in Left, he is a good power hitter but needs to cut down on his strikeouts.

Part 6 of 9, next up is a complete breakdown of the CF position

PlainDealerSports.gif

Indians Preview 2005

- Paul Hoynes

tribe_postcards.jpg

icon_cle.gifCF - At the Majors In Cleveland lurks one of the best young hitters that the game has ever seen, Grady Sizemore. The Indians aquirred him when he was a Single A player from Montreal, for Bartolo Colon. After that he was on the fast track to stardom as he crawled up the charts to become one of the top 10 prospects in the country. Last year he made a splash in his major leauge debut, and he is back to improve on his performance, and hopes to have a breakout year as the starting CF. Coco Crisp will start in Left but also has experience in CF and can play there as well.......One Call Away- The starting CF will be ex-Orioles prospect Darnell McDonald. He is a solid batter and was able to stay on the team after his suspension for illegal substances, Mark Shapiro seriously considered releasing him but they didnt have many more options, so he stayed and will start in Center. If something were to happen with Sizemore, he would likely get the call to the bigs.......For the Future- In Akron is possibly the Indians top prospect that is not in the majors, Franklyn Gutierrez. The Indians didn't trade Milton Bradley for him straight up for nothing, scouts compare his speed-power combo to that of Carlos Beltran. It is not impossible for him to see time at the bigs late in the season, but the Indians have no need to rush him so they will probualy let him develop in Akron. In Kinstion, they have another top prospect, Brad Snyder, another guy with good speed and a solid bat, he will be Kinston's offensive centerpiece .

Part 7 of 9, next up is a complete breakdown of the SP position

Tribe Trades Gerut ; Adds Dubois

-Bud Shaw

gerutcubsportrait7da.pngduboisindiansportrait2qh.png

Jody Gerut ---- Jason Dubois

icon_cle.gifMark Shapiro wasted no time in the front office today, making a preseason trade to add a young power outfielder in Jason Dubois. Dubois was one of Chicago's top young hitters and Mark Shapiro is very pleased with the addition. "I have had my eye on (Dubois) for quite some time, he has potential to be great and I am glad to have him in Cleveland", commented Shapiro. Gerut will become an important piece in the Cubs outfield and Dubois will open up options in Cleveland. Shapiro added, "This will open up the option of starting Dubois in RF and playing Casey Blake at 3B, or Boone there and many different combonations. This deal is really about options." The Indians will add Dubois to the major leauge club, which forces the Indians to demote OF Ryan Ludwick to AAA. Ludwick will be the starting RF in Buffalo.

Note: This was a real life trade so I had to include it

Baseball%20Tonight%20Logo.gif

Trade winds continue to stir thruout leauge

petergammons1sz.png

2004-08-22-trio.jpg

Trade talks stayed busy today, this afternoon the Indians shopped Jody Gerut to Chicago to add Jason Dubois. Now tonight, officials from the Baltimore Orioles orginization tell me that the Orioles are very close to completing a 3 way trade with Florida and Pittsburgh to get ace pitcher A.J. Burnett. They say it works out like this...

Baltimore gets:

SP A.J. Burnett

1B Daryle Ward

Florida Gets:

OF Larry Bigbie

RP Jorge Julio

SP Mark Redman

SP Hayden Penn

Pittsburgh gets:

3B Mike Lowell

The Orioles get the ace that they have been shopping for, A.J Burnett, and Daryle Ward, a valuable player who has resurected his career in Pittsburgh, this a deal they have been looking to complete for quite some time. Florida gets alot in return for this deal, OF Larry Bigbie, reliver Jorge Julio, star prospect Hayden Penn, and Mark Redman would return to Miami. While losing Lowell, Miguel Cabrera would move back to his natural position, 3B, and Bigbie will start in the outfield. Pittsburgh would get veteran Mike Lowell who can't carry the team, but will be a building block for next year. The only thing holding this trade up for the moment is Baltimore making sure that they could sign Burnett to a long term deal, otherwise it would not make much sense for them to go through.

looks like it is going to be a good dynasty all the positions are ready so can't wait for the season to start

Not exactly, I still have to do the pitching which I will do tommarrow, then I will start to play games after I finish my Indians cyberfaces and update my game with all the newest mods, and try out the .sav reader. Then will come opening day, I expect on Thursday or Friday, just trying to get things rolling early

Archived