98 cardinals

bluesbrother31

Not unless you want to do it yourself. There are no plans to replace any of the TC teams. They've been set since TC3 or TC4 and since then, we've been focusing on improving the teams already in the mod rather than replacing any of them.

The 1998 Cardinals were only 83-79, nineteen games behind division winning Houston. They had some good hitters like Ray Lankford (.293 avg, 31 HR and 105 RBI), Brian Jordan (.316, 25 HR and 91 RBI) and of course McGwire (.299 avg, 70 HR, 147 RBI including 162 walks).

But they had no pitching at all. Their top winner in 1998 was Kent Mercker at 11-11 with a 5.07 ERA. That lead the team in wins and losses. This was not a team that you would consider classic in any way, minus what McGwire did of course.

well thats great if thats what your definition of classic is. classic meaning based soley on stats. I look at classic as a team from the past that in some way made a historical impact on the game of baseball. That summer of 98 between McGwire and Sosa was one of the seasons I will never forget. Juicing allegations aside, at the time it was a magical season between those two and I for one wouldnt mind playing a season between McGwire and Sosa, and I think there are probably more people out there who would like to also. That is why I was asking if it was possible to put them in the classics. I am not wanting to play teams based on whether they led the league or had a Cy young winner. I want to play the classics because its a chance to relive great times from PAST baseball seasons. That is why they are CLASSICS!!! Just my opinion of course.

well thats great if thats what your definition of classic is. classic meaning based soley on stats. I look at classic as a team from the past that in some way made a historical impact on the game of baseball. That summer of 98 between McGwire and Sosa was one of the seasons I will never forget. Juicing allegations aside, at the time it was a magical season between those two and I for one wouldnt mind playing a season between McGwire and Sosa, and I think there are probably more people out there who would like to also. That is why I was asking if it was possible to put them in the classics. I am not wanting to play teams based on whether they led the league or had a Cy young winner. I want to play the classics because its a chance to relive great times from PAST baseball seasons. That is why they are CLASSICS!!! Just my opinion of course.

Well, I tried to explain to you why that team had no chance of being in TC. No big deal to me if you can't grasp the understanding of it. I'm done here.

Oh, by the way, the 1998 Yankees are in this. They deserved it.

But before I finish, I can answer your question. Yes, you can put this team in Total Classics but you would have to do it yourself and do it through Mvp Edit. I would suggest replacing one of the current Cardinal teams. But then, the audio in there represents the Cardinal teams in there from the Total Classics team. So, I believe if you replace a Cardinal team with the 1998 one you won't have the announcers saying the correct names. It will be a tough job but if you want to do this to your version of TC5, knock yourself out.

But before I finish, I can answer your question. Yes, you can put this team in Total Classics but you would have to do it yourself and do it through Mvp Edit. I would suggest replacing one of the current Cardinal teams. But then, the audio in there represents the Cardinal teams in there from the Total Classics team. So, I believe if you replace a Cardinal team with the 1998 one you won't have the announcers saying the correct names. It will be a tough job but if you want to do this to your version of TC5, knock yourself out.

The announcing should be OK, as the announced names are tied to the portrait / audio ID assigned to the player. What will happen is that all of the players will have portrait / audio ID's of 0 meaning that they will not have a portrait or their name announced.

Using MVPEdit, you can import the '98 Cardinals roster using the Lahman database. As Y4L suggests, import them on top of a current Cardinals team in Total Classics. This way when the team plays, it will announce "St. Louis Cardinals".

thanks Jim, I will give it a shot when I get the time. Oh and by the way yankee thats great the 98 yankees are in there. Im sure they did deserve it. just too bad I cant remember what they did. but I'm sure it was something spectacular. oh but the home run chase. I bet everybody remembers that. but thats not classic. so props to ya yankee4life. no hard feelings. just talkin here...

thanks Jim, I will give it a shot when I get the time. Oh and by the way yankee thats great the 98 yankees are in there. Im sure they did deserve it. just too bad I cant remember what they did. but I'm sure it was something spectacular. oh but the home run chase. I bet everybody remembers that. but thats not classic. so props to ya yankee4life. no hard feelings. just talkin here...

If you can't remember, please go look it up. I'll sum it up here for you though. The Yankees won and the Cardinals lost.

Oh and by the way yankee thats great the 98 yankees are in there. Im sure they did deserve it. just too bad I cant remember what they did.

"All" they did that year was have one of the best seasons of all time, compiling a record of 114-48. They captured the AL East by finishing 22 games (yes, I said 22 games!) ahead of the 2nd place Red Sox. They swept the Padres 4-0 in the World Series for the first of four straight appearances in the World Series. That was also the year that David Wells threw a perfect game.

"All" they did that year was have one of the best seasons of all time, compiling a record of 114-48. They captured the AL East by finishing 22 games (yes, I said 22 games!) ahead of the 2nd place Red Sox. They swept the Padres 4-0 in the World Series for the first of four straight appearances in the World Series. That was also the year that David Wells threw a perfect game.

That's telling him Jim. :lol:

It sounds to me like he wants a 1998 mod to relive the homerun chase, rather than just the '98 Cards, which I can understand, but it's still probably unlikely. It was also (allegedly) Barry Bonds' last clean year.

I didnt ask if anybody wanted to see the 98 cardinals. Yes they stunk. I know what cardinal teams are in classics as they are my hometown team. But filthy57 summed it up correctly. It would be cool to see a 98 home run chase mod between McGwire and Sosa and unfortunately with McGwire would come the 98 cardinals stinkin it up or not. I know it wont happen, I'm just talkin here thats all.

Archived