MVP'06 - Missing Texture problems

Deamon20

Hey everyone, first post on here but I've reading the forum for quite a bit, I love the MVP 06, you guys have done a magnificent job with it. Question for you though, I downloaded the Livin Large patch and when I went into the game, there were ALOT of 'missing texture' errors. Cyberfaces, team logos, and even homeplate all had a 'missing texture' error on them. Is this because of a prior mod I had for MVP 05 or is it something else? Any assistance would be appreciated.

First of all, bumping your own thread to move it up is a sure way to get your thread locked by one of the admins. You lucked out this time, but I'd advise you not to do it again.

There are a couple of possible reasons for your problem

1. Bad install. Did you get any error messages while installing?

2. Not enough memory to load the image. If you don't have enough memory and are loading a large stadium file, you can see the "Missing Texture" issue. How much memory do you have in your PC? What detail settings are you using (Low, Medium, High)? Do you have any other programs or processes running in the background while you're running MVP? These could be sucking up memory.

First of all, bumping your own thread to move it up is a sure way to get your thread locked by one of the admins. You lucked out this time, but I'd advise you not to do it again.

There are a couple of possible reasons for your problem

1. Bad install. Did you get any error messages while installing?

2. Not enough memory to load the image. If you don't have enough memory and are loading a large stadium file, you can see the "Missing Texture" issue. How much memory do you have in your PC? What detail settings are you using (Low, Medium, High)? Do you have any other programs or processes running in the background while you're running MVP? These could be sucking up memory.

Hey Jim, thanks for your response! :D

I have 768memory and a Radeon9800Pro on my system. I experience no problems with MVP Basbeall prior to installing MVP 06. I just tried uninstalling MVP 05 and then reinstalling MVP 06, I then installed EA Sports Patch #5(could that be the problem?) but still get the same problem. The problems also extend to in game when looking at Rosters. Some players will not have cyberfaces and others will have the missing textures. Just odd.

I see you installed the Living Large file...Perhaps you may not have added everything you were supposed to? You could always try the In Like Flint version and see if that works, because with that one it comes with the installer and is a much smaller download, just a suggestion.

I have heard of this happening on a fresh install of the game. Something isn't kosher. Reinstall both the game and the mod.

:? Just uninstalled and did a fresh install and downloaded and installed the ILF Mod to my EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005 directory. No patches or anything, just those 2... and still have the same problem. Wonder what the problem is here.

Archived