Please Help....UR 5.1 Standard Edition Plus Rosters

Foo4Everlong

This is what the README file tells me....

Simply extract the file to your main mvp 2005 folder using winrar or winace. That's it.

The extraction process will do the rest for you.

But for some reason I'm thinking that didn't do it. But I'm not quite sure. I extracted the files into the MVP 2005 main folder, but all the extractor did was put the "UR 5.1 Standard Edition Plus" file into the main MVP 2005 directory with the "dat" and "mbe" still inside and nothing else happened. Is that it???? Or is there something that I am missing? Is there an obvious way of checking the game to see if it worked? And lastly, should I stick with this download or switch to Swingin' Soriano's Rosters? Hope someone can help, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Later

I am not exactly sure what you mean. There is no such file called "UR 5.1 Standard Edition Plus". Do you perhaps mean a folder by that name? If so, simply take the .dat files you find inside the folder named "UR 5.1 Standard Edition Plus" & cut & paste them to the database folder. You will have to do this manually with the other files in the folder too, (put each of the files in it's appropriate folder) or use the solution I am about to post to fix the issue you are having...

The reason this probably happened to you is as follows... You probably have a setting in your extraction program that tells the program to create a folder, or else you actually set the program on your own to do this. You should have simply told the program to extract the files to the mvp 2005 folder & not to let it create it's own folder.

OK, I put the dat files from UR 5.1 Standard Edition Plus into MVP2005/data/database, now can someone tell me where to put the mbe(510plus.mbe) file? Does it go into the database file as well, or does it go into the main MVP2005 folder, or somewhere else that I haven't figured out? And lastly, there is something called "UR 5.1 CF-List" within the complete file that you get when you download the UR 5.1 file, does this go somewhere as well or is it just used for MVPEdit? Does it go somewhere or is it just part of the file? Thanks so much. All help is greatly appreciated. Later

it doesnt where the mbe file goes but that's an mvpedit file so you may want to keep it in your mvpedit directory. if you have the .dats then i wouldn't worry about the .mbe file unless you want to edit those rosters some more yourself.

i dont know what that CF-List file is but it probably doesn't matter...maybe just a text file. try opening it in wordpad/textpad/notepad.

I thought .mbe files always go into that extra MVP2005 folder that's created in your "My Documents" directory (the one that ends up containing your options, dynasty saves, roster saves, etc.)

So basically mbe files are for doing your own roster tweaks outside of the game (using MVPedit) if you want to, but aren't necessary for game play??

Foo4Everlong the .mbe file is what mvpedit uses to read rosters. You can make changes to your rosters via mvpedit after you load up the .mbe file into the mvpedit program. Then you can export your changes to the dat files (the same one's you put in your database folder) This is the purpose that Totte's gives you an .mbe file.

The CF list is a list of the players cyberface numbers. I am the one who made the models.big file that you downloaded & in it I put many many cyberfaces. But I had to renumber them due to the fact that many numbers overlapped. (different cyberface makers made different cyberfaces but sometimes they used the same exact cyberface numbers, so I had to edit these numbers) People have requested a listing of this, so Totte worked very hard & did this. He provided this list in the download as a courtesy for people who wanted a quick way of knowing what each players cyberface number is.

daflyboys... yes. (to your second paragraph) & btw... the .mbe file (if you decide to use it) goes into the MVP Edit folder.

Foo4Everlong the .mbe file is what mvpedit uses to read rosters. You can make changes to your rosters via mvpedit after you load up the .mbe file into the mvpedit program. Then you can export your changes to the dat files (the same one's you put in your database folder) This is the purpose that Totte's gives you an .mbe file.

The CF list is a list of the players cyberface numbers. I am the one who made the models.big file that you downloaded & in it I put many many cyberfaces. But I had to renumber them due to the fact that many numbers overlapped. (different cyberface makers made different cyberfaces but sometimes they used the same exact cyberface numbers, so I had to edit these numbers) People have requested a listing of this, so Totte worked very hard & did this. He provided this list in the download as a courtesy for people who wanted a quick way of knowing what each players cyberface number is.

daflyboys... yes. (to your second paragraph) & btw... the .mbe file (if you decide to use it) goes into the MVP Edit folder.

big shmooz, did you happen to change Johnny Damon's cyberface number to the 698 number or is the same old number? I wanted to change his face but I get kinda confused using MVPEdit and the EAGraph, but I do understand Kraw's "Thingy Installer" and how to import stuff using his. So if his number is changed it would be easier to use Kraw's insstaller if the number is changed rather than having to use the other installers. Please let me know. Thanks so much. Later

Archived