UPDATED MVP2K4 EDITOR!!!

mvp2k4

i'm using xp. but like i said, it does seem to be switching the window in focus, but the mvp window is still in front. my mouse comes up as if i were back to my desktop and i can't control anything in my mvp window until i alt-tab back to it. but it won't minimize so i can't see anything behind it.

i'm trying to alt-tab when it seems like the directions say, when the game is loading. i'm pretty sure it's at the right time becuase any other time and the game will exit when trying to load it back up.

i'll try closing all windows and see if that helps.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tried that, nothing's worked. i just don't think it's gonna work for mine, not sure why though. it's ok, don't really need to mess with the budget. i got everyone i need and still have plenty of room. thanks guys for the help though.

i tried that, nothing's worked. i just don't think it's gonna work for mine, not sure why though. it's ok, don't really need to mess with the budget. i got everyone i need and still have plenty of room. thanks guys for the help though.

sorry it didn't work out. Probably realted to your vid card or resolution.

I know xp and some vid cards are pesky with alt-tabbing. Maybe as a last resort you can try the windows key while loading, or f1 etc.. or alt-f4 for instance. Or if you have a shortcut applied to some software/program, try pressing that as the game loads, basicaly anything that will make you go to your desktop..

I know what your saying re: budget. Even though i can fool with mine and the player contracts etc, I'm not going to. I find it fun & challenging to deal with the low budget. Also after simming a season for curiosity, I found that my budget increased by 5000 at the end due to performance, so what's the point? :D

sorry it didn't work out. Probably realted to your vid card or resolution.

I know xp and some vid cards are pesky with alt-tabbing. Maybe as a last resort you can try the windows key while loading, or f1 etc.. or alt-f4 for instance. Or if you have a shortcut applied to some software/program, try pressing that as the game loads, basicaly anything that will make you go to your desktop..

I know what your saying re: budget. Even though i can fool with mine and the player contracts etc, I'm not going to. I find it fun & challenging to deal with the low budget. Also after simming a season for curiosity, I found that my budget increased by 5000 at the end due to performance, so what's the point? :D

Yes budgets are challenging, but I see a huge difference between a happy player and a unhappy player.

I pitch a 5 shutout innings with a happy Kevin Millwod and I got roughed up (I restarted this game at least 4-5 times) with unhappy Halladay.

Btw, anybody here plays fantasy drafts? I love drafting players myself basically becuz my favourtie team, the Jays, isn't all that great and running and Skydomes just SUX in this game. So rather then using another team, I'd rather pick the team myself.

Yeah, I'm mostly just hoping to see future possiblities with this app. Maybe if we could somehow take this a step further and see what MVP actually loads into memory when the .sav is opened in-game, we could be able to do the same editing by directly opening the .sav in the app.

Really? Your budget increased by 5000?? The highest my budget has raised was 2500 -- and that was with fulfilling every 1 year Dynasty goal, 1 3 year goal, having a CY Young, and MVP, and winning the World Series!! What more can you ask for?? Damn Tribune company :banghead: :lol:

As for the Jays -- hey, they got to the World Series in my Dynasty! (only to lose to my Cubbies).

Really? Your budget increased by 5000?? The highest my budget has raised was 2500 -- and that was with fulfilling every 1 year Dynasty goal, 1 3 year goal, having a CY Young, and MVP, and winning the World Series!! What more can you ask for?? Damn Tribune company :banghead: :lol:

As for the Jays -- hey, they got to the World Series in my Dynasty! (only to lose to my Cubbies).

yep, the expos won the world series, and like you all the goals were fulfilled, the manager grade after all was said and done was A+ (right after world series). No pitcher won the cy young or MVP. Keep in mind your dynasty goals are different than other dynasties. I also simmed the 2nd season right after that (in which there were no human played games or any human intervention) and the budget boost was 3000. The expos won the world series again except this time one of the players did get an mvp award (for the world series). and still less @ 3000 than the 1st year...

I'm now starting to think this is some random factor

The only difference was the manager grade which was B+

I think I know why. Change your video options screen resolutions to 800 x600.

kamasutra, i followed your directions exaclty. but when i hit alt-tab while loading it won't minimize the window. just kinda flashes the background stuff quickly. any idea what's wrong?

Not sure if anyone responded to this, but that is happening because your desktop reslution is the same as the game, change your desktop to like 1024x768 if your game is 800x600 or vice versa and it should alt tab just fine.

insane1

Just want to make sure I have this right before I try and it doesn't work....

Is it right that you can't use this program if you have a GeForce video card because of the whole alt-tab thing?

read up... i provided a solution for that

In the newest version you there is no "WRITE" button for the CONTRACT tab. And the older versions were removed from the downloads... Any way it could either be fixed, or I'm shooed in the right direction for the last version? thanks

it may well be random... but if i was to design a game (or even batter, if i was the owner of a baseball club assigning a manager budget) and that manager proved to me he could win the world series and accomplish all his goals with his current budget... give me one reason to pay more money and increase it :D

Noticed a problem pretty quick, but otherwise a great program!

I have no idea why this is, but the bottom of the program is cut off when using the hitters tab, see screenshot:

snap230.jpg

I've also tried it with the XP theme, but it made no difference. You might want to increase the height of the hitting tab.

EDIT - Noticed another problem. It doesn't save!! Just edited Alsonso Soriano's hot and cold zones, clicked write, then closed the program, and when I tried to re-enter the game, I got a Windows error message saying the game had to be closed. Happened twice in a row. :cry:

EDIT 2 - Seems it was something with my resolution...all working fine now. Thanks!

Archived