Classic Yankee Stadium Final version released

paulw

THE final version of Classic Yankee Stadium has been released. This features a number of changes since the version available in TC4 including additional pillars and fixed disappearing object bugs. This is about as far as we can take it. Enjoy and have a terrific holiday season :D

yankee2.jpg

As someone who first saw a game in 1964 at Yankee Stadium......thank you............

I envy you! What a great place to see your first game. 1964 was the last championship season for the Mantle, Ford Yankees. I guess I did alright myself - my first real recollections of games start around 1964. I got to see Aaron, Spahn and Mathews from 1960 to 1965 here in Milwaukee. County Stadium, however, was not exactly Yankee. I hope Classic Yankee brings back some memories for you.

Who are we kidding? You are going to find a way to make this even more awesome and you're going to do it. I have complete faith in that belief.

I guess it's kinda nice to have someone having faith in me :o In all seriouseness, though, I want to get at a couple of other ballparks. The one I'd like to do most is Fenway from about 1960 or so. That place was *BEAUTIFUL* back then.

I guess it's kinda nice to have someone having faith in me :o In all seriouseness, though, I want to get at a couple of other ballparks. The one I'd like to do most is Fenway from about 1960 or so. That place was *BEAUTIFUL* back then.

the Boston Public Library has hundreds and hundreds of old pictures of Fenway they posted to the web, from the opening to the mid-60s. I've always wanted to build the '75 Fenway in mvp, and it really shouldn't be all that difficult to accomplish. Keep me apprised.

75 Fenway was still looking great! That's as good a year as any. I loved the Buck Printing Company sign in center and that old scoreboard on top of the right field stands. Fenway today is just a bit too busy - it lost some of it's innocence and sincerity. You're officially "in the loop" Sean :-) I'll be emailing you some stuff.

paulw.....I was 8 years old...we sat down the right field line near the foul pole....I still remember Maris going up against the low right field fence...like you have it now....snaring a line drive....true...I could write a book about all the stuff I saw in Yankee Stadium......You are very talented...you got it right...thats pretty much how it looked.....thank you.....

75 Fenway was still looking great! That's as good a year as any. I loved the Buck Printing Company sign in center and that old scoreboard on top of the right field stands. Fenway today is just a bit too busy - it lost some of it's innocence and sincerity. You're officially "in the loop" Sean :-) I'll be emailing you some stuff.

http://www.bpl.org/sportstemples/advsearch.asp << visit, and wish every single city in the country had the same amount of information. The pictures of Braves Field alone are a dream, then when you add in the Gahden, Fenway, South End Grounds and Huntington, it's just incredible.

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/lofiver....php/t2224.html << also some great stuff.

I'm currently working on a super-realistic version of Fenway in Vectorworks, where I'm building everything from scratch, along with my proposal for the future. The upside of this is that I'll have a tremendous store of knowledge of those little things no one ever really thinks about, like how the seating comes together in the little tight corners and angles around the park. It should be pretty great.

paulw.....I was 8 years old...we sat down the right field line near the foul pole....I still remember Maris going up against the low right field fence...like you have it now....snaring a line drive....true...I could write a book about all the stuff I saw in Yankee Stadium......You are very talented...you got it right...thats pretty much how it looked.....thank you.....

Knight, I hope you've had the chance to see the HBO movie '61. That d*mn thing made me cry at the end. I'm serious! What an awesome flick. I've got the DVD and probably watched it about 10 times. They need a new ending now however. Here's my new scene sequence...

McGwire talking to the press after hitting his 62nd (that's the part that got me all swoony)

Cut away scene talking about the * being taken away by Fay Vincent(the current end)

Mark McGwire testifying before the congress on steriod use ("I'm not here to talk about the past")

Now that would really take you through a quick roller coaster ride of emotions.

• 3 weeks later...

Paul, I have a concern. Now, first off I LOVE your Yankee Stadium. I play the 2nd most number of my games there. However, there seems to be a problem with CF. I hit a 2 BOMBS dead CF in my last game. The first one went what should have been over the wall, only to have the fielder disappear behind the wall and be caught for an out. The second one, was hit alittle in front of the monuments. The ball skipped towards the monuments, and then through the monuments like they were there. I thought for sure they would bounce off or that the fielder would bounce off, instead he went right through as well. I round second base only to see a ball come flying out of nowhere and gun me down sliding into 3rd.

So, uh...I think there is a collision detection problem with CF, the wall (and the monuments if they can even have collision detection).

Is this a common problem?

HCL - Sorry you had a problem. As to the monuments there's just no way to set up collision data with these. The ball and fielder should act as if there's nothing there (bummer, I know). You're bizzare centerfield homer worries me - I'm going to look at the data. Sean and I set this up and hadn't heard of any problems but I'm sure when you mess around as much as we did stuff is going to run amok.

The good news is I'm actually working on *another* (it's a sickness 8O ) update to Yankee. I'll go through and look at all the collision data in the outfield. The main changes in the new version are cosmetic. I'm finally getting rid of my absolutely hideous apartment buildings in left field and also doing some work on the lighting and the sky. Pic:

yankee6.jpg

If anybody else is having wierd stuff happening in Yankee please let me know in this thread. We didn't want to do all this work up to now and then not worry about problems folks are having.

Yeah, and it really wasn't THAT big of a deal. The thing I'm most worried about is players disappearing into the wall. I can understand having the monuments be nothing, but having the CF just disappear kinda takes you out of it. I had a player hit a ball into the Left Center gap and it rolled along the wall towards CF. He ended up getting an inside the park homer because I couldn't find the ball behind the black wall.

Archived