TC: ? on Official Patch Use and Season Mode

chuckm1961

I'm back with two quick (I hope) questions.

One, is there a recommended patch to use for Total Classics? Does it matter? Sounds like #5 is causing some season mode problems.

Two, can I play season mode in TC with any/all of the four levels (Major, AAA, AA, A) that are included?

Thanks, Ted.

I've got this up and running, and it's absolutely amazing. The modders are to be commended for the time and effort. I'm in baseball heaven. Now I can play the '62 Mets against the '27 Yankees like I used to in Strat-O-Matic, but this time I get to watch in living color!

And now ... a couple more questions .... this is a brand-new install of MVP05 and I don't have anything Unlocked (Stadiums, Uniforms, etc.). Are most people going ahead and unlocking that stuff to have access to the "Cooperstown Stadiums"? Are there mods in TC4 for those stadiums that I'll get to enjoy once I do so?

Also, as in the "Re-organization of Total Classics" post, I'm a Season/Dynasty player. So I would love to be able to switch teams around a bit, both between levels and across franchises. Any developments in that regard?

I'm back with two quick (I hope) questions.

One, is there a recommended patch to use for Total Classics? Does it matter? Sounds like #5 is causing some season mode problems.

Two, can I play season mode in TC with any/all of the four levels (Major, AAA, AA, A) that are included?

What kind of problems are there with patch #5 and season mode? I have #5 installed and am in June of a season. Should I abort? Do I have to reinstall and patch to #3?

Thanks,

Nim

and I don't have anything Unlocked (Stadiums, Uniforms, etc.). Are most people going ahead and unlocking that stuff to have access to the "Cooperstown Stadiums"? Are there mods in TC4 for those stadiums that I'll get to enjoy once I do so?

yes and yes. unlock the stadiums and you'll realize that a lot of them have been revamped to look more realistic.

Also, as in the "Re-organization of Total Classics" post, I'm a Season/Dynasty player. So I would love to be able to switch teams around a bit, both between levels and across franchises. Any developments in that regard?

i'm sort of happy with the way things are. maybe, there's a tc5 in the works so we'll see but i cant promise that'll happen.

the best i could do and i've offered to do but the folks just aren't satisified with this : i can make a little program so u can adjust the affiliation between 3 leagues. Like in dynasty mode, u can choose the 3 minor league teams affiliated with the major league teams -- but that's not the response i got from folks.

the feeling i got from folks over at the re-organization of total classics was they wanted it to be like some kind of structuring just for the feel and look for it.

i dont know, im just tired of going on about this. lol

Oh, gotcha. Sounds like you haven't made the program, but I'd love to have it if you have.

If I understand correctly, it would allow one to switch around the placement of the "A" and "AA" and "AAA" affiliates, but not the ML affiliate. Which would then give Seaon/Dynasty people some flexibility to create their own groupings of teams to play against each other at different levels.

I totally understand if you don't want to take the time. But I would personally love to have such a program, and would be willing to help make it happen in whatever way I can.

Thanks, Ted.

I've got this up and running, and it's absolutely amazing. The modders are to be commended for the time and effort. I'm in baseball heaven. Now I can play the '62 Mets against the '27 Yankees like I used to in Strat-O-Matic, but this time I get to watch in living color!

And now ... a couple more questions .... this is a brand-new install of MVP05 and I don't have anything Unlocked (Stadiums, Uniforms, etc.). Are most people going ahead and unlocking that stuff to have access to the "Cooperstown Stadiums"? Are there mods in TC4 for those stadiums that I'll get to enjoy once I do so?

chuck - Do you know the quick way to unlock all of the uniforms, stadiums, players, etc?

If you create a player named KATIE ROY in the in-game editor (i.e. not MVPEdit) and save your profile, you will unlock everything. You can then delete the player and everything will still be unlocked.

Yeah, Jim, I knew that, but thanks anyway. Maybe another TC-newbie will read the post and get the info.

I guess I'll create good ol' Katie Roy, but then when I start a Dynasty, I'll say "no" to "Use unlockable players."

Still wondering, Ted, about the program that would allow movement of teams between the levels. See my previous post. I'm a Dynasty/Owner Mode-only player; just don't see the point of playing individual games that don't add up to something bigger, and it would take TC beyond its already heavenly qualities if I could move some teams around. Personally, I would like a league where each current team is represented by its best historical season. That would rock (for me).

Ted, if you want to update your org switcheroo to 2005, I'd be happy to have it. Seems like it's the closest I can come to creating an era specific dynasty.

However, if there are only two of us that want it, please don't go to the trouble. That's just not worth it.

Archived