Why do I have grey borders around my portraits?

Cris987

As most people know, I make some portraits for MVP Baseballl, but the problem is, I always have these grey borders around the pictures.

Does it have to do with FshEdit importing .psd 's? It just disgusts me to see those grey borders differ from the default ones.

It'd be very nice is someone would help. It'd help everyone.

Thx,

Cris

how are you lining up the alpha?..i've made some portraits using Paint Shop Pro, and i only get those borders if i make the alpha and line it up in PSP on FULL View.

I think that's the problem. I never do anything with "alpha" or watever. I make a transparent image, save it as .psd , and import it with FshEdit.

How are you SUPPOSE to do it?

Here is how I do it,

This is a detailed tutorial on how I do TRANSPARENCY

1. Open your image, make sure it is 128x128

2. Go to the layer screen and select new layer

3. make it so only the layer 1 is visible and fill it in with black form the paint bucket.

4. make it so only the layer with the palyers face is visible, double click on it on the layers screen.

5. Hit enter when is says new layer, the layer that used to be called backroud should now be called Layer 0

6. Use the magic wand ( a tolerance of 20 works for me ), and keep clicking until it is all selected

7. Delete it by hitting backspace, You should have checkers in the backround which represent transparency.

8. Drag the black layer underneath layer 0 in the layers box

9. zoom in alot and select the eraser ( I use opaicity 70% and i use the 3rd smallest brush size )

10. Slowly go around the edges of the portrait with the eraser, get rid of any of these so called gray spots.

See the left side is done with this method and the right is not

11. Once you are done going around the picture, make it so that the black backround is only visible, change it white with the paint bucket.

12. Make the face visible over top and go over it again, this is to make sure you did'nt miss any spots and helps make the border even less visible.

13. Delete layer 1 and you should have a checker backround again

14. Don't forget to save ;)

Here is a picture without the touchup method,

Here is a picture with the touchup method

as you should tell, this helps alot

Hope this helps ya'll :D

What file format do you save your pictures in? And do you use FshEdit?

I tried your method and it didn't work. So I got pissed and just chopped Ramirez's head right down the middle. The result was that there would be grey borders in between his "2 heads".

RoyalBlues tell me how to do that :banghead:

after i do the transparency, i save the picture that was formerly a bmp a a psd. Then i open the .fsh file for the player in FshEd and update his pictyre using the plugin that works for photoshop. Is that your problem? you can get the plugin here,

http://www.sportplanet.com/nbalive/fshed/index.shtml

after it is in the plugins folder open fshed and open up the .fsh file for the player you want to update, go to tools and graphic importer then click poen and select you file. Once it apperars on the small screen, click update. your .fsh file should be updated.

If the problem is that you keep erasing the picture by accident, maybe your hand isn't steady enough only thing that would help there is to zoom in more.

Hope this helps :D

after i do the transparency, i save the picture that was formerly a bmp a a psd. Then i open the .fsh file for the player in FshEd and update his pictyre using the plugin that works for photoshop. Is that your problem? you can get the plugin here,

http://www.sportplanet.com/nbalive/fshed/index.shtml

after it is in the plugins folder open fshed and open up the .fsh file for the player you want to update, go to tools and graphic importer then click poen and select you file. Once it apperars on the small screen, click update. your .fsh file should be updated.

If the problem is that you keep erasing the picture by accident, maybe your hand isn't steady enough only thing that would help there is to zoom in more.

Hope this helps :D

Do you have any portraits uploaded? Cuz I'm doing everything you said and still there would be grey borders around my portraits.

Yes you can get my mariners update here

http://www.mvpmods.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.p...file&id=605

The rating is bad because i cut off some of the chins and some of the pictures were bad quality, i have fixed that for version 2 i want to have all of the players from GForces TotalMinors on it and I have all of the players exept for these,

Aaron Jensen

Gustavo Martinez

If anyone has these, I would appriciate it.

If the grey borders are still there, maybe when you are going around the picture you need to come in a little bit and erase the edges a little more.

Hope This helps,

TribeTime26 :D

Yes you can get my mariners update here

http://www.mvpmods.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.p...file&id=605

The rating is bad because i cut off some of the chins and some of the pictures were bad quality, i have fixed that for version 2 i want to have all of the players from GForces TotalMinors on it and I have all of the players exept for these,

Aaron Jensen

Gustavo Martinez

If anyone has these, I would appriciate it.

If the grey borders are still there, maybe when you are going around the picture you need to come in a little bit and erase the edges a little more.

Hope This helps,

TribeTime26 :D

Well....see those little grey borders that go around the portraits? The left one is kinda obvious, and the Brett Boone one is clearly shown around the hat.

I'm going to upload my version 2.0 sometime in he next hour, it has all of the players on GForces TotalMinors exept for,

Aaron Jensen

Gustavo Martinez

Jeff Flaig- I have one for him but it is really bad quality

I cant find them anywhere, it is like these guys don't exist :(

I updated alot of the guys photos that wern't that good of quality and fixed how some of the guys chins got cut off.

Hope you like it :)

Those really arn't that bad, I know that dvil24 does a better job on his but if you are going to complain about that, no offense, but you are getting a little picky :|

I'm not saying it's your fault, I have da same problem.

I'm just trying to find out how devil24 or other people make it so that there's no grey border around the picture.

It has nothing to do with erasing the borders, i think. It's more to do with making .bmp and alpha 's . Something I don't know how to do.

So, just asking people if they know how.

It'll help us both.

Most of the good pic hosting sites are paysites, but only around $20 a year for the bare necessities. I use PictureTrail. If you don't have a way to set up an account anywhere, just send me the pics and I can upload them to my host then send you the links to them...just hit my e-mail button down there.

Archived