Yahoo! Fantasy Football-Anyone Interested?

I was wondering if anyone was planning to make a fantasy football group for our website (much like the fantasy baseball league, which is going quite well)? If no, I suppose I could start a league and be commish, as long as it doesn't cost anything (I'm really cheap). :lol:

Thanks alot fellas

It's just so much easier to do it on Yahoo. Noone really wants to sign up on a new site just for one fantasy football league. Get what I'm saying?

Anyway, I know we had a fantasy league last year, and it was real good. I think Snash13 was the commish, and it did quite well. I guess I'm in, as well.

I started a fantasy football league on my website, we have a bunch of members already signed up. The Fantasy Baseball leagues that I started on the same site have some members from here as well as my site and have GREAT activity along with rivalries. I know a few people here are familiar with my site and I just ask that you either have 400+ posts there, or on MVPmods. I will post the link below, and all of the information that you need is posted. Hope you guys decide to join the league, it should be fun.

LINK

BTW: If you miss out in league #1, I will be opening more leagues as the leagues get full.

So, is someone going to start up a league? I'll do it if no one else wants to (and I do have plenty of experience being commish in Yahoo leagues), but I think we should get this going and organized as soon as possible. As scary as it is to think about, September will be here in no time.

mvp mod hooligans league created. head to head (can be changed to points if agreed on by vote - i prefer head to head) auto draft (doubt anyone here has the time to sit through a live draft). 20 team league-18 teams left. pm for invite. make sure to include email address for invite in pm....

17 teams left...

it's not just about me, it's about the league in whole, i'm sure i'm not the only one who may have conflicts. in fairness everyone in the league should have the same opportunity. if a few people can't make a scheduled draft then it takes all the fun out of it.we don't all live in the same time zone. and we all have different schedules and commitments.

personally though i can go either way. if you guys are willing to do a draft say starting at 9-10pm PST in the evening then sure, lets do it. that's probably the best time for me personally. if we can come to a agreement then we can work it but, it needs to be fair and EVERYONE in the league must attend. or be willing to deal with it. once the league is full the team owners can put it to vote and then it will be decided- majority rules. there's still time to change that. however please do not join if you're not going to commit to the league, if you can't make a draft fine but, don't take up someones slot and never show up!

here's the statement of draft rules on the main league page:

Welcome Mvp Mods members to the 2006 mvpmods.com fantasy football league!

KEEP IN MIND GUYS-after the league is full we will put the draft method to vote. majority rules. OUT OF FAIRNESS if we decide as A GROUP that we will conduct a live draft- the draft will be conducted at as convenient a time as humanly possible for EVERY TEAM OWNER. if we cannot come to agreement on a scheduled time CONVENIENT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED then we will proceed with auto draft.

so if you think you cannot live with the draft vote going either way then please do not join and give your spot to another forum member. we only have 20 slots available.

once we figure out the date of the draft, i'll know if i'll be home for a live one. if not, i'll just vote against it. i can live with the decision either way.

cool. glad you joined the league BTW. i think we can work something out that would work for everyone. i can say for me it will definitely have to be around 10pm pst any evening.

RAM, you're never going to have all 20 people in the league make the draft. I've never seen it in all of the fantasy leagues I've ever been in. Just set a date and time for the draft, and if they can make it, they can make it, and if not, the computer picks for them. If you have a live draft, there are going to be people that don't show up, that's inevitable, but if they pre-rank their players, it's pretty much an autopick draft for them, anyway.

Archived