Steven Carlton Cyberface complete with PeterB Help

baseballfans

Carlton_Steve_1.jpg

Ok after searching online I can't find a good front photo of Carlton except this one. If anyone know how change black to color photo. Show me how and post your result if possible here, so I can start on the cyberface project.

Also anyone have any suggestion which heads in EA game may matches with Steve?

Update: cyberface preview a few message down

I'll show it to you step by step so you and anyone else reading this can do it yourself. It takes some practice but if you have a sense for color and infinite time and patience, it can work for you.

carltstep1.jpg

First you straighten out the image as much as you can without distorting it (use rotate canvas) and then start to get something approaching skin tone this way: First change the mode to rgb color, then go to color balance and add a little yellow and a little red. Maybe some magenta or blue, whatever, just a little to make it monochrome but not black and white. You can also go into hue and saturation and up the color saturation a bit but don't overdo anything at this stage.

carltoncutout.gif

Cut out the face. If you have sideburns, cut them out too so you have an idea where they come on the ear.

carltstep2.jpg

Place your cutout over a face you think might work. I used Gehrig just because I had him open. I have no idea if Gehrig will work, but this is just a demonstration. Make your face around 50% opacity so you can see through it. You're going to have to match up the eyes, nose tip, and mouth with the face under it for it to work over that face's mesh.

carltstep3.jpg

I went back and forth between free transform and distort and got it matched up pretty well. Sometimes this doesn't happen and you have to make some face parts larger or smaller or move them up or down.

carltstep4.jpg

Okay now get rid of all the extra junk around the edges of the face. I usually have opacity of the top face in the 70's or 80's from here on. You want some of the face below to show through as it aids in blending the edges. Go at the edges a bit at a time with a large eraser set to low settings, anywhere between 10 and 50% depending on the job. Next in this case, the nose is on a slightly altered angle. Either you can cut one half and double it over to make it look like it's pointing straight forward, or you can cheat if the below face has a similar nose, haha. That's what I did here.

carltstep5.jpg

Next, you go back into color balance and hue and saturation and play gently with all the controls till it matches the background face as well as you can. I used to alter the background to match the foreground and ended up with faces that didn't match any body skin tones in the game, so it's better to alter the top level till it matches the one beneath. Then finally, make sure the mouth is shut unless you're going for an effect, and fill in the eyes with whatever color surrounds the eyes on the lower left. That will be the color of the animated eyelids in the game.

Then you try it out on a face mesh and get disappointed that it looks bizarrely nothing like the face you wanted it to look like. Well, that's what USUALLY happens next, anyway.

I haven't tested this in the game but I doubt Carlton will work over Gehrig. Hopefully it's clear enough that you can get the idea though. Good luck!

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot to say I enlarge the face bmps to 512 by 512 to work on them then put them back at 128 by 256 when I'm going to put them back in the fsh.

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you do your own Carlton? You seem to be a nose expert, please show us what you can do with Carlton. Maybe it'll be as good as your Curt Flood. Maybe it'll be as good as Baseballfans' Ted Williams, which I've modded on top of. I think it's a compliment to mod a mod, hopefully Baseballfans agrees with me. Good luck!

Ok enough of this mouth bashing HardcoreLegend/ peterbernard.

Can't we just be friend? I mean the mods was meant to make this game better, not to harm each other. I am playing TC4 and want to enjoy everyone contribution to this mod. And I hope all of you too.

I have a special treat before the night of Christmas hehe I 'll keep it a surprise mod so everyone stay tune. :D

• 5 months later...

Archived