Updating my MVP game

phanatic

I am a bored college student who bought MVP last year[aka season]. I am very interested in all the talked about MVP '06.

I was hoping someone could explain it a little better for me. Is it MVP '05 just with all the stadium mods/portraits/faces/updated uni's?

Does it play more realistic than the original?

Yeah man! It's seriously a whole new game now thanks to all the great modders! :mrgreen: And, as long as you have last season's copy, it's all free! 8)

However, just to add, the modders did upload some other things that may change the overall gameplay. For instance, I'm about certain they used Jim825's datafile - which was a culmination of other great datafiles too.

The datafile will change not only somethings like camera angles and all that, but also other "stuff". I suggest looking at the MLB:06 mod and seeing exactly what's included, (aside from the stadium, uni, and portrait mods), and then going and searching for those other files and then decide if it's something you'd want in your game.

I have no idea if you liked last year's game out-of-the-box, but if so, you might not be down for some of the other downloads, ie. the datafile. But, if you're like most of us, the datafile, along with the other many mods included, add another sense of realism to the game.

Good Luck!

Yep, this thing is great.

So many portraits and even players faces (even Cole Hamels)! Though, some player faces had to be sacrificed (ie: Fred McGriff and Omar Daal). I can edit them to a more realistic face.

The "other camera" angle is superb.

Only things I didn't like so much: Impossible to throw a perfect pitch, (but this is cool because it makes the game more realistic); The reverse camera window messes up; and the music is cheesy IMO.

Question for all.

I just bought MVP2005 and have added a few add-ons, but I am still playing with the out of the box rosters and stadiums.

My are my questions:

I have started a dynasty and have only played 8 or 10 games maybe. If I upgrade my current game to MLB06 will I have to delete my current dynasty files?

What about the other upgrades I have added, will they be lost where I need to re-add them?

Archived