Bonds is an idiot...

KerryW

Yea that is pretty stupid. Bonds is actually quite the opposite.

Who ever said anything about Bonds trying to be a gangster? I just wanted to point out his lack of intelligence and proper vocabulary.

The whole guilty until proven innocent, vice-versa, argument can really be summed up with 1 analogy.

Barry Bonds is to steroid use as OJ Simpson is to murder.

If anyone can sit here and say that they know that OJ killed his wife, because it's obvious, they can not defend Barry Bonds. And vice-versa.

These are two different crimes, but one in the same. I don't know the actual % of Americans that believe OJ is guilty, but I am sure it's probably above 75%. And this is for a man that was found not guilty in a court of law. Same standards have to be held for anything else. Anyone remember the LA riots? Why did they happen. Because 2 men, that we all KNEW were guilty, were found not guilty. So Barry can go out and prove his innocense (sp?), but will it mean anything? Can he REALLY prove it? Or no matter what will he always have that asterisk next to his name in the record books? In my mind he will. So will Sosa. And honestly, there is a question (just a small one but it exists) in my mind about Clemens. The anger he showed towards Piazza, even after Piazza never retaliated for being hit in the head, can be a sign of steroid use. Not saying it is, just saying it can be. Why throw a bat at someone that acted professionally about the whole incedent? If Piazza was in the media everyday saying he was goin to get Clemens back for the beaning, I could see what Clemens did as retaliation for Piazza's words. A harsh retaliation, but still a retaliation. But Clemens hits Piazza in the head. Puts him out of baseball for a while. Then unprovoked throws a bat at Piazza too. Add that to the guy being a monster this year, and that's why I have a small question about Clemens. The All-Star game will be very telling, because Piazza will act professionally, but Clemens has a track record of very unprofessional conduct.

Now as far as calling Bonds the best player ever. I don't know who is really the best ever, because to me it has to be an all around kind of guy. Not just on the field, but off too, and neither Bonds, nor Ruth showed they can conduct themselves in a respectable way off the field.

Babe Ruth wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

Ty Cobb wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

Rogers Hornsby wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

Ted Williams wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

My point? Who know(s).

I'll admit this whole Barry Bonds subject is starting to get pretty boring!

Babe Ruth wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

Ty Cobb wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

Rogers Hornsby wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

Ted Williams wasn't the nicest guy in the world.

My point? Who know(s).

I'll admit this whole Barry Bonds subject is starting to get pretty boring!

Well then don't post on it. It's not boring for me or apparently anyone else who is posting.

And honestly, there is a question (just a small one but it exists) in my mind about Clemens. The anger he showed towards Piazza, even after Piazza never retaliated for being hit in the head, can be a sign of steroid use. Not saying it is, just saying it can be. Why throw a bat at someone that acted professionally about the whole incedent? If Piazza was in the media everyday saying he was goin to get Clemens back for the beaning, I could see what Clemens did as retaliation for Piazza's words. A harsh retaliation, but still a retaliation. But Clemens hits Piazza in the head. Puts him out of baseball for a while. Then unprovoked throws a bat at Piazza too. Add that to the guy being a monster this year, and that's why I have a small question about Clemens. The All-Star game will be very telling, because Piazza will act professionally, but Clemens has a track record of very unprofessional conduct.

Should we then add Don Zimmer and Milton Bradley on that possible steroid user list? :roll:

Batting speed/form is just as important as power. Look at Griffey Jr. and Sheffield(although this guy is another ? for steroid use). As for strength, you don't lose too much strength as you get older if you have been working out. Check the history of winners/competitors of World's strongest men competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bonds is found guilty, but some people should open up eyes and see that his success is not purely from steroids.

I'm not a fan of Bonds, btw.

• 1 year later...

Sorry, man but Bonds IS on something other than supplements. The biggest reason that I am convinced that Bonds IS on steroids is this: Steroids will destroy your bodies ability to recover from injury. A man in as good a shape shape as he's supposed to be should have been back on the Giants starting roster not long after the beginning of the season. If he had actually done ALL the work to get to the shape he's in, he wouldn't have a problem now. Instead, he might be around for the begining of next season, if his foot doesn't fall off first. I just think it's so freakin' awesome to see a guy who is so into himself get this close to the top of the power hitter's heap and have it taken away from him by the very thing that got him there in the first place. I think that his records need to be made unofficial until he passes a steroid test.

Just my thoughts

let me throw my 2 cents in... btw I'm not a BB fan but I do think he's the best player to play the game.

Bonds is not on steroids. I know, I've seen the pictures of what he looked like when he came up but let me explain. I am very serious about working out and nutrition. I'm 31 years old and have been training off and on for 8 years.

At 31, with a new diet for the past year, I'm starting to hit my prime. 31 is just about the time that BB started to spark. If you look at professional bodybuilders, most all of the top contenders are in their mid to late 30's.

Don't get me wrong, I know many of them are juiced but there are also many of them that are no longer. With proper diet and workouts, you'd be amazed at what you can accomplish. Now in saying all this, I'm not saying BB never took any supplements - who hasn't? But BB isn't on juice.

Just wanted to throw that out there to keep the flame lit - lol

Archived