All-Rookie Dynasty (Computer Generated Team)

hitting_help?

I started this as a new thread because I didn't want to lead people on. I am going to play as the Royals but it will not really be the Royals. It will be only computer generated rookies, 22 or younger. I use the Royals which will not affect too much of the real talent in the MLB. LOL.

Anybody interested in following this? I'll give you info as to the prospects I do get. This should be really difficult. I'll play a game on MVP and one on All-star as a test. If I can handle the MVP one I'll do it as that, otherwise not... but this will all be said later.

K. I got the team all made... played part of a practice game on MVP level at home against MVP Heroes team.... My starter was doing great through first 4 innings... then a mess and I quit it. If I could hang tied with them for several innings and almost take the lead on Nolan Ryan, I can prolly play on that mode... we'll see.

I'll list stuff about the players tomorrow I think. I did get ones all under 22... in fact I don't know if I even have any at 22.

Begin player rating listings:

For those of you who want to know what kind of talent this team has, I'll list all the players with a few important ratings of theirs.

Part A: The Pitchers;

(The first rating # is stamina, the others are their pitches)

Kelly Castillo- SP (Age 19)

74- Stam

83- Fb

63- Crv

56- Chg

Justin Pierzynski- SP (Age 18 )

72-Stam

86-Fb

70-Sld

60-Cut

Angel Diaz- SP (Age 20)

66-Stam

80-Fb

68-Crv

66-Frk

62-Chg

Kevin Ireland-SP (Age 20)

65-Stam

89-Fb

69-Spl

65-Crv

Jose Dong-SP (Age 19)

64-Stam.

85-Fb

58-Spl

55-2Fb

52-Sld

RELIEVERS:

Julio Rose- LRP (Age 20)

63-Stam

70-Fb

52-Kb

Otto Schoeneweis-LRP (Age 19)

58-Stam

81-Fb

58-Kb

58-Spl

58-2Fb

53-Chg

Benny Snelling- MRP (Age 19)

58-Stam

83-Fb

67-Cut

61-2Fb

60-Sld

Julio West- MRP (Age 20)

58-Stam

87-Fb

69-Crv

59-2Fb

Andrew Wasdin- SU (Age 19)

48-Stam

82-Fb

69-2Fb

63-Chg

59-Sld

Juan Politte- CL (Age 20)

45-Stam

69-Fb

56-Plm

53-Slv

48-Spl

48-Cut

(Had to get that guy just cuz of the awesome combination of pitches he has... even though he doesn't look too good... we'll see.)

There's the pitchers. Any thoughts? Initially I think the best from the rotation will be Kevin Ireland and the best out of the pen will be Otto Schoeneweis.

I would just put the best reliever as the closer, and second best as set up. but its IMO.

and for the smilies, if you dont want it there, hit preview instead of submit and click the box to disable smilies. submit it then and the smilies will go away.

Pre-season rankings list us last in hitting, pitching, and running, but first in defense. Weird... I didn't look to be especially good at defense.

Here's a list of the guys I'm worried about... a.k.a. the hitters:

(I will list their primary position, then their secondary one(s)... screenshot above will show which I normally use them on... I'm a believer in utilizing secondary positons.)

George Watkins-CF (OF) (Age 19) (plays DH often)

43-Pwr (L)

47-Cont (L)

53-Pwr ®

57-Cont ®

70-Bunting

68-Speed

65-fielding.

(The list of ratings will be these same ones all the way down.)

Tino King-RF (OF) (Age 20)

Dave Nady-3B (Age 18 )

Brett Farmer- SS (2B) (Age 19)

Sean Reamon-C (Age 20)

Mark Martin- 2B (SS) (Age 18 )

Aaron Roller-CF (RF) (Age 20)

Chad Bootcheck-3B (OF) (Age 20)

Robert Patterson- C (Age 19)

Wiki Rapp- 2B (UTIL)

Robin Small- SS (IF) (Age 20)

These are all the position players.... I'm hoping some better hitters will get generated throughout the year and that I can be more patient at the plate than previously... I'm gonna need it.

Any thoughts? How long's it gonna take to get my first win? Kelly Castillo, my first pitcher, isn't too good. (I listed him first cuz he's got the best stamina)

I'm gonna look into a cool overlay and stuff like that first and then I'll get the games going.

Ok... MLB on FOX overlay in action. Ready to go.... thoughts and prayers... LOL (This is quite the challenge I'm taking on... Whew!) These guys will be great in a few years, though.

BTW, My Dynasty setup has everything normal I think. No legends players....

MVP level (Ouch!)

Tuning has steal delay changed to -50 (Which I hope lessens the delay time) Everything else is the same.

I like to play some games in other stadiums. I'll play some Polo Grounds, Ebbetts, Griffith.. those kind.

I think I'll try to remember to list which park things are in, and I prolly won't use historic ones til a little bit into the season, prhaps.

Ok I think that's all the prelim. Notes.... LET'S GO ROYALS!!!!

40385.jpg

A better view of the same.

40391.jpg

After one, I think. Maybe two.

40392.jpg

Another inning... got a couple on in either the first or the second against Kenny, but failed to bring em in. Meanwhile Kelly Castillo was holding up strong almost exclusively on his fastball, his curve stinks and I'm scared to throw his change very often, especially against Detroit with their never-ending string of power hitters. Det. had one hit at this point. I think it was Granderson to lead off the game.

40395.jpg

Castillo's fastball at 95 MPH. (I really don't expect much from Kelly C. throughout his first season. Good fastball, but nothing to complement it.

40397.jpg

Detroit's idiot doubles. (This is either 3rd or 4th inning.) Now, if my memory serves me correctly... this was a lead-offer. Then a single... 1st and third. Then a pop-out. (1 away)

40400.jpg

Oops.... deep sac fly to center.... 2 away. I'm down 1-0.

40402.jpg

Nice pic even though it represents the very essence of evil.

40404.jpg

Here's what she looks like now.

40405.jpg

ImgFree.net - Hosting Images

A sac bunt with guy on first. (5th inning) (A nice one too.)

40407.jpg

"Prelude to a walk." A grounder toward first brought this guy from second over to third. Robert Patterson would then walk, putting runners at the corners with 2 out. Mark Martin (not NASCAR) my 9th batter and 2B man would follow.

40410.jpg

Wow! He comes through with 2 out, awful hitter that he is ratings-wise.

40413.jpg

Isn't that a nice site to see? We're all knotted-up folks. BTW, he got his RBI on a really slow ugly grounder between the second baseman and the bag.

40415.jpg

40416.jpg

Close, Rondell, but no cigarette.

40417.jpg

Aaron Roller makes a sweet catch. I think this was with a guy on second and 1 out.

40420.jpg

Kelly Castillo, just before making his last out of the game. I was scared to leave him in. I wanted to give Knuckleballer Otto Schoeneweis a shot.

(The books on Kelly- 5 Innings- 1 earned run vs. #1 hitting team.)

40425.jpg

Otto!

40428.jpg

Nice work, Otto.

40433.jpg

"Hiss, I've been robbed."

40434.jpg

Otto blows through another inning. He mows through the sixth, seventh, and eigth.

40435.jpg

http://40436.jpg

To the ninth, Rogers is finally done. Final tally (8 innings- 1 earned run.)

This is the sad part... I was unable to get shots of bottom ninth. Todd Jones did his job in the top... then Otto Schoeneweis starts the ninth. Through 3 innings he'd given up 1 hit I think.

First up, Dmitri Young... deep to center... my CF is WAY too slow... over his head... Young doubles... before I could get a pic... they pinch run.

Next guy single to center... same slow CF gets to the ball and throws to the plate.... it's realllllllyyy close.... Result:

40437.jpg *waa waa waa* *boohoo*

What a great game to start the year... almost took down the number one hitting team at their place. Here's some wrap-up pics:

40439.jpg

40440.jpg

40441.jpg

40442.jpg

40443.jpg

I thought I noticed you say you were using computer generated rookies, does this mean you are using the default rosters with the game or no? The reason I'm asking is because if you are using the default rosters with the game then you should acquire the smallenberg "brothers"! I remember in MVP 2004 the Yankees has 3 players in the minors Chris Smallenberg, Dick Smallenberg, and Mark Smallenberg. Chris was the power hitter, mark was the speedy guy who would hit for average, and Dick never really did well for me. Does anyone else remember these players? I think now I have answered my own question b/c the game doesn't have Kenny Rogers on DET to start with. Oh well. Good luck. But you should have traded for those 3 players if they were available, but since you aren't using the default rosters, they probably weren't. :D:D:D:D:D :D

I think they are on this roster... and yeah I should've got them (Chris), but I forgot. I just got Free agents for now... we'll see what comes along later.

I play a lot... I think I'll play game two now. Despite what I said before, i think I'll change the venue.

Actually... I went to try to trade for better hitters. I got 4 new guys... I'll tell you about em later... prolly tomorrow... my fielding won't be #1 anymore, but my hitting will get a LOT better, which is what's gonna kill us if I wouldn't do anything. These guys will help a lot.

4 new players:

(same rating setup as b4)

Ramon Erdos LF (Age 22) (he'll be our DH)

Kenny Lee RF (Age 20) (Bench option)

Ricardo Perez LF (RF) (our RF)

Tom Anderson LF (Our LF)

Much improved hitting! YAY!

I'll prolly tinker with this team a lot since it's organization building.

Also Marcus Davis is new (Age 22) 1B

Phelan Mantei is no longer with the organization. A lot of minors changes have been made. Mills, Barcik, King, and Roller were sent to minors. This lineup should be much better at hitting that the other would've been.

(I'm not gonna make 800 trades every day, believe me.)

Archived