Just some observations...

carter

Okay, so I was doing some philosophizing this afternoon while at work...

After reading a couple of recent posts I came to the following conclusions:

1) Mets fans request Mets paraphernalia for the game but Mets fans do not make anything for the game. Why Mookie, why?

2) T2P only mods for the fame. Sure their mods are good, but I will never understand why they have to stay seperate and apart from the MVP Mods community. They only have recently started posting and uploading here because of hosting issues and now that everything is fixed, they're starting their own site again. Why not keep all mods together at one accessible and reliable site?

3) Sandman, Umachines and Rolie... How? How do you upload new uniforms everyday??? You three are amazing! Congrats on truly being dedicated to making MVP better!

4) If you are going to request a uniform, don't do it yourself! I am not bitter, but honestly, who does that?!

5) Fuzz, keep on trucking! With everyday that passes someone, somewhere is benefiting from your programming genius! You have made numerous improvements to the game and have most importantly made applying mods easy to do. The MVPmods community should make a mod in your honour! Who's with me for making a Fuzz start screen??? We NEED one of those in the game! I gotta have it!

Carter

Okay, so I was doing some philosophizing this afternoon while at work...

After reading a couple of recent posts I came to the following conclusions:

1) Mets fans request Mets paraphernalia for the game but Mets fans do not make anything for the game. Why Mookie, why?

Carter

I guess then Bori's numerous face paks and portraits don't do anything for the game, let alone his face request threads? And Renegade didn't make one helluva stad?

Do us a favor the next time you feel the need to philosophize:

DON'T. :lol:

the reason Mets fans dont make any addons is because they are retarded. If given crayons and paper, they'd just draw poopy and stuff about puppies.

Yes, that makes sense... hey, it was almost funny too!

2) T2P only mods for the fame. Sure their mods are good, but I will never understand why they have to stay seperate and apart from the MVP Mods community. They only have recently started posting and uploading here because of hosting issues and now that everything is fixed, they're starting their own site again. Why not keep all mods together at one accessible and reliable site?

Bah, Thanks for the support. However, it's not necessary. I don't upload yet because I want my uniforms to be as good as it can be before I decide to release them, and I release them on my own terms. I don't care what you think. I uploaded once because I thought my NL East update was good enough by me to be released.

Sorry, let me clarify...

Papi and Renegade... their work is superb... some of the best out there. I meant no disrespect to them at all. However... Mets fans just seem to request more than any other team fans out there... why? I dunno.

Rolie... I don't think they will fly, bro. Therefore I am holding back... waiting for a new idea.

Finally, who is this Pared kid? Anyone want change on his two cents?

Ah, children.......

Reminds me of kids in the back seat of a car during a long trip.

Makes you wonder how everyone would react to something that was really serious. ;)

Don't know if you realize how foolish this looks to non-biased observers. :mrgreen:

Carter

See, this is exactly why I'm on the fence about releasing my add-ons to the public any more. Why do you feel the need to pick on T2P in particular? Anybody who mods for the fame is doing it for the wrong reason, and I've known KC and Y2K long enough to know that they've got a commitment to quality that few have come close to reaching. The fame among the community is a by-product, and is usually well-deserved when a lot of people use and enjoy the add-ons. Does that mean that somebody does them exclusively for the fame and attention? Hell no!

I've released all my add-ons since last year at baseballsimcentral.com (even during my T2P stint), mostly because I have the most trust in that site's server and it's the old guard among baseball gaming sites. Plus, it helps that it's sort of "under the radar" compared to MVPMods, T2P, etc.

To answer your observation completely, why do people do add-ons in the first place? Personally, I do add-ons because I'm an arrogant S.O.B. who knows he can do better than the stuff EA puts out there. And when you get to the root of it, isn't that the reason why most people do add-ons? I recently left T2P because while my priorities are pretty much in line with the others, I'm starting to get sick of the in-fighting amongst the communities and don't feel the need for validation from anybody else to know my add-ons are good. I've been doing them for almost four years now (for various games), and I should be pretty good at it by now. I've got a lot of unreleased uniforms in my game right now (mostly AAA teams), and I'm on the fence about releasing them to the public at this time. I'm enjoying seeing my game take shape too much to set up my files for release (read: I'm in full production mode and barely have time to make add-ons, let alone release them)...

I come from the NHL mod community and for years we had this "This site is better than this site" bullshit and now I see it here.

T2P isn't a bad site. KC has incredible talent for modding baseball unis. Y2K has been making faces sine NHL 2001 I believe. They have experience in what they do.

So their site isn't as popular in hits, visits and downloads as MVPMODs, but that doesn't make it any lesser of a site.

Try to wrap this around your thick skulls..... addon makers put their time and effort into addons to help better a game we already love to play. We want to make it look better.

But hey, what do I know? I mean, according to the great fuzz, I can;t even create a batch file that works

I wasn't naturally going to post again but anyway just to add my .04 since my .02 has been added previously.

I've started to post here and upload here because of a hosting problem? man, please. I run a site. I want to repeat that again, because it sounds good and I feel professional saying it. I run a site. Web sites occasionally run out of bandwidth. Why do we run out of bandwidth? Because people love our stuff. It's normal, and pretty much everyone who runs their own website is gonna run out of bandwidth and have server problems one way or another. Trues, the guy who runs this site, I believe has the same type of hosting as I do, but he manages to maintain his bandwidth in ways I cannot.

Correcting your previous accusation and to add insult to injury Carter, I had started my site wayyyy before the game even came out. Prior to Turn 2 Productions, I had my site called MVP Baseball Mods. Then it was MVP Mods and let's just say the name change to T2P took place as soon as MVP Mods was born. Let's just say it...evolved. I am going to upload my uniforms to this site as soon as I feel it is near perfection. I am no 'mod god', but I work just as hard as everybody else to be as close to one. I, as well as Moser and everybody else. If my mod looks like crap, I never release it. I go back and work harder on it until it is near perfection, which is not humanly possible. Batch file or No batch file, Nobody's perfect and everybody has different tastes for different things.

I don't come here to brag and boast about this that and the other. How can you say that we mod for the fame. Don't point fingers at our group if its one person that needs to be blamed for their actions. If you want to shout out Y2K, all you need to type is just Y2K, not T2P.

I'd seriously appreciate you not mentioning our name unless it's something credible. Also in my closing statement, the following quote comes from Moser himself:

The fame among the community is a by-product, and is usually well-deserved when a lot of people use and enjoy the add-ons. Does that mean that somebody does them exclusively for the fame and attention? Hell no!

Thank you for your time sir, I hope you have a nice day thinking about this.

cheers,

-kc

i agree with carter and rolie, and i agree with partil comments from kc,but not really.

y2k,kccitystar,syxxo=t2p

therefore,when someone has a problem with y2k, don't they have a problem with t2p?

kccitystar,syxx=t2

y2k,and the bunch=t2p

without y2k, there is no t2p.

did i mention...

kccity.JPG

YOU SELF-POST EDITING EDITOR!!

Have I mentioned that I love you all? I think the Democrats have set this up... all this in-fighting. So lets take the high road and stop bashing each other.

to EVERYONE- KEEP YOUR DAMN NEGATIVE OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT

"I think the Democrats have set this up... all this in-fighting...to EVERYONE- KEEP YOUR DAMN NEGATIVE OPINIONS TO YOURSELF. NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT"

:roll: take your own advice

I've released all my add-ons since last year at baseballsimcentral.com (even during my T2P stint), mostly because I have the most trust in that site's server and it's the old guard among baseball gaming sites. Plus, it helps that it's sort of "under the radar" compared to MVPMods, T2P, etc.

Wasn't baseballsimcentral.co down for a couple weeks not too long ago?

I've started to post here and upload here because of a hosting problem? man, please. I run a site. I want to repeat that again, because it sounds good and I feel professional saying it. I run a site. Web sites occasionally run out of bandwidth. Why do we run out of bandwidth? Because people love our stuff. It's normal, and pretty much everyone who runs their own website is gonna run out of bandwidth and have server problems one way or another. Trues, the guy who runs this site, I believe has the same type of hosting as I do, but he manages to maintain his bandwidth in ways I cannot.

really you run like half a site, I mean it is down about half the time.

It get back the fame problem

I want to repeat that again, because it sounds good and I feel professional saying it. I run a site.

anyway

Web sites occasionally run out of bandwidth. Why do we run out of bandwidth?

Not if you get good hosting, I've never had a problem and I run over 2 dozen sites. Sure only a couple are "devoted" to downloading files but still you get what you pay for. Find better hosting

Not if you get good hosting, I've never had a problem and I run over 2 dozen sites. Sure only a couple are "devoted" to downloading files but still you get wat you pay for. Find better hosting

I know. I plan on changing my host real soon anyway.

i agree with carter and rolie, and i agree with partil comments from kc,but not really.

y2k,kccitystar,syxxo=t2p

therefore,when someone has a problem with y2k, don't they have a problem with t2p?

kccitystar,syxx=t2

y2k,and the bunch=t2p

without y2k, there is no t2p.

did i mention...

kccity.JPG

YOU SELF-POST EDITING EDITOR!!

I didn't expect you to take that to heart. and as for the comments above...

huh?

After all, this is some observations thread...

you see, y2k--he definitely hates me. His posts wreak of hate, you on the other hand, every word you type..every letter, it's just weird bro. It's like I know you like me.you like me a lot. There's a bit of mystery behind your posts.

are you going to blow me a kiss back?

The only people I call real modders on this site are the folks who use OEdit and fix the stadiums and the guys who make editing tools. All the others, myself included do nothing more than edit existing pics. I don't think anything is special about taking a bmp file from a fsh file, blowing it up to 200% and adding a vectored graphic from an official MLB site. Like I said, I'm including myself here. Unless you create unis from scratch (completely from the ground up) or create your own template for cyberfaces then you've peaked my interest. How you can call yourself an arrogant S.O.B. over editing EAs work and really believing you can do better? Reaching, really reaching. Get over yourselves folks.

P.S. - I think this stuff wouldn't flare up so often if you people would understand Fuzz's humor. The guys post makes my workday easier.

Again, let me clarify... KC and the T2P crew do excellent work... some of the best... I just think that it would be easier if the MVP community has one place to download and converse. The MVP Mods site has been reliable to date. So, KC if you want to have your own site that's cool, but please keep uploading and participating in the MVP forums. I think your bad rep came from the whole ordeal in the past about asking for donations to buy a new motherboard... You (well mostly Y2K) were asking the MVP community for help eventhough you didn't directly contribute here... So my advice is to stay active here... In a way we are all a disfunctional family devoted to the common goal of making MVP Baseball 2004 better and more fun to play.

In response to IronForge... I think it is fitting to call anyone who makes something for the game a modder because by definition a modification is a small adjustment or alteration. Therefore, if someone makes a retro uniform based upon EA's existing uniforms they have changed the original... so... they are a modder and the uniform is a mod. This applies to everyone except for Fuzz because he is a programmer... and an entertainer... he's a programatainer!

Archived