What's your earliest sports memory?

tebjr

Just wondering what everones earliest sports memory is. Mine is the NBA playoffs in 1981. I was 4 years old. I don't remember to much of it, but I remember the last game between the Celtics and Rockets. That's when I decided I wanted to be a basketball player. While that never worked out, I was hooked on basketball after that. I fell in love with the Lakers around '83. It wasn't until around 89/90 that I really got into baseball.

i will have to say it's haray carey doing cubs games was my ablsoute earliest memory. some other good early ones were hawk and dj doing sox games (grew up on them, first guys i really listened to, still enjoy them), bulls and their dyansty run (i was big on the bulls in the early 90's, becuase i was new to basketball and lived in the area during the first run).

i love the carey family...led me to being a braves fan. best family of announcers out there.

Keeping the Chicago theme from above. I was ten and began to follow the '84 Cubs and the '85 Bears. Soon after that a guy name Michael Jordan emerged after breaking his foot and dominating the Celtics. The mid 80s were good to be a Chicago sports fan.

Well I sort of remember when the Rangers won the cup in 94. I was three then.

Something I vividly remember as a kid is playing hookie and going to the Mets home opener in 1st grade. Of course at the time, I didn't know what hookie was, and told the teacher I was playing hookie. :-)

Archived