What tune file do you guys use with classics

paulw

The tunefile I'm using had a "slight" problem tonight. I was playing the '61 Braves and '54 Giants and trailing 2-1 in about the 5th. Did a mess of subs including a double switch to get back in the game (got Dusty in there!). The Braves subsequently intentionally walked Rhodes 3 times (twice to lead off an inning) :cry: :cry: They also walked Willie once - I stole second with him and he scored. Still lost 3-2.

This is what happens to me when I actually sit down and play a full game once instead of [naughty word] modding all the time :? . I usually only play a couple of innings.

On the good side had a great game last Sunday with the '41 Yanks and the '46 Tigers. Joe D. had two homers and a double and *then* he got intentionally walked. However, I was always leading but never more than by a run or two.

Anyhow, if anybody can tell me what they think is the best tune let me know. Thanks.

Thanks Y4L.

BTW, this thread is in *NO* way a criticism of Total Classics. It is an absolute dream for me to have all these teams available and an awesome, awesome work. I'm going to look into the datafile issue (I dated myself by saying tunefile - that was in High Heat). First thing is to compare what I was using before I added TC4 - it could be the same datafile (the camera angles are the same) and I just never came across this situation.

*EDIT - It is THE same dafafile I was using before total classics. Think there was a "Barry Bonds effect" written into it. I'm going into and look around. Thing is - what the computer did to me while maybe unrealistic was effective. I lost the game *AND* got po'd at the PC for walking my guys.*

I can see this thread has no backlash towards the Total Classics guys, it's just that the datafile in this aspect is unrealistic. It is frustrating when the computer walks people when you know there is no way this would ever happen.

So, if I am reading this right, you are going to look at the datafile to try and find that Barry Bonds effect and try to remove it? That would be very beneficial and just would make TC4 (and soon, Total Classics 5) even better.

I can understand walking someone. But well, here's another example. I was in a tie game. Runners on second and third, no outs. Gehrig comes up. Ok, we all know he was one of the greats, an elite hitter. Well, they walked him and put him on first to load them up with no outs. Where would you ever see that happen?

Paul, I use the tune file that was supplied with TC4. I also get a few intentional walks, sometimes at odd times. I had a game where I was down 2 - 1 in the ninth and Mantle lead off. Well, the other team walked him. Made no sense to me.

Y4L - I just looked again at the installation files for TC4. We never supplied a datafile (i.e. a tunefile), so whatever you're using is the same one you had before you installed TC4.

Paul - I'm a bit biased here, but I use my combo datafile v3: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=2023

This datafile is a compilation of datafile mods that others made (Trues, SerialMike, Pared, Spitoon, etc.). The v3 version has a fix that SerialMike made to try to get a better balance of walks and strikeouts.

There is also a v2 version that does not have SerialMike's fix:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=1673

This thread shows my slider settings: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=13275

For my style of play and my ability, these sliders work well. I haven't been hitting quite as many home runs in TC4, but that could be because I didn't play a lot after TC3 came out (too busy working on TC4!) and I may have to get my timing back down. I am winning games in TC4, but I'm mainly hitting singles and doubles.

I may bump up my power slider for a short time to see if that helps. If I do that and start hitting too many home runs, I'll know that it's time to bump it back down.

Jim - I"m definetly going to try out your recommended datafile. Thanks very much for the info. I'll let you guys know what happens.

The walk thing is *very* easy to test. I'm going to just set up a scenario with someone like the Yanks trailing in later innings in a close game and Ruth/Gehrig/DiMaggio or Mantle due up.

Jim - I tried out your datafile and it didn't seem to effect the intenional walks. Set up about 5 scenarios and they all played out the same. Here's an example: Dodgers 2, Giants 1 Bottom of the 7th 0 outs Polo Grounds Willie Mays at bat, Necombe pitching. Intentionally walks Mays to start the inning. Thompson, Irvin and Williams go down. Dodgers score 1 in the top of the 8th for 3-1 lead. Westrum makes out to lead off bottom of the 8th. Rhodes pinch-hits for pitcher - intenional walk by PC. Puts tying run at the plate with top of the order up (but a *mule* on first). Makes no sense :?: :?

I wonder if this can be controlled in the datafile?

Jim, I liked your pitching view but am sticking with the mod I was using. Wish I could tell you what it was but dummy here forgot which one he downloaded. It's got the most awesome camera work including a dynamic aerial cam where you can watch the entire flight of your homeruns or balls to the gap. Has good gameplay too. It's most indentifying feature is where it zooms from the top of the upper deck behind home in towards the pitcher to start the game. You get a great shot of the whole ballpark when the zoom starts. Also has really, really cool bases on balls shot.

PaulW,

I use KSM's V0.5 datafile.

It seems to me that MVP 2005 will issue intentional walks at almost any time to any player that has a rating of 100 in either contact or power. Thus the apparent Barry Bond effect someone mentioned.

It also appears that setting the Manager Tendency for Intentional Walks to "0" in MVPEdit does help a bit but those Norm Cash, Barry Bonds folks that have 100's in their ratings will still be intentionally walked even to open an inning.

stecropper-

I'm pretty sure I'm using K.S.M. 4.0 (or maybe 3). Generally I'm really happy with it - especially those cool cams. Don, do the cams I described sound like what you have?

And yes, the Barry Bonds effect will happen even if you have intenional walk set at 0 in the team profile. I wonder if this can be addressed in the datafile. I'm going to snoop around but doubt whether I'll find anything.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on this :-)

Archived