UPDATED MVP2K4 EDITOR!!!

mvp2k4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOMEONE, I downloaded your editor and it works perfectly. As far as I know you are the first person here to successfully edit the Dynasty save file. I feel this is a huge step - any plans on extending the editor to allow Face ID # changes, or player appearances, stats and standings, etc? Now that the Dynasty file has been "cracked" I want to dig as deep as we can ;) Thanks for the app, it's great.

Here's my thought on this: I like how MVP made the team chemistry. I like building a team, and having to trade away strong players to keep the budget balanced and other players happy.

The problem is, budgets are way too low. And players ' requests are too high.

Any idea how you could change the budget to a higher number? Thx very much.

I haven't tried this editor yet, and I dun think I will, becuz it has to "alt-tab" meaning my game will crash :banghead:

Few quick questions and suggestions:

If you edit the players contract, say he is on 100 per year over 2 years but wants a new contract of 166 per year over 3 years, if that is given using this program, does it actually take the money as normal, give the player the updated contract and adjust his happiness level to match this? If so, what is the point? Just give him a new contract in game.

How did you crack the checksum?

If you try to click Find when the game isn't running, it says "LOAD " then a pile of Windows characters, then "MVP Baseball "2004", then more Windows characters. Friendly error messages are good. :p

Remove the upper case letters from the start of, seemingly, EVERY single word in the error messages, for example, the one saying MVP isn't running. You might want to try making that sound a bit better too. :D "MVP Baseball 2004 IS NOT RUNNING!!! After Running MVP Baseball 2004, You Can Use" doesn't sound great. :lol::lol:

And there are multiple errors in the readme file. :?

MarkB, it's because those characters are where Korean should be shown, and you probably don't have the language pack installed. If you click find and get an error, it's most likely saying it can't find the player. Though the readme says not to check "Power", I found that I can't find anyone without it clicked, but with it clicked I have no problem. If you spell the name wrong, it won't find it, but if you only put half the name such as "FIRST: K LAST: Farns" it will find it. While I of course agree friendly error messages are the way to go, the modder is Korean, and expecting perfect translation to English in the program and readme as well is a lot to ask.

The amount you sign to doesn't work precisely to the system in MVP, so if you put "166" it'll actually be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,500. This is the toughest part, guessing. He gives a range to guess within in the readme. But I use it more for boosting or shortening the scouting report... Also much easier to shorten contracts. (For some reason Rey Ordonez has a 6 year contract... man there's no way I'm keeping that).

But again, I think the most positive aspect is what we will soon be able to do as a result of this.

SOMEONE, I downloaded your editor and it works perfectly. As far as I know you are the first person here to successfully edit the Dynasty save file. I feel this is a huge step - any plans on extending the editor to allow Face ID # changes, or player appearances, stats and standings, etc? Now that the Dynasty file has been "cracked" I want to dig as deep as we can ;) Thanks for the app, it's great.

He is not changing the sav file, he is changing the file while it is in you computers memory (while playing the game)

There is not reason why you should not be able to do the same for attribs for the players.

Trades might be possible if it does not crash the game when you do it

Right, I know it's just changing the file in memory, but it's practically the same difference isn't it? It'll affect the open SAV file. As for the trades, I've brought this up on several occasions but no one has really clarified it for me. If I turn off fair trades, I can control 2 teams other than mine and trade them as I like. If I'm the Cubs - I turn off fair trades, I can trade Beltran from KC to Houston. How are other people not able to do this? I posted screen shots to show that I can do it, and no one responded. Am I misunderstanding you, or are you not able to do this as well?

I have thought that the range of "5~7" has no effect to the player.

But, when I modified the value of the player in double A,

His overall graph is apparently changed.

The next pciture is the example of each 0, 4, 7.

o_20040629194416_92314.jpg

It's very interesting...

I know that GeForce users cann't use ALT-TAB.

But, I heard that when you started or quited game-playing,

there is small time of Loading for back to the dynasty menu.

And you can use the "ALT-TAB" for the time the loading image is dilplayed.

I think this tip makes you go back to the game

after editing the values in the windows.

And it is out of my ability to diplay the editor on the top in the game. Sorry --;

I think this tip make you go back to the game

So I should alt-tab when the "loading screen" is on? And try to edit as soon as possible?

I think this tip make you go back to the game

I have that problem (alt-tab) good tip, but can you save the changes as well? because as far as I tried, it doesn't save unless you alt-tab back in game...

Do you think you can find a solution without alt-tabing?

Regardless, good work for the poeple that don't have the alt-tab problem.

actualy, to clarify more...

if you have the alt-tab problem like me you need to:

1. Launch the game.

2. load your dynasty.

3. Go to play a game (doesn't matter if it's minor, major etc..)

4. as the game launches (loading screen) alt-tab.

5. use the editor to find/edit/search your player whatever.

6. do your changes and press on WRITE

7. alt-tab back to your game.. you should see the game still loading.

8. play or sim your game.

9. go back to the main menu and check your changes from there

10. SAVE YOUR DYNASTY.

that works.

If you simply launch mpv2004 and alt-tab while it's loading, it won't work since you need a dynasty file to work from..

actualy, to clarify more...

if you have the alt-tab problem like me you need to:

1. Launch the game.

2. load your dynasty.

3. Go to play a game (doesn't matter if it's minor, major etc..)

4. as the game launches (loading screen) alt-tab.

5. use the editor to find/edit/search your player whatever.

6. do your changes and press on WRITE

7. alt-tab back to your game.. you should see the game still loading.

8. play or sim your game.

9. go back to the main menu and check your changes from there

10. SAVE YOUR DYNASTY.

that works.

If you simply launch mpv2004 and alt-tab while it's loading, it won't work since you need a dynasty file to work from..

Damn, the stupid email notification didn't work , and I thought I was the first to successfully do this.

Anyways, it works. I think you should add this in your readme, MVP2k4...

The weird thing is, I put 5000 for budget or something, then when I got back in my budget was like 162 000 . I'm gonna test it again later, gonna watch baseball now, Thank you! :p

kamasutra, i followed your directions exaclty. but when i hit alt-tab while loading it won't minimize the window. just kinda flashes the background stuff quickly. any idea what's wrong?
You probably need a second window to ALT-TAB into.

I'm excited about this program. I'm glad to see that the ALT-TAB issue can be worked around, and it certainly offers a lot more potential for editing the .sav files further.

still didn't work, it looks like it's gonna bring up the other window but brings back up the mvp window. but i don't have control of the mvp window, it's like the other window does come up, just the mvp window is infront of it. i don't what's going wrong.

still didn't work, it looks like it's gonna bring up the other window but brings back up the mvp window. but i don't have control of the mvp window, it's like the other window does come up, just the mvp window is infront of it. i don't what's going wrong.

what "other" window are you talking about? the save editor?

if you have problems alt-tabbing correctly, shut down all other programs except mvp2004 of course.

then when you successfuly alt-tab away from mvp, launch the editor and proceed as normal...

remember, you have to alt-tab while the game you're about to play is loading...not before, not after.

good luck

The weird thing is, I put 5000 for budget or something, then when I got back in my budget was like 162 000 .

that's because you didn't read the conversion. The guy actualy programmed a conversion table when you enter budgets.

500 is about 17,000 points

so obviously 5000 will be the the hundreds of thousands..

Check the conversion table closely when you enter your new budget.

When you initialy load a team, it's budget will appear and also it will be converted to the system he uses (expos is 17,000 something which converts to 500 something..)

you get the idea..

Archived