Noob Help

Zeon

I am going out to buy MVP 05 for the computer within a few hours and I was reffered to this site by a friend. I decided to dropped in and I have to say the work some of you guys are doing is amazing, although I am completely clueless with all of this stuff.

So, I was wondering if someone would be willing to post all the things I need to download in here, because to be honest I have no clue what to download. Im just looking for rosters, stadiums, updates pretty much anything that will further my gaming experience.

If you could also post a quick tutorial on how to download these things it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

First: You will need is an extraction program. WINRAR or WINZIP. You can probably find them at www.downloads.com.

Second: You will need gfxpak in your main directory of your game (C:/Program Files/ EA Sports/ MVP Baseball 2005). That should be in the download section, just do a search in the downloads and you should find it.

Third: You will need MVPedit cause mostly all roster are created in MVPedit and it creates an MBE file witch only opens in MVPedit. You can find that here. http://www.glass4.com/mvpedit/

Fourth: The stadiums are seperate downloads and they are mostly all the stadiums .BIG files. So if you download a stadium just put them in the stadium folder in the main directory (C:/Program Files/ EA Sports/ MVP Baseball 2005/data/stadiums.

Fifth: Dont forget too backup your original files before overwriting.

Thats about it and welcome too mvpmods.com.

You only need one download: The MVP06 Project. It has the updated stadium, schedule, rosters and such. It makes MVP 2005 feel like a whole new game.

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome! Enjoy the site and all that it has to offer :D

How to download:

At the top of this webpage site you should see buttons to click on. One says downloads. That is a big hint right there. I am not being sarcastic. Click on that.

Now you will see something to click on that says MVP 2004 or MVP 2005. Since you are about to buy MVP 2005, you should click on MVP 2005.

On the next screen, there will be categories you should click on. If you want stadiums, make sure you are in MVP 2005 stadiums categories and then browse that.

Now, take this same concept and do that with whatever you are looking for.

Suggested downloads:

big shmooz's rosters with uniforms is a big suggestion.

There are 3 kinds to choose from.

Big Shmooz's rosters with Moser's uniforms

Big Shmooz's rosters with Umachine's uniforms

Big Shmooz's rosters with KC's uniforms

If your video card is not great, you should try the one that says UMACHINES. I don't know anything about the one that says MOSER'S uniforms, and the one that says KC's is demanding on a computer.

Here is a test, if you can play DOOM 3 with no problems, you want to download Big Shmooz's rosters with KC's uniforms.

Each one of the 3 above comes with rosters, uniforms, and tons of cyberfaces.

Next are two big suggestions:

Spitoons bat selector

Spitoons MLB ball

I highly recommend these 3 to every new person. Everyone.

Now, if you want to spice the game up with audio, download my crowd reaction mod, AND download "And The Crwod Goes Wild Lite Final Version (Fixed)".

You may want to also look into Total Audio, so that when you call up your minor leaguers they will have their name announced in the game. I will be downloading this someday soon myself and regret never downloading it.

Now once you download something, you should read the readme file included with each and every download.

If you have questions, please search the forums. If you can not absolutely get your answer, post a new thread. Follow these steps and you'll be smiling all day long.

bah, why start a new thread when I have one right here...

I just finished downloading the "MVP 06 Project"...

I am completely lost it has opened in the winrar thing but I don't know what to do now.

Help please...

Welcome to the board Zeon, Here is my yahoo aim: jay_wil@sbcglobal.net not sure if I can help but will try.

I have one question for you guys also.

Second: You will need gfxpak in your main directory of your game (C:/Program Files/ EA Sports/ MVP Baseball 2005). That should be in the download section, just do a search in the downloads and you should find it.

What does the gfxpak actually do? I have already installed the MLB06 mod.

Archived