1906 White Sox Throwbacks (v2 Update)

fizzjob

Fizz -

From the pictures those jerseys look white. Are they white or are they cream colored? If they are white, would you be able to make a cream colored version?

Also, I know the Sox wore their normal black socks with those unis, but would you be able to make a version with white socks, to make it closer to the original? Thanks, and great job, btw.

I can't honestly tell if they're white or cream. The Podsednik picture makes them look white, the Crede picture makes them look the tiniest bit off-white.

710032644ha.jpg

710032462ck.jpg

...but I'll take your word on the socks being black - the navy is so freaking dark, it's hard to tell the difference.

Time permitting, I will tweak them over the next day or two.

Fizz-

Look at the shop on WhiteSox.com. You can tell from that image that the jerseys are cream. Oddly enough, the hats are pure white (which is probably a mistake - they should have been cream, also). I went to that game, and in person it was clear to see that they weren't white.

As for the socks, they may have been navy, but I assumed they just wore their normal black socks. They should have worn white socks, because the uni was worn with white socks in 1906. It isn't the nicest look, but the white socks do show up pretty well against the cream colored unis.

The Sox' normal colors are silver and black. Therefore, their normal socks are black. However, their colors were navy blue and white/cream back in 1906. These uniforms were actually worn with white socks, but I guess they decided that white didn't look good with the home uniforms. Navy socks, though inaccurate, would have gone with the color scheme. However, I think they were just lazy and wore the normal black socks.

"Pointing out Spelling/Grammar errors isn't necessary.

The best way to improve the overall presentation of the forums is not to post in every poorly written thread complaining about it. Instead, practice what you preach: try to write reasoned, well-thought out, well-written posts."

"Pointing out Spelling/Grammar errors isn't necessary.

The best way to improve the overall presentation of the forums is not to post in every poorly written thread complaining about it. Instead, practice what you preach: try to write reasoned, well-thought out, well-written posts."

You want to quote the site rules? Let me do it too.

- Pointing out Spelling/Grammar errors isn't necessary.

You're not a moderator

There is no reason for you to go around doing this.

STRIKE 2 with your spamming

I've updated and uploaded v2, the uniforms are more "cream", the socks and undershirt are black, and I added the missing Majestic logo on the left sleeve.

Oh, yeah, I also changed the number of buttons to four - I didn't even remember doing that until just now, so it's not in the readme. :oops:

Pending approval, hopefully this version won't slide off into oblivion!

mvp2005-2006-06-05-21-12-04.jpgmvp2005-2006-06-05-21-11-06.jpg

I thought jersey numbers weren't around 'til 1929.
These are the uniforms the Sox are wearing this year in commemoration of the 1906 World Championship, not the acutal 1906 jerseys. There are some photos of the Sox wearing them earlier in this thread.

Archived