Which classic team uniforms shouldn't have names on them?

Jim825

HardcoreLegend recently pointed out a classic team in TC4 ('62 Giants) that incorrectly had names on the back of their uniforms. He was kind enough to update the uniform and upload it so that we can incorporate it into TC5.

Does anyone know of a website that shows the back of uniforms so that we can see whether the team had names or not? Certain teams (e.g. the Yankees) are no-brainers. The Baseball Hall of Fame uniforms database website http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...es/database.htm is a great resource, however, it only shows the front of the uniforms and not the back.

Marc Okkonen's book Baseball uniforms of the 20th century: The official major league baseball guide is out of print and any used copies run at least $70 and while I want TC5 to be visually accurate, it's not that important to me that I want to shell out $70 for a used book.

If anyone has this book and can look up the information or if anyone has any websites to look at, can you pass that information along?

Thanks Y4L -- I'll look into that. I played as the '85 Yankees the other night and on their gray away jerseys they did not have names on the back, however, they had green numbers on the front. I know that this is definitely wrong.

Y4L - I checked out the '61 Yankees last night and the uniforms look OK. As for the '85 Yankees, I still can't figure out how to remove the small number on the lower right part of the jersey (both home and away).

I tried replacing the uniforms with the ones used by the '98 Yankees. That made no difference. Next, I tried using a blank font .fsh file and that still had no affect. I'm not quite sure what is going on here.

To remove the front numbers you need to do the transparency thing with the file axxxy.fsh in models.big - (xxx= team id y= uni id)

Can you give me more details about the "transparency thing". The only thing I've ever done with uniforms is to use Fuzz' MVPStudio, where you deal with three files, the .bmp file, the uxxx.fsh file and the fxxx.fsh file.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure myself...

I was messing around with the unis for my 1994 mod - and I noticed that bigbully's Vintage Astro Unis come with axxxy.fsh files for each of the unis remove the Numbers from the front of the Astro uniforms,

However today I've been experimenting using these with the brewers unis to remove their front numbers and I can't get it to work correctly....

I'm not sure about the axxx.fsh files but for removing names, you can simply make a psd that is transparent and import it in w/EAGE - I'm assuming this would work for the axxx.fsh files

Well, this is way over my head. It looks like the '85 Yankees will continue to have the small numbers on the front of the jerseys.....

Archived