MLB on FOX Pack WIP

Dan

All changed files will be included in one download. I'll have the changed files in separate folders depending on which /data folder they go in. You'll just have to copy and paste the files into the specified folder. Most of it will be in the /data/frontend folder.

Anything else you think needs changed? Please post below. Also, the following are needed:

This Week In Baseball Logo (300x300 min.)

I took the logo on the TWIB site and blew it up and created a logo over it for you. It's 640x480, so I'll link to it: TWIB Logo

Here is the Photoshop file of the logo: TWIB Logo PSD

TWIB Logo PSD Alpha

It's not totally 100% accurate, but it is very close and given the fact that I couldn't find a good sized logo anywhere either, I hope you can use it.

Also, the closing theme (if you'd like to put in in the menu music) can be found http://www.geocities.com/netnewsmusic/abc.html albeit in rather poor quality.

Hope either helps! Good luck with your project.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before...

I went to videos.google.com and searched for mlb on fox, and up came a pic of a game with the new bar. I enlarged the image, then duplicated some things to make it a nice clear bar, and now I have the perfect score bar. I'll put it in the game tonight and try to move some stuff around (for the first time - never done an overlay before) before I take off for Hersheypark tomorrow. :cheer: The loading screens aren't coming along so well - the game crashes with the new loading screens. I'll probably wait till Saturday to try and fix that. I'm going with red and blue for the team names. Also, is there a possible way to convert a TTF font into an en.fft file (the extention might not be right, but it's a fifa 2005 font I think)? I know how to change fonts just I need to convert. Also, I went to all the foxsports.com team pages and saved the logos, and will try to change them, which will update the team logos to the new oval ones. And a final note, I have changed the colors from the faded blue/white and silver (KSM new FOX overlay) to gold and black, to fit the fox theme. cheers.

At this time, I don't think it is possible to add/edit the fonts. I've tried importing other FFN font files from the Need For Speed series, but while they seem to be similar, they are not quite the same format. I don't know about FIFA fonts, however - they are probably newer and perhaps they would work.

My theory is that unlike true type fonts which are vector based, the EA fonts are pixel based (like images). I say this because EA provides the same font in different sizes - for instance, there is a "twc" font that comes in sizes 14, 16, and 18. So it seems likely that the "font" file is actually an image that contains all the characters the game would use, and then it is cut up and arranged (and colored) so it appears as it does in the game.

DYousa, can I use your audio pack V.2 for my pack? You'd get credit for that part.

I did try to change the font, by packing the .ttf file in fonts.big and changed the team fonts in the fes_hudleft/right.fel files to the other ttf file, but that didn't work.

Thanks for the tip and permission, DYousa.

I finished the scorebar, and it looks great. I just need to move the numbers and stuff and it'll be good. And why does the game crash when I use my loading screens?

Madden 2006 is finally coming this week, but I have no plans whatsoever to drop this project. In fact, I am still going full steam ahead, and just finishing up moving the numbers/text on the scorebar. I didn't think it would be so easy!!! Pics coming soon...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived