LeVeRRe's Portrait Project

LeVeRRe

This will be the new topic that will contain all of the discussion about my portrait sets from this point on. So far, Toronto, Anaheim, Los Angeles, and Arizona are available for download. I just uploaded New York AL, Texas and Atlanta, and they should be available by tomorrow. I will keep releasing more teams as I get them done. Eventually I plan to have updated each team in the MLB, AAA and AA.

In this threat you can post feedback, ask questions about the updates and voice any concerns you have or ask for a certain team to be next on my list. Let me know if the interest is still there for these updates.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the yankees portraits a few notes...

the pic you have for mark phillips (pitcher of AA) is actually from Andy Phillips (Catcher for columbus, who isnt in totalminors)

david parrish's picture was on the yankees 40 man roster, but he was recently released, tyler houston was also released. they are replaced by tanyon sturtze and kevin hooper (of LA and FLA's systems respectively) Tanyon's picture shows up in the game fine, but Kevin's doesnt, but his picture is on the yankees's 40 man roster site now though, maybe a portrait can be made out of that

As for the other missing ones...

Arias - Was traded to texas in the arod deal, so dont care about him

Beal - http://www.trentonthunder.com/FTP/Photos/R...BEAL-P03001.jpg best i can find

Betts - http://www.canoe.ca/MLBCImages/betts_todd.jpg best i can find

Cabrera - Hory has a decent up closer of him

Cosme - Nothing

Desalvo - http://www.battlecreekyankees.com/uploads/.../80_desalvo.jpg - up close. http://www.marietta.edu/~athl/images/baseball/DeSalvo_2.jpg - college pic

Garcia - http://www.battlecreekyankees.com/uploads/...r/0_garciaj.jpg

Guillen - Hory has a decent up closer of him

Halsey - http://www.trentonthunder.com/FTP/Photos/R...sey,%20Brad.jpg best i can find

Kelly - Hory's has a pic from the mets, cant find the source

Myrow - http://www.trentonthunder.com/FTP/Photos/R...ow,%20Brian.jpg best i can find

Sardinha - http://www.battlecreekyankees.com/uploads/.../0_sardinha.jpg up closer

Stephens - no idear.

Valdez - http://www.battlecreekyankees.com/uploads/...er/0_valdez.jpg

Great work so far, the only thing i noticed when i installed the photos is that tony pena doesn't show up in the mvp editor for the braves as well as michael rose for the rangers. i haven't checked the photos in game yet, but please keep 'em coming! thanks

Hey guys,

Just wondering... I recently completed a fantasy draft and have begun a new dynasty. When I install Leverre's portraits, will they update players on the fantasty dynasty teams?

Thanks for the help...

By the way, great job Leverre, your portraits seem to be a big hit!

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to see that interest is still there for these. The Tony Pena issue is because when my old cpu crashed I lost the pics I had been collecting and when I restarted on my laptop I couldn't find a good one of him again, so the update list should actually say that it's missing. I'll look into Mike Rose, I swear I did that one.

Seattle and the Pirates are bumped to the top of the list. I'll work on them when I'm not at work this week, I have a 3 day weekend coming up so I shoudl be able to have both and a few other teams done by sat. Fingers crossed.

As for the other issues about rosters (yanks). These updates are for the Totalminors roster set which GForce was so kind to give us fans, and the pics were done to suit that roster, which was as of opening day. So Sturtze is still with the other team. Sorry. mayeb after the other teams are done, I can get back to slight alterations.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

I find the minor league pictures in a variety of places on the net. I search through the minor league official websitesd for each team, as well as the mlb.com player search, and gettyimages. Generally I find most of them, but there is usually about 10 per team I can't find.

Some players that I opt not to update photos for in the minors do have pictures out there on the net, but in my opinion they are not of the quality to make it worthwhile. I try and find a nice, clear, posed photo which I can edit to fit the dimensions I need. I would rather have a blank or MVP generated face then a sub-par picture. There are some in the set's I've released that I don't think meet my standards, but I included them, and I just delete them in my own personal copies. I thought it should be to each of you to decided which pics to use or not use.

Cheers, LeVeRRE

btw - I'm working a lot right now, but do have the weekend off. I will try and get more uploads soon, but this takes a great deal of time, and to be honest I do not want to burn myself out and loss the love for this game, which I haven't actually played a game of in months as I've been tweaking portraits and waiting for totalminors.

Hey All,

Having the weekend off of work has been nice, and has allowed me to get focused on these portraits again. So here's an update as to where my newest sets stand. The following teams will be up within the week, Baltimore, Boston, Houston, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Oakland, Pittsburg and Seattle. This may be a lofty goal I'm setting for myself, but I should be able to have all of these teams up by the end of the week. Hopefullt at least 3 of them sunday night.

Any more requests? If not I'll just keep plugging along doing the teams in a random order as to which I'm feelin at the moment. All will be done as soon as possible, so we can all get the Totalminors v3 and these portrait files, and get back to actually playing this game.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

Hey all,

Sorry for no update last night. I had some unexpected circumstances here at home present themselves. No biggie, but a time killer. So here's the deal. I have a variety of teams ready to be converted to .fsh files and uploaded, but I have found that the quickest way to get all of the teams done is by prepping them all, finding the pics, then edditing them and uploading them in groups. That way I can get into a rhythm and not be going back and forth converting one team, find pics for another and modifying for another. So i may be the end of the week before an upload comes, (probably sooner), but the rest of the teams should come very quickly as a result. Hope that makes sense.

As for the sudden surge in other modders compiling portrait updates and beginning the same process as I have begun modding pics to fit totalminors, congrats and welcome to the party, but I still plan to do each team myself as they would then have a similar look and feel, instead of a bunch of different looks and methods (hat or not hat, white outline or cut edges, etc). I think it was Hory that is using others mods to release a big batch, I may be wrong. Feel free to use mine if you like, but please do credit me as each team does take approx 5 hrs to do to get them as high quality as I like them. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

I am definately looking forward to the photo set updates. is there any word on how they are coming along and when they will be released? I am looking forward to the total minors release to coincide with the pirates portrait update. btw, thanks to both LeVerre and Gforce for their continuing effort on improving this game. Good work fellas, and cheers. I will drink a guinness in your honor. thanks.

Hey guys,

I work this weekend, but should be able to get a bunch of teams uploaded this in the next few days, I had some extra time so I also did the free agent list, which I'll post tonight. Pittsburg is definitely up by tomorrow lebowski3, so you can get your dynasty started.....i hope I can finally get one going soon.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

P.S. - thanks for the kind words and feedback, it's nice to hear that the people are using and enjoying my updates.

Hey again,

I know it's been about a week since I release anything new, but I've been working like mad (actualy job) and on the portraits. Free Agents, Pittsburg and Seattle will be up tomorrow for sure, and I hope at least one more team, maybe more. I'm gonna try and fire the rest out ASAP so we can get the newest Totalminors and get down to playtime. For anyone that is gonna start a dynasty before these updates are done, that is great, I suggest you assign all of the players in the game the appropriate ID# using HaloFan and Tony3's format, and then alphabetically for each team,as I do in my updates, then when a new one comes out you can install it and the pics will appear without having to restart a dynasty.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

Here we go,

The Free Agents, and Seattle are uploading as I write this. Pittsburg will be tonight as will Kansas City. KC had good pics, but the light blue I found quite unappealing so i did them all in their black caps for all I could find, I think they are more graphically appealing. So, FA, Seattle, Pitts and KC tonight. Who know's maybe I'll throw another 2 up if I continue at this pace. probably San Fran, St. Louis, Montreal and Tampa by the end of the weekend.

Enjoy, and please keep the feedback coming, I am genuinely interested in what you all think of these and any request will be considered.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

Archived