the WEIRDEST THING

stuckinasquare3

so im tryin to play a direct IP game with this kid. So first the game crashes so i made sure he had the right files and stuff...so ok so i host the game and im playin and its really laggy but something is really strange about it. So after the game im talkin to the kid and he's like "Wtf i've been waiting here to play" and im like "wut are u talkin about, we just played". SO Apparently i was playing against somebody else?

Ok so then me and the kid actually get into the same game, and he's david wells pitching and he doesn't seem to kno what he's doing like first he didn't do anything and then he'd throw a worhtless pitch and i'd hit a homerun, and anything that wans't a homerun the fielders wud just run around cluelessly. Also it was like 5 minutes between pitches. so im like wtf, then the game crashed. Then im talkin to him again im like wtf, and he said his game was fine , but my players were doing the same thing

im so confused

lol i wasn't messing with him. he told me that the first game he was playing against a spanish guy. and then for that second game i pitched the top of the 1st with no problem, but he said he hit 6 homeruns. when i went to bat, his pitches took a long time in between, and his fielders weren't moving. it really was the weirdest thing.

It actually may not have been him. I don't really understand how all of this IP stuff works and how someone could get your address numbers, but on occasion I've been set up to play against my brother and since we'll do a series, I'll know what team he's going to pick. I've seen an alternate team being picked, so I'll call him and he'll state he hasn't even joined the game as of yet! It's weird. Don't really know what that happens....

btw, bro..... you use the word "so" 10x in your original posting! lol

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but the same thing happened to me.

Has anybody figured out what the deal is with this? I thought my buddy was seriously messing with me but he put the phone up to his puter speakers and it was the same game but everything was way off.

Could this be a router problem?

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but the same thing happened to me.

Has anybody figured out what the deal is with this? I thought my buddy was seriously messing with me but he put the phone up to his puter speakers and it was the same game but everything was way off.

Could this be a router problem?

As fuzzone said over a year ago:

yeah man, the dude either had a datafile installed, a different models.big

That's what causes this.

Actually if 2 different data files are used, the game will immediately crash. Hence fuzz is wrong. The problem here is a sync issue. Actually, playing with different stadiums installed can also cause this glitch. (though it will not always happen)

Actually if 2 different data files are used, the game will immediately crash.

If two different datafiles are used the game will GO OUT OF SYNC, no crash! You and your opponent will see a different game, one thinking to be at box and hitting some good balls, the other one watching his SP strucking out all the players...you can notice to be out of sync when you'll see the last man at box showing himself again ready to bat! :headache:

Sometimes with a simple direct IP connection you can be 'intercepted' by someone else who is playing an online game in the same moment.

Download Hamachi, create your 'ad hoc' network and play, easy and fast!

Archived