Bonds Vs. Pujols

aaronuconn

Who do you guys think will finish their careers with the most homeruns, Bonds or Pujols. I guess you could throw Arod into this catagory too. I think Pujols will finish with more. Pujols may even break the single season home run record, but I doubt he will do that. I like Pujols over Bonds any day.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

home run record in 15 years:

1. A-Rod/Pujols

2. Pujols/A-Rod

3. Hank Aaron

4. Willie Mays

5. Ken Griffey Jr.

*Barry Bonds has been removed from the record books for using performance enhancing drugs between 1999-2004.

Well to break the single season homerun record, he has to stay in this homerun groove he's in game after game. Like 8ball said, there's a chance of Pujols passing Bonds if he can stay healthy throughout most of his career.

I think Pujols COULD do it if he stays healthy. But look ay Ken Griffey JR. Everyone thought he was gonna do it, but he was injured. Pujols has the potential to be one of the greatest hitters of all time, he just needs to stay healthy. Alex Rodriguez on the other hand, I think he is on his decline. He will have some more strong seasons, but nothing more than 40 homers.

home run record in 15 years:

1. A-Rod/Pujols

2. Pujols/A-Rod

3. Hank Aaron

4. Willie Mays

5. Ken Griffey Jr.

*Barry Bonds has been removed from the record books for using performance enhancing drugs between 1999-2004.

Willie Mays is unretirting to take a shot at the Babe? Sweet! Quick Schuerholz, Franco worked for us, sign Mays! Put that man in an Atlanta Braves uniform!

I said in the other Barry Bonds thread I thought Pujols would pass Bonds...but as said above it's not certain...for all we know Pujols could retire early , have nagging injuries the rest of his career...but he right now is the strongest candidate to surpass Bonds. He's already hit 222 in his first 6 seasons , Barry only hit 150-ish in his first 6.

Bonds got better as his carrer went on, hopefully Pujols will do the same. Bonds had his best years hitting wise after his 35th birthday, but if you want stealing and fielding, his prime was around his late twenties, early thirties. Bonds has that unique talent (or did at one point) to do it all, but as his speed and fielding ability declined he hit the ball much moer and a lot furter. Cough*steroids*cough.

Pujols will be the greatest of all time if he keeps getting better as his career goes on. If Arod keeps getting better, we will be looking at two active players in the 700 home run club in some years. Arod has the speed over Pujols though. I think in the end Pujols will have the bat over Arod.

First, I think Alex Rodriguez will ultimately hold the HR record. He is

very consistent, and as of now holds the record for fastest HR milestones

reached, he is very much like a Hank Aaron, very consistent and has

more homers per year, where Aaron never put up the big home run

seasons, he just hit them very consistently, never with 50 or more.

REMEMBER Canseco? Pujols is awesome, but I don't know why but

I just feel in another 3-5 years he may break down. I really don't like

him, but this opinion is unbiased. Arod will be there, I firmly believe

this.

In the age of the "let's just stop pitching to him" strategy, no one will ever come close to Aaron or Ruth.

If the league wakes up and puts in some rules to get rid of intentional and the "unintentional-intentional" walks, then it might happen. But I can't see any commisioner, let alone Selig, being brave enough to implement that.

they do pitch around pujols. watch the at-bats when he gets up and hits a homer or rips a double. he can hit a good pitch, he can hit a bad pitch. the guy can hit anything. he is leading the majors in home runs and they are pitching around him, drawing many walks as well. he is the best hitter in baseball right now.

Archived